Main Menu

Richmond 2014 H&A discussion

Started by quinny88, March 25, 2014, 02:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

I'm not hearing anything of this anywhere else so far... ???

nickstiges

Just a wait and see at the moment, won't know until tomorrow either way.

Jroo

Damn.
@AFL_JenPhelan: No Deledio, no Rance for Friday night v Pies. Have already been ruled out by @Richmond_FC. Lids has Achilles soreness, Rance foot problem.

Ricochet

Wow thats huge. Had you boys locked in for a win but now I'm not too sure

Toga

Rance was never going to play I don't think, has been listed as 2-3 weeks iirc. But Lids is a big blow, I hope he's ok :(

nickstiges

So now they say he's out, good timing by me, bad for our chances on Friday.

Jroo

Quote from: Toga on April 09, 2014, 07:05:25 PM
Rance was never going to play I don't think, has been listed as 2-3 weeks iirc. But Lids is a big blow, I hope he's ok :(
Yeah I knew Rance was out, but I was hopeful Lids would get up  :(

Nige

The question is: who's going to stand up in Lids' absence?

Any number of guys could do it.

Dusty, Conca, Brandy, Tank, Jacko, Flossy? Somebody has to...

Toga

Quote from: nickstiges on April 09, 2014, 07:07:46 PM
So now they say he's out, good timing by me, bad for our chances on Friday.

It's interesting how much difference one player as classy as Lids can make :(

Btw, since Rance is out, who gets Cloke? Last time we played Collingwood I remember Cloke absolutely smashed Rance, but I have a feeling Chaplin may also have been injured or something... Does Chaplin take Cloke? I personally wouldn't feel confident in Astbury standing Trav, and I don't think Grimes has the size.

Toga

Also Lids not coming back into the team might see Nip get a full game I reckon, King will either be sub or (more likely) rested. Really hope Gordon gets a full game!

nickstiges

I think Astbury has been pretty good so far this year but Cloke would be a tough ask, I'd say Chaplin has to assist if Astbury takes him. Grimes more likely to take a small forward than someone like Cloke.

Astbury - Cloke
Chaplin - White/Cloke
Grimes - Goldsack
Morris - Elliot/Kennedy
Houli - Blair/Sidebottom
Vlastuin/his replacement - resting mid

Maybe something like that?

Nige

We've never missed Lids before, that's the problem.

He's like the one guy who has always played. There's never been a need to fill the void.

Last week, his absence threw a spanner in the works and we didn't cope.

I trust Dimma to be able to work around this though, the top teams can cover absences of key personnel (see: Hawthorn), so if we wanna be one of them, we have to as well.

Toga

Quote from: nickstiges on April 09, 2014, 07:36:21 PM
I think Astbury has been pretty good so far this year but Cloke would be a tough ask, I'd say Chaplin has to assist if Astbury takes him. Grimes more likely to take a small forward than someone like Cloke.

Astbury - Cloke
Chaplin - White/Cloke
Grimes - Goldsack
Morris - Elliot/Kennedy
Houli - Blair/Sidebottom
Vlastuin/his replacement - resting mid

Maybe something like that?

Looks reasonable. Although I think Chappy has to take Cloke. Cloke is 196cm/108kg - a flowering huge human being. Astbury already gives up 10+kg on that I'm pretty sure, while Chappy is about the 100kg mark himself and about the same height so that matchup makes more sense to me personally. The rest of the matchups make sense though ;)

Nige I think it's gotta be a hard running midfielder that fills the void Lids leaves in the midfield so personally think it will be Brandon Ellis that needs to step up as he is more similar to Lids than the others - huge tank, elite disposal. If Nippa starts on the ground as well he is a great runner so could see some midfield rotations.

Vinny

Rance can take a break, Cloke sucks.

Let him run free and he will kick 0.8 and those will be his only 8 touches for the entire game.

You heard it here first.

Jroo

Astbury goes to Cloke, I reckon.
I think we'll miss Lids' run, which will be important. Wished we had Matty White back  :(