The "Pick A Spud" Match Day Game

Started by Mr.Craig, March 24, 2014, 10:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

Quote from: GoLions16 on April 21, 2014, 03:01:53 AM
Craigy, could we have a leaderboard of who gets the lowest score the most times? I cbf though haha

Maybe if I just record who wins each week and update it, I feel like a full blown leaderboard could discourage new people from coming in and giving it a go.

Round 2 Winner - LuvFooty
Round 3 Winner - LaHug
Round 4 Winner - GoLions
Round 5 Winner - LuvFooty

Ricochet

Yeh good idea Craigy/GL.

flower I have been showerhouse lol.

Ringo

Like it with Weekly winners rather than a leaderboard as coaches can jump in at any time.

elephants

I might just name whatever players I have in SC/DT in the game in question. They do their best to score like hacks.

Toga

Quote from: elephants on April 21, 2014, 04:51:19 PM
I might just name whatever players I have in SC/DT in the game in question. They do their best to score like hacks.

I like your thinking. Will be doing this :P

elephants

Haha, I did love Roughy's best effort to AVOID THE FOOTY AT ALL COSTS THIS ARVO!

Toga

For GC vs GWS

D: L.Plowman, J.Hutchins
M: Z.Williams. W.Hoskin-Elliot
R: Tom Nicholls (C)
F: T.Sumner, Tom Boyd

Nige

Hutchins, Bugg
WHE, Lemmens
Nicholls (c)
Sumner, Patton

LF

Hutchins,Russell
O`Rourke,Hoskin-Elliot
Nicholls(C)
T.Sumner,Frost

Mr.Craig

B: Thompson, Russell
M: Williams, O'Rourke
R: Giles (C)
F: Sumner, Frost

LaHug

I'll put in my team a bit later but I have a suggestion for how this comp could be slightly better (or, at the very least, slightly easier).

In my opinion, it would be much better if the weekly game were also a Matchday game on the Fantasy website. This is good for two reasons. Firstly, when we remember to enter our Matchday teams (hopefully), it can serve reminder to do this too. On top of that, it is a lot easier to be sure of who plays what position and who's actually playing if we can use picking our Matchday teams as a guide (thanks to the green light from AF).

Thoughts?

Capper

For GC vs GWS

D: J.Hutchins, L.Russell
M: M.Shaw, J.O'Rourke
R: J.Giles (C)
F: T.Sumner, S.Frost

TomK

DEF: L. Plowman, L. Russell.
MID: J. O'Rourke, S. Lemmens.
RUC: T. Nicholls (C).
FOR: S. Frost, T. Boyd.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: LaHug on April 25, 2014, 10:09:46 PM
I'll put in my team a bit later but I have a suggestion for how this comp could be slightly better (or, at the very least, slightly easier).

In my opinion, it would be much better if the weekly game were also a Matchday game on the Fantasy website. This is good for two reasons. Firstly, when we remember to enter our Matchday teams (hopefully), it can serve reminder to do this too. On top of that, it is a lot easier to be sure of who plays what position and who's actually playing if we can use picking our Matchday teams as a guide (thanks to the green light from AF).

Thoughts?

I just use a combination of the Stats section in AF and the team announcements on the AFL site to do my team and it's pretty easy but I see your point. Will take it under consideration for the future.

GoLions

D: Hutchins, Russell
M: Hoskin-Elliot, Lemmens
R: Giles (C)
F: Boyd, Sumner