Cotchin vs watson vs fyfe vs zorko... Reply...

Started by Daniel123, March 24, 2014, 07:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel123

Looking as these boys dont ask why just not sure who to pick liking Trent's easy draw tho

Torpedo10

My take:

Cotch - Will slowly score lower as the season goes on, he will get tagged really hard by the top teams with top taggers.

Watson - The best option but with ASADA and Essendon's problem throughout the 2nd half of the season he could hurt.

Fyfe - The Smokie and I would go with him. In a strong team and he is a very high scoring Supercoacher.

Zorko - Impulse buy for anyone this early, people have obviously forgotten all of 2013.

kilbluff1985

you care about Cotch getting tagged but not Fyfe doc?

spudaroos

Fyfe gets pure contested ball, much harder to tag that plus that means he scores high even if he doesn't rack them up. Jobe is who I would choose anyday, proven elite and can score huge 150+ games, a real unique captain choice if you need one. Cotch is a gun but as previously mentioned he can be shower down by a tag. Zorko should not even be mentioned with those lads in terms of Supercoach, will be VERY unlikely to score as high and as consistently as them.

MLS

I think if you were ever going to go Watson, you needed to start with him. Possibly burning another trade to get him out if things go south with ASADA would be a big risk

no eye deer

Fyfe looked VERY good until he was subbed last week. The kid is huge now. Of course, I may be slightly biased!

GCSkiwi

Quote from: MLS on March 25, 2014, 12:09:19 AM
I think if you were ever going to go Watson, you needed to start with him. Possibly burning another trade to get him out if things go south with ASADA would be a big risk

Agree. I argued against people picking Watson because of ASADA and I stand by that, but it could well be that no action is taken until long after it is relevant. He could play the whole season and kill me, I'm not picking him up though. Personally I'm not convinced he will prove to be a far superior option to others in the gun mids like Rocky, Cotchin, Griffen, SJ etc. So I'm not too concerned about missing him.

Quote from: Daniel123 on March 24, 2014, 07:18:36 PM
Looking as these boys dont ask why just not sure who to pick liking Trent's easy draw tho

Not so much a why but more a HOW are you looking at these guys - your team is made? So you must be sideways trading somewhere to bring one of these guys in at this point? In which case none of them are a good option because a post-round 1 sideways trade is ill-advised.

tor01doc

fever

Quote from: Daniel123 on March 24, 2014, 07:18:36 PM

because you had to specify the answer is....... DONT SIDEWAYS TRADE AFTER 1 ROUND YOU FOOL

HotTiges

Lol bit harsh fever for the flava.. Question.. Who are you trading?

Ricochet

Daniel123

Quote from: HotTiges on March 25, 2014, 10:26:28 AM
Lol bit harsh fever for the flava.. Question.. Who are you trading?
Quote from: Ricochet on March 25, 2014, 10:29:47 AM
and how does it affect your bye structure?
It will give me a bye structure of 10,10,10 if i go cotchin and who im trading is HIGHLY confidential  ;)

Ricochet

lol why is it highly confidential if your trading him out?

_wato

So um I just digged this up..

Quote from: Daniel123 on March 23, 2014, 09:26:15 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 23, 2014, 09:18:09 PM
Ralphy reckons Rocky might get cited and get a week or two - that would really annoy Rocky owners

An excuse to get rid of him 4 me

Man don't do it, it's such a waste of a trade. You are indeed sideways trading and you'd kick yourself if Rocky scores a good ton next game. IMO he will be a top 10 mid and many others will back me up on that thought. You don't do all the research preseason to sideways trade after ONE mishap. Ease up dude. Chill and just play a rookie in his position. Trades are gold in SC especially with only 30.

fever

plus your bye structure will very likely change dep on which rookies peak/which cash cows come along at which times.

clearly do what you want, but i think anyone that does ANY trade this week (other than jack martin) is a fool. you must back your judgement pre r1 and know that one game is statistically insignificant one way or the other. if there were potential price rises involved then that's a different story, but there aint.