First Trade Ideas/Help?

Started by Elcapitano, March 24, 2014, 05:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elcapitano

Hi Guys, now that round 1's complete I'm looking at first possible trade targets.. I know we have only had the one round but I want your opinion on who I should be looking at bringing in,

Scored: 2307
$202,000k left over

Def: McVeigh, Mitchell, Simpson, D Swallow, McDonald, Langford (Langdon, Georgiou)

Mids: Ablett, Watson, Rockliff, Beams, Tyson, Polec, Ellis, Dunstan (Mitchie, Taylor)

Ruck: McEvoy, Sandilands (Currie, King)

For: Dangerfield, Martin, Roughead, T Mitchell, Higgins, McDonough (JKH, Impey)

First looks I'm not confident with F6-8,
Mitchie & McDonald??

I can straight swap McDonough to Caddy?

Southstorm

Wait until teams to see if McDonough is named. He's the only one you have to worry about.

Doggoneit

ask me again after Round 2 :)

Elcapitano

Cheers! Yea McDonough worries me.. especially with a very thing forward bench...
If McDonough isn't named this wk (as expected) is Caddy really the only player sub $350k I should be looking at?
Other option is switch Taylor to Fwds and grab a $350k mid... Macrae, Shiels, Thomas?

Fid

Quote from: Elcapitano on March 24, 2014, 06:24:36 PM
Cheers! Yea McDonough worries me.. especially with a very thing forward bench...
If McDonough isn't named this wk (as expected) is Caddy really the only player sub $350k I should be looking at?
Other option is switch Taylor to Fwds and grab a $350k mid... Macrae, Shiels, Thomas?

Not too keen on Caddy?

I would wait a week to see how things go

maygs

Your team looks really solid.  I wouldn't change a thing unless Mcdon isn't selected.

Judd Magic

Here's my team guys.

Really worried about Burger, thinking of downgrading him to Hamspon/Hickey and using the cash to upgrade Webster to Simpson.

B- McVeigh, Mitchell, Enright, Webster, Langdon, Langford (McDonald, Georgiou)

C - Ablett, Watson, Libba, Beams, Polec, Tyson, Dunstan, Mitchie (Ellis, Taylor)

R - Leuenburger, Sandilands (Currie, King)

F - Dangerfield, Martin, Roughead, Wingard, Caddy, Higgins (Rohan, McDonough)

Worth downgrading Burger to Hampson/Hickey to upgrade Webster to Simpson so have a more reliable D4?  :-\

Elcapitano

If your going to trade Webster I'd look at Swallow.. $80k less and looks like he's in for a big year!

Jimmykidd

Quote from: Elcapitano on March 24, 2014, 08:39:47 PM
If your going to trade Webster I'd look at Swallow.. $80k less and looks like he's in for a big year!

+1

I have Luey too, I wouldn't look to trade him out yet. Hold that for another week. Team looks good man.

kilbluff1985

@Elcapitano i would do the Caddy trade Mcd is a prime vest candidate

@Judd Magic bit rude to ask for help on someone elses thread mate just start your own

Judd Magic

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on March 24, 2014, 10:57:50 PM
@Elcapitano i would do the Caddy trade Mcd is a prime vest candidate

@Judd Magic bit rude to ask for help on someone elses thread mate just start your own

Didn't think it would matter since its a generic thread title.

Also one less thread that clogs up the board.

I really don't think the OP is gonna lose any sleep over it. LOL!  ::)

kilbluff1985

it's still rude and it's hard to follow the conversation and give help to both teams

i was just letting you know for your own good your going to get more help if you start your own thread

Elcapitano

So McDonough has been dropped as expected.. With $350k if I trade him, in your opinion who's the best I can bring in?

Straight swap for Caddy.. or another Fwd under $350k which I don't know who would suit?

Or I can switch Taylor into the Fwd line and pick up a Mid for $350k??

I'm thinking the Caddy trade is probably the way to go... any other thoughts?? (My Team is displayed at the top)

Doggoneit

I think you should wait until other teams are named tomorrow night - you will have about an hour between and will have further knowledge of who is in and out.

tor01doc

With such a good opening round score, what is your ranking- not you Judd Magic you hijacker you!

I would seriously look at Rocky and McDonough to another premium and Caddy if you can afford it.

Maybe Cotchin or Libber if you feel like sticking your neck out.