Main Menu

Richmond 2014 H&A discussion

Started by quinny88, March 25, 2014, 02:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty00

You'd think if Lennon and Lids are back this week then there is no room for Lloyd. Unless they decide to make a statement and drop Grigg, Jackson, Petterd, etc.

Jroo

Quote from: Rusty00 on April 29, 2014, 01:43:16 PM
You'd think if Lennon and Lids are back this week then there is no room for Lloyd. Unless they decide to make a statement and drop Grigg, Jackson, Petterd, etc.
Yeah, that's what I was trying to say.
No chance Jackson will be dropped, I think he's been good. Petterd's been good too and Dimma loves him.
Grigg probably won't be dropped either, even though he deserves to be  :P

Toga

I think Petterd is right in the firing line this week and will probably make way for one of Lids or Lennon. If both come into the team, then guys like McDonough, Newman are probably more at risk than Lloyd but you never know :-X

Quote from: BigMac_93 on April 29, 2014, 01:41:45 PM
I will be interested to see who makes way for Rance. I am not sure we can play all 4 of Rance, Grimes, Chaplin and Astbury.

That's what I was asking last week.. On form Chappy is the one that makes way but I seriously don't know what's going to happen, don't think we can afford to play all three though.

elephants

Lloyd being dropped on the eve of bye-time would mean fantasy mayhem!

Nige

Toga

Yeah thoughts are with Hafey, all the best with his treatment & recovery.

BigMac_93

Sad news, all the best to Tom and his family.

elephants

You blokes reckon Dimma would play Maric, Hampson and Griffiths in the same team?

Nige

Quote from: elephants on May 01, 2014, 01:27:54 PM
You blokes reckon Dimma would play Maric, Hampson and Griffiths in the same team?
Potentially, but it means Ty wouldn't be playing.

Form could be another thing, because when Ivan comes back, Griffiths will probably have to play as a tall forward or defender. 

elephants

Quote from: NigeyS on May 01, 2014, 01:29:36 PM
Potentially, but it means Ty wouldn't be playing.

Form could be another thing, because when Ivan comes back, Griffiths will probably have to play as a tall forward or defender.

Yeah that was my next question haha, where does Vickery fit in? It should be interesting for sure. If Griffiths moved back he's then competing with Rance, Chaplin, Astbury and Grimes for the key-back spot.

One things for sure, you don't lack kpp's!

(Ftr, Griffiths > Chaplin, Astbury, Vickery, Hampson) ;)

Nige

On current form, Astbury's leading the pack of names you've mentioned.

Toga

I think we can play a maximum of four out of those three + Vickery.. And even that might be too tall.

At the moment I'm thinking the pecking order will be something like: Maric > Griffiths > Hampson > Vickery. Hampson has been good and we would've been dead without him (although we're practically dead anyways this season), but he doesn't do enough around the ground to have himself ahead of Maric, and Griffiths is far more suited to the pinch-hitting forward role in my opinion as he has a fantastic contested mark & a huge boot on him, can kick goals (which Hampson can struggle with, see: time at Carlton).

I don't see us playing Griffiths down back as I think he's been a find up forwards this season, so in my opinion Hampson and Vickery might find themselves fighting out for 0 or 1 position in the team, depending on how tall Dimma wants to go. Throw Aaron Edwards into that mix as well and it'll be a hot contest.

So basically no I can't see all four of those blokes playing in the same side, imo it will be only two or three I would've thought!

elephants

Awesome, thanks guys! That all looks about right :)

I'm a huge Griffiths fan and its killing me to cull him this week in AF :'( Also have Hampson in SC and am thinking with Maric on his way back its almost time to cull him too (he's currently my R3).

Melbourne and GWS after your bye is very very tasty though! Almost want to hold them both through the round 8 bye and give them both a crack at the softer sides!

Toga

Quote from: elephants on May 01, 2014, 02:46:50 PM
Awesome, thanks guys! That all looks about right :)

I'm a huge Griffiths fan and its killing me to cull him this week in AF :'( Also have Hampson in SC and am thinking with Maric on his way back its almost time to cull him too (he's currently my R3).

Melbourne and GWS after your bye is very very tasty though! Almost want to hold them both through the round 8 bye and give them both a crack at the softer sides!

Yeah I love Griffo but getting rid of him this week as well in AF. Our upcoming draw does look tasty but he could well chuck up a 40 this week against a very experienced Geelong defence, while Maric could be back as early as R9 so there's question marks over how his return will affect everyone... I would look at culling Griff for sure, Hampson could be worth persisting with for a few more weeks but his time is just around the corner as well!

Nige

I'm adamant that this could be Az Edwards' last season with us.

The guy is like 30 now and we've got guys who are younger who can play a similar role. I don't mind him and I think he's been pretty decent in the games he's played, but he always did feel like a stopgap player imo.

I do feel our small and medium forwards seem to do okay though.

Lloyd, McDonough (although he seems to have been made a defender), Beatle (hasn't played but it's imminent), Knights, Petterd (can swing), Push-Up (you'd think this could be his final year as well), not to mention we have guys like Dusty, Arnot etc that are mids that can play forward too (that aren't talls).

I still don't think we've quite found the structure that suits our forward line the best.