Rockliff OUT

Started by Sydney14, March 24, 2014, 03:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Quote from: nrich102 on March 24, 2014, 06:25:18 PM
Btw, how the flower does Gibson not get weeks for his bit on Close?

Quote from: Toga on March 24, 2014, 06:11:16 PM
Gibson's attempt would have been fine had Mitchell's tackle not have brought down Close just as Gibson makes contact, so agree with the MRP's verdict that it was out of his control...

strikes91

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on March 24, 2014, 03:40:20 PM
there goes my brownlow bets FML

You're not the only one, check out this comment on twitter though the Tribunal page

AFL Tribunal ‏@AFLTribunal 3h

Full MRP statement after two charges were laid and two incidents cleared: http://afl.to/1gs4BW2

Retweet
    Favorite

View summary
Josh McCabe ‏@JoshMcCabe91 40m

@AFLTribunal Which ever *Bleep* made that decision can refund my money I put on rockliff to win the brownlow.

Ricochet

haha gold. Wonder how much he put on

Ringo

Quote from: Toga on March 24, 2014, 06:11:16 PM
Check out the 'Charged' segment on AFL.com now at 1:40 - Close cops one high from Gibson as he is tackled by Sam Mitchell. Personally looked like Gibson's attempt would have been fine had Mitchell's tackle not have brought down Close just as Gibson makes contact, so agree with the MRP's verdict that it was out of his control...
That is where I differ from the MRP interpretation as Gibson definitely swings his arm into the head.  He could have pulled the swinging arm but did not so should have been charged. As I said certain clubs seem to get the rub of the green with MRP intepretations,
I suppose you also agree with the MRP that Wellinghams trip was reckless and not deliberate despite the fact there was a definite movement towards the player.

Toga

But the swinging arm would have been just part of a normal tackle had he have hit Close in the chest instead would it not? Anyways just my opinion on this weekend's incidents, that's just what I think.

Nope, I think that Welly got off lightly and that it should have been classed as deliberate. We're not all out to get you mate. ;)

Ringo

Thanks Toga as you may have gathered I can get riled and very passionate when my team is involved.  You do not see it very often though.  It comes from years of seeing Brown scragged and triple teamed with very few free kicks going his way and then light taps paid at the other end.

elephants

Passionate

1. having, showing, or caused by strong feelings or beliefs.

Delusional

1. an idiosyncratic belief or impression maintained despite being contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.

Don't think you have a mental disorder at all Ringo but your passion is borderline delusional :P

Nige

I don't know why, but I really like the use of the word idiosyncratic.  :P

elephants

It's an outstanding word :P

Vinny

Quote from: elephants on March 24, 2014, 07:05:20 PM
Passionate

Delusional

1. an idiosyncratic belief or impression maintained despite being contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.

Don't think you have a mental disorder at all Ringo but your passion is borderline delusional :P

Danzac

The Lions are being victimized by the refs because of past successes?
Oh Ringo, u so silly  :D

tor01doc

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on March 24, 2014, 05:38:18 PM
Quote from: Ringo on March 24, 2014, 04:24:51 PM
No Doc I believe the MRP have a vendetta against Brisbane as do umpires and I hate to say it but maybe a directive to really umpire Brisbane after our three peat.  Since the three peat we have not won many free kick counts.

To prove my point and I modified post - Rich got two weeks for pushing a player into the fence and Walker gets one week for the same thing.

And the BS excuse for Gibson getting off of the Close incident further adds to the belief.

Angry yes when we see the number of incidents similar in a game not cited but when it it is Brisbane every little act seems to get reported, I believe the MRP have Rose coloured glasses on when it comes to examining incidents involving the top teams.

Maybe Brisbane havent won a free kick count in 10 years, because they have been 2nd to the ball for the last 10 years ;)

He he he.  ;D ;D ;D

Nige

Quote from: Vinny on March 24, 2014, 07:12:03 PM
Quote from: elephants on March 24, 2014, 07:05:20 PM
Passionate

Delusional

Loving your premium input once again, Vin.  ;)

Ringo

Luv it guys keep it coming I have a thick skin.

You wonder why I am cynical well it goes right back to the 2004 Prelimninary Final where Brisbane was entitled to host it but the AFL forced it to be played at the MCG despite having the power for make up games at the G. That imo was the reason we lost the 4 Peat but taking nothing away from Port but we were the Team That was the start and numerous ocassions since have reinforced the conspiracy theory as it is no scret that Brisbanes relationship with the AFL over this year detoriated.

elephants

You don't need thick-skin Ringo, we aren't abusing you :P We're telling you like it is!