WXV Round 2 - Seoul Destroyers?

Started by ossie85, March 24, 2014, 10:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Round 2      AFL Round 2   

Mexico City Suns   v   Tokyo Samurai   Fireball Stadium   
Cairo Sands   v   New Delhi Tigers   Borg El Arab Stadium   
Seoul Magpies   v   Dublin Destroyers   Seoul World Cup Stadium   EurAsian Premiership Match
Wellington Warriors   v   PNL Reindeers   The Basin Reserve   
Pacific Islanders   v   Beijing Thunder   Linkbelt Oval, Aiwo, Nauru   
Cape Town Cobras   v   New York Revolution   Newlands Cricket Ground   AAP Alliance Premiership Match
London Royals   v   Buenos Aires Armadillos   London Olympic Stadium   
Toronto Wolves   v   Berlin Brewers   Rogers Centre   
Sao Paulo Pumas   v   Moscow Spetsnaz   Estadio do Pumas   

Tokyo are top of the table! But face one of the sternest tests in Mexico City... If they are still top of the table after Round 2, they'd have deserved it.

Cairo will look to notch a win over the lowly New Delhi, anything less will be a disaster. The Tigers will need to show something!

In my match of the round, Seoul came out swinging in Round 1 and came away with a hard fought win. They host the new giant of the competition Dublin this round, and this could prove a danger came for the Destroyers.

PNL face the Wooden Spooners in Wellington... surely they can't find a way to lose this one? I have a soft spot for PNL, and even though Wellington are in trouble, I'll be barracking for them.

Pacific v Beijing! The winner will be 2-0 to start the season, which is a dream start for both these bottom 3 clubs.

Cape Town and New York shapes as a defining match for both clubs, who were very disappointing in round 1. Very early, but another disappointing loss will have the buzzards hovering.

Buenos Aires will go in as strong favourites against London, but the Royals have a midfield that can excite on any given day. Still, money on Buenos Aires.

Berlin and Toronto face-off again, with the Brewers victory late last year crucial in shaping the finals. Berlin weren't convincing but won last week, while Toronto were way off their best.

Sao Paulo will be very nervous facing off against Moscow - with both teams having room for improvement, the question will be who improves the fastest? Sao Paulo will unveil its 2013 flag, and will hope to have a win to celebrate the occasion.

kilbluff1985

Tokyo

Def Suckling, Broughton,, J. Carlisle, S. Mitchell
Mids Jack (C), S. Selwood (VC), Shuey, N. Suban 
Rucks D. Simpson
Fwds L. Parker, L. Dahlhaus, J. Merrett, T. Campbell
I/C T. Richards, G. Ibbotson

Emerg - T. West (Ruck), A. Kennedy (Def), M. Gleeson(Mid)

expecting Ibbo back this week after playing in the reserves last week :)

subject to change

Purple 77

Hoping to welcome back Jackson this week, Garland too.

JJK, Wells, Crouch, Garlett and Jetta were pathetically below their standard output, so I expect them to come out firing against Toronto. I need to win this one, as I face Sao Paulo, Mexico and Buenos Aires in a 4 week period soon  :-\

Toga

What a start to the season it would be for us if we could go 2-0! Come on boys!

Holz

Backs:   T.Mcdonald, G.Birchall, R.Murphy,J.Watts
Mids: J.Selwood (VC), J.Watson (C), T.Boak, D.Mundy
Ruck: T.Goldstein
Fwds: L.Franklin, C.Dixon, M.Walters, R.Gray
Interchange: N.Dal Santo, S.Grigg

Emg: L.Hansen, J.Green, L.Delaney

Sub rule in play:
Not going anywhere near co-captains after last week.

could be in some major trouble this week with Rance, Rocky and Goldy possibly gone.

Holz

If a forward goes down is it possible to have Watts switch up front than tom McDonald to come onto the field? or go the 5 defender option if a forward is out?

ossie85

Quote from: Holzman on March 24, 2014, 04:04:47 PM
If a forward goes down is it possible to have Watts switch up front than tom McDonald to come onto the field? or go the 5 defender option if a forward is out?

