Rockliff OUT

Started by Sydney14, March 24, 2014, 03:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_wato

Hahahahahah fever, they're gold!

Vinny

So you legitimately reckon that the MRP are going out of their way to make sure Brisbane have a shower time after their three flags a decade ago? Doubt it man.

Toga

Yeah that seems a bit far-fetched to me as well :-X

Ringo

Quote from: Vinny on March 24, 2014, 05:29:19 PM
So you legitimately reckon that the MRP are going out of their way to make sure Brisbane have a shower time after their three flags a decade ago? Doubt it man.
I will believe it when I see some consistency in charging players.  Watch the Gibson one if it was Merrett on say Gunston he would have been charged as the arm was swinging over the Top.  My opinion and I will stick with it until proved different. I can go through numerous others similarly wher Brisbane players have been charged and other clubs players miss so as I say when it is proved wrong then I will believe.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Ringo on March 24, 2014, 04:24:51 PM
No Doc I believe the MRP have a vendetta against Brisbane as do umpires and I hate to say it but maybe a directive to really umpire Brisbane after our three peat.  Since the three peat we have not won many free kick counts.

To prove my point and I modified post - Rich got two weeks for pushing a player into the fence and Walker gets one week for the same thing.

And the BS excuse for Gibson getting off of the Close incident further adds to the belief.

Angry yes when we see the number of incidents similar in a game not cited but when it it is Brisbane every little act seems to get reported, I believe the MRP have Rose coloured glasses on when it comes to examining incidents involving the top teams.

Maybe Brisbane havent won a free kick count in 10 years, because they have been 2nd to the ball for the last 10 years ;)

Toga

But no one situation is the same I don't think Ringo... They might be similar yes but there's always specific factors involved.

Vinny

Quote from: Ringo on March 24, 2014, 05:37:00 PM
Quote from: Vinny on March 24, 2014, 05:29:19 PM
I will believe it when I see some consistency in charging players.  Watch the Gibson one if it was Merrett on say Gunston he would have been charged as the arm was swinging over the Top.  My opinion and I will stick with it until proved different. I can go through numerous others similarly wher Brisbane players have been charged and other clubs players miss so as I say when it is proved wrong then I will believe.
I'd rarely disagree with you Ringo but what you are saying is a joke. Don't think you are thinking straight. MRP that has such a big influence on the AFL don't come together after every round at board meeting and figure out how to flower Brisbane over.

Hahaha JB

Ringo

It it involved your club you would be as passionate Vinny and I still fail to see how Gibson could be cleared as I said. Know there are always specific factors involved but to me that some clubs seem to get more rub of the green at the tribunal than other clubs. That is probably what I am trying to say in all my emotion in this one especially when Clarke also coped a wack in the bread basket.

I hqave also just watched the incident again and Mitchell is not that innocent either

Ricochet

Which one is the Gibson incident?

Toga

Check out the 'Charged' segment on AFL.com now at 1:40 - Close cops one high from Gibson as he is tackled by Sam Mitchell. Personally looked like Gibson's attempt would have been fine had Mitchell's tackle not have brought down Close just as Gibson makes contact, so agree with the MRP's verdict that it was out of his control...

Ringo

The one where he comes over the top of Close when he has been tackled by Mitchell.  He was cleared by the MRP. To be fair though I have had no faith in the MRP for years because of their inconsistencies in assessing incidents.  At the risk of upsetting Eagles fans how the Wellingham trip was not classed as deliberate is beyond me.

Ricochet

Quote from: Toga on March 24, 2014, 06:11:16 PM
Check out the 'Charged' segment on AFL.com now at 1:40 - Close cops one high from Gibson as he is tackled by Sam Mitchell. Personally looked like Gibson's attempt would have been fine had Mitchell's tackle not have brought down Close just as Gibson makes contact, so agree with the MRP's verdict that it was out of his control...
OK yeh they explained that one pretty well. It would have been a fine tackle if Mitchell hadn't brought him down

Nige

Quote from: fever on March 24, 2014, 05:24:18 PM
just wanted an excuse to post some gifs
One never needs an excuse to post a good gif.  ;)

nrich102

Absolute bullshower. Sam Mitchell was being a dick all game, he should get weeks if Rocky does.

Btw, how the flower does Gibson not get weeks for his bit on Close?

Nige

Upset Lions supporters everywhere.