Main Menu

Langdon

Started by jeesh, March 25, 2014, 01:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeesh

Probably a bit irrelevant to most on here that have him already but if you could still vote that'd be christmas

Ricochet

Shaw, Williams and Seedsman currently missing from that backline with only Seedsman to come back in. I would say its pretty solid

dmac07

Think it's pretty solid for the next 4 or 5 weeks, he will need a few quiet games in a row to get dropped I think. Could be in trouble if both Seedsman and Williams return but that wont be for a while.

A risk with any rookie but not one back rookie looked better rnd 1

Ricochet

Don't think Williams will return dmac. He's being sentenced on April 22nd

jeesh

I've got the itch. Think I'm gonna pull the trigger once teams come out and Wanganeen has been dropped. I apologise in advance if I ruin it for us all and he gets injured or dropped.

GCSkiwi

Quote from: jeesh on March 25, 2014, 01:38:00 PM
I've got the itch. Think I'm gonna pull the trigger once teams come out and Wanganeen has been dropped. I apologise in advance if I ruin it for us all and he gets injured or dropped.

If you need him to cover a field donut then do it, but if it's just a non-emergency bench spot then I would still wait a week. Tempting to jump on given he got 111 but would you be so happy about it if he gets 20 this week? I don't have him either but there is no way I will bring him in this week. See how he goes this week, allows me to assess whether he really is worth it and who I am best to get rid of to bring him in.

I might just have to accept I've missed him, have Tyson, Aish, Polec, Michie, Ellis, Dunstan in the mids, and LMac, Langford and Georgiou in defense. Bar one of them being dropped I don't really think it's worth it to trade any of them. LMac a bit disappointing  but should still play and accumulate $$.

jeesh

Well i'm fairly certain Wanganeen has played his 1 and only game for the season so having him sitting on the bench for the rest of the season is viable but I'd much rather bring someone in to make me some cash and potentially more points and also give me a DP link to the backs. Will have to wait for teams for any possible donuts but geez I hope none arise this early on. I had 28 play, 27 played a full game only vest was Wanganeen and then 2 non playing rookie rucks like most that didn't want to have cash on the bench.

jeesh

Thanks for voting everyone. With the vast majority voting solid I think I'm gonna make the trade this week. Realistically what are the chances Langdon getting injured/reported this week or dropped the next? I reckon they are pretty slim and they are the only scenarios that would make trading after round 1 an epic fail.

Free Kick

One thing we know about Buckley.. If you play well you stay in.. The ball is in his court and from what I saw against a top side in Freo, Langdon will play more solid games..

jeesh

Quote from: Free Kick on March 25, 2014, 09:07:42 PM
One thing we know about Buckley.. If you play well you stay in.. The ball is in his court and from what I saw against a top side in Freo, Langdon will play more solid games..

Well seeing Free Kick you just made the "OFFICIAL TRADE CAUTION THREAD!!" and haven't said I'm a Muppet if I trade after 1 round I'll take that as the green light to go ahead lol

Ramus

Jeesh, were your rookie picks a disaster?

If not wait and see how he goes this week, he might stink the place up!

I picked him on my bench (no E) but only because he was named first week...panic pick

I will be trading this week, but not rookies, rookie trades are next week.

Free Kick

Quote from: jeesh on March 25, 2014, 09:17:03 PM
Quote from: Free Kick on March 25, 2014, 09:07:42 PM

Well seeing Free Kick you just made the "OFFICIAL TRADE CAUTION THREAD!!" and haven't said I'm a Muppet if I trade after 1 round I'll take that as the green light to go ahead lol

I won't be telling anyone how to handle their own trades Jeesh, but still happy to give my thoughts on other prospective trade issues..

For the record though, I won't be trading this week, good luck with your decision 8) 

jeesh

Quote from: Ramus on March 25, 2014, 09:57:46 PM
Jeesh, were your rookie picks a disaster?

Far from a disaster but could have been better
Def: McDonald, Langford, Gergiou
Mids: Michie, Polec, Ellis, Dunstan, Cunnigham, Wanganeen
Rucks: Brown, King
Forwards: Rohan, McDonough, Impey

If everyone that played in round 1 plays again I don't have an issue they'll make money and do there job but I highly doubt Wanganeen will hold his spot

Spite

For those wanting to know how far along Seedsman is, look at my post in the collingwood section. It may surprise you a little and help you have faith in Langdons JS.

jeesh

Cheers Spite
so most likely he won't play in the 1's till after there bye