Nah, needs to be sorted before.  You could put watts on bench

Also a mid short

CrowsFan

Yes if one of your forwards pulled out then Watts would move forward and McDonald would come on in defense.

Toga

Might as well just name a team now so we don't have any problems this week. Subject to change!

Beijing Thunder
D: H.Taylor, C.Hooker, J.Hunt, E.Yeo
M: O.Wines (C), L.Shiels, D.Stanley, M.Rosa
R: M.Kreuzer
F: J.Caddy (VC), S.Mayes, E.Betts, T.Varcoe
I/C: B.Grundy, J. Aish

Emg: M.Talia (DEF), M.Jones (MID), B.Kennedy (FWD)

Jukes

Spetsnaz
D: H. Shaw, L. Dunn, N. Vlastuin, J. Hombsch
M: R. Griffen (c), C. Ward, J. O'Meara, D. Heppell
R: N. Naitanui
F: D. Martin (vc), A. Monfries, T. Vickery, J. Jenkins
U: D. Ellard, J. Simpkin

Emg: Z. Clarke, J. Frawley, S. May

italics = playing Thursday night

Nige

Richard Douglas could make a surprise return.  :o

Ringo

London Royals

Def: Heritier Lumumba; Andrew Mackie; Brent Reilly; Dane Rampe
Mids: Danyle Pearce; Daniel Hannebery; Brent Stanton; Jarrad McVeigh
Ruck: Ben Hudson
Fwds: Johnathan Brown; Joe Daniher; Chris Mayne; Brandon Matera;
Int: Shane Edwards; Matthew Broadbent

Emergencies:  David Mackay;  Zac Tuohy; Mitch Brown (West Coast)

Co- Captains    Brent Stanton; Jarrad McVeigh

Sub rule invoked.

In: Brent Reilly subject to fitness test;  Ben Hudson
Out: Zac Tuohy; Sam Wright

Subject to change after Team announcements. Really struggling with Rucks with injury to Bellchambers and lack of form from Hudson and Gorringe and Thurlow in no mans land.

Should be no more than a speed bump for the Dillos outfit.

Nige

Cairo

D: P.Hanley, N.Malceski, B.Smith, E.Mackenzie
M: D.Beams (cc), D.Prestia (cc), R.Douglas, L.Dunstan
R: S.Mumford
F: L.Breust, P.Puopolo, S.Kerridge, J.Cripps
I: J.Giles, M.Rischitelli

E: T.Chaplin, S.Rowe, L.Johnston

- Douglas looks like he'll return after making a speedy recovery. ✔
- Clancee will be back and takes Smith's spot because I don't think he'll go too well in the Showdown. ✘
- Eric Mackenzie did very well last week and gets a call up since he'll take on the Demons and should do as well as he did last week, if not better. ✔
- Dunstan retains his place, but that's mainly because Mark Hutchings isn't in the team and has to pass a fitness test. I think Luke will do well against the Giants, like he did last week vs the Dees. ✔
- Goodes keeps his spot as I expect him to bounce back. ✘
- Johnston was hard to watch, and Cripps did a good job which I feel he could replicate. ✔
- We're also gonna trial the co-captains option against NDT with Beams and Prestia. ✔

Goodes omitted, Clancee not named. Smith goes into defense, Giles keeps his spot.

So basically in the end:

IN: Mackenzie, Douglas
OUT: Goodes, Johnston

ossie85

Btw, just realising its another $&$&%&* Thursday game, so its a partial lock out again until the Friday night game.

*grumble*

Justin Bieber

PARISIAN NICE LYON REINDEERS

Backs: K. Simpson, C. Enright, J. Harbrow, M. Jaensch.
Mids: M. Priddis (C), N. Jones, L. Ball, F. Ray.
Fwds: C. Wingard (VC), J. Westhoff, C. Rioli, J. Patton.
Ruc: M. Lobbe.
Int: D. Myers, D. Rich.

Emg: H. Grundy, D. Shiel, Z. Merrett.

A few changes to the team! All 3 emergencies from last week come in at the expense of McPharlin, Shiel and Grundy. Rioli looking set to return to action and replaces Billings from the lineup.

Subject to change of course!