Main Menu

Richmond 2014 H&A discussion

Started by quinny88, March 25, 2014, 02:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny

Thanks man, just saw it.

What a cow.

elephants

4-5 imo. Should be impacted by a bad record and the old shower bloke tax of 10% ;)

Nige

It'll be at least 3 weeks for Tyrone, possibly 4.

I reckon give him 4 and let him jet off on his holidays early or something and just let McJesus play out the final 5 rounds.  ;)

Jroo

VFL is on now, Richmond v Port Melbourne.
If McBean plays well, he's in next week. Griff and Hampson could potentially fill in for Tyrone.

Nige

Nige

I'll watch the whole game.

I think this will be the first Richmond VFL game I've watched on TV.

T Dog

Good looking surface at Punt Rd

Nige

shaker

If the coach does not give McBean a run in the next few weeks to cover Vickery you have to question why , the seasons done but sorry guys they don't need to win many more games they have to think about the draft and lot's of young guys our list is littered with mid 20's spuds only 3 players 19 years old plus they must move heaven and earth to get a big bodied mid from somewhere but there does not seem to be many up for grabs maybe Coniglio would be great but who could they offer I'm thinking Jack but GWS are fine for forwards thoughts ??

Jroo

Quote from: shaker on July 26, 2014, 01:53:15 PM
If the coach does not give McBean a run in the next few weeks to cover Vickery you have to question why , the seasons done but sorry guys they don't need to win many more games they have to think about the draft and lot's of young guys our list is littered with mid 20's spuds only 3 players 19 years old plus they must move heaven and earth to get a big bodied mid from somewhere but there does not seem to be many up for grabs maybe Coniglio would be great but who could they offer I'm thinking Jack but GWS are fine for forwards thoughts ??
I'd like to see McBean get a game, but is he ready? He's still very skinny. Someone like Griff is bigger and is a better ruckman and with Ty out, we'd need someone to ruck to give Maric a rest.

Jack is the last guy I'd want to trade, he's so important. It's not all about goals, he's so unselfish and sets up lots of our goals.
I don't think GWS would want Riewoldt anyway, they've got plenty of key forwards.
We're probably looking at a JOR/Shiel, if they want to come home to Vic.

Nige

Quote from: JROO8 on July 26, 2014, 02:03:14 PM
I'd like to see McBean get a game, but is he ready? He's still very skinny. Someone like Griff is bigger and is a better ruckman and with Ty out, we'd need someone to ruck to give Maric a rest.

Jack is the last guy I'd want to trade, he's so important. It's not all about goals, he's so unselfish and sets up lots of our goals.
I don't think GWS would want Riewoldt anyway, they've got plenty of key forwards.
I'd think we may look at Jaksch too.

In other news, the VFL boys been absolutely terrible this second quarter.

shaker

That's the problem JR we really have not got many young guys that are showing promise , both Edwards , Petterd , Griffiths , Knights , Lloyd , Banfield , King , Hampson , Morris  and throw the oldies Newman , Foley and no disrespect to them are not going to take us very far and there is a few more that can be added but we need a big injection of youth but these guys are not worth any currency so do we just persist with this moneyball plan until we have to do a full rebuild ??

Nige

Quote from: shaker on July 26, 2014, 02:20:41 PM

That's the problem JR we really have not got many young guys that are showing promise , both Edwards , Petterd , Griffiths , Knights , Lloyd , Banfield , King , Hampson , Morris  and throw the oldies Newman , Foley and no disrespect to them are not going to take us very far and there is a few more that can be added but we need a big injection of youth but these guys are not worth any currency so do we just persist with this moneyball plan until we have to do a full rebuild ??
The list and some players aren't as bad as you're making them out to be.

There does need to be a decent turnover in players and we do need a few good young players in the draft but a full rebuild is unnecessary and pointless.

shaker

Quote from: NigeyS on July 26, 2014, 02:22:26 PM
Quote from: shaker on July 26, 2014, 02:20:41 PM

The list and some players aren't as bad as you're making them out to be.

There does need to be a decent turnover in players and we do need a few good young players in the draft but a full rebuild is unnecessary and pointless.

As I said Nigey do we persist with the  path we are on until a full rebuild not do a full rebuild but lets face the facts the list we have will not threaten the good teams no matter how much lipstick you apply but yes we need to unload lots of players and inject youth , and are watching the VFL and just can't see any of the older guys playing coming in and improving our team

Even the commentators are echoing what I'm saying we need to wake up and smell the roses  ::)

Nige

To be fair, we're playing Port Melbourne who have been the VFL's best and most consistent team for years.

Not sure if anyone is really doing enough to get a call up for the Giants game tbh. However, I expect Grigg will definitely come in - who replaces Tyrone is a lottery at this stage.