Libba needs to lift

Started by whynot102, March 23, 2014, 09:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotTiges

Quote from: _wato on March 23, 2014, 10:47:26 PM
Yeah I'm not too worried. 27 touches was still good, just didn't have the opportunity to rack up tackles and hard contested footy and what not etc

I'm more worried about Nic Nat, looked slow!
Also the fact there were a million talls in the line up..getting juicy for a couple of weeks.. Remember, slow pre season..can't expect him to destroy teams straight away and he was going to get managed today..hence the Sinclair selection

RaisyDaisy

_wato

I know Tiges, thought he could at least manage 80 however

Bit annoyed that he'll be juicy for others now, but I guess I have to live with that!

Bully

Griffen out definitely affects Libba, I'm wondering if the competition will really tighten up on him now.

Dayze

I know hindsight is handy, but with Griffen out, u should probably have avoided libba.
I changed him to Jobe last minute when I found out and I'm suprised more didn't.

FonFatty

Quote from: Dayze on March 24, 2014, 12:23:48 AM
I know hindsight is handy, but with Griffen out, u should probably have avoided libba.
I changed him to Jobe last minute when I found out and I'm suprised more didn't.
Griffen will be back. Yes you could have avoided for this week, but what happens when Griff is back? Trade him in?
Conditions were tough as well in Perth, warm conditions wouldn't help many midfielders.
Positive for me is he had a quiet game but still gathered 27 touches, almost 50/50 with contested/uncontested possessions, convinced me enough to hold on. If he comes out this week and scores poorly then I'd have a few concerns, however he is a clearance machine and those sort of players score well in this game.

kilbluff1985

i have him and not worried about him yes he did not score great but had an ok game not many weeks Minson will be out sized like he was today which didn't help Libba

js19

Quote from: _wato on March 23, 2014, 11:13:07 PM
I know Tiges, thought he could at least manage 80 however

Bit annoyed that he'll be juicy for others now, but I guess I have to live with that!

Libba's BE is around 105, which means he needs 315 over the first 3 rds to break even. With the 79 today he's got 236 to go, so a couple of reasonable tons and he'll keep his price. After that the 79 goes out of the equation anyways. Juicy might be pushing it...

Dayze

I live in Perth and it wasn't that bad today. Scott selwood seemed alright?
Let's not forget how poorly he scored first half when the game was actually up for grabs.
A lot of junk time touches once that game was won.

Let's remember we payed a premium price for this premium.
I like my premium mids to perform even with a tag which he didn't even have.

Griffen has had a very limited preseason. Easily the dogs best player. Big concerns on libba mate. 105 is not good enough for him this season
Par mark 110 minimum. Remember most chose him over Jobe who is 115-120.

Dayze

In saying that, if I had chose libba, which I very nearly did, if not for griffins injury, I would not even consider trading him.

Just saying its a concern and it should have been taken into account

FonFatty

Quote from: Dayze on March 24, 2014, 01:10:25 AM
I live in Perth and it wasn't that bad today. Scott selwood seemed alright?
Let's not forget how poorly he scored first half when the game was actually up for grabs.
A lot of junk time touches once that game was won.

Let's remember we payed a premium price for this premium.
I like my premium mids to perform even with a tag which he didn't even have.

Griffen has had a very limited preseason. Easily the dogs best player. Big concerns on libba mate. 105 is not good enough for him this season
Par mark 110 minimum. Remember most chose him over Jobe who is 115-120.
I will sum up my options with him next week. I sort of agree with your comments regarding his scoring potential, if he has a reasonable game and still scores poorly, well I might bite the bullet and pay the extra $60k for Jelwood. Will give it a week though.

Southstorm

You can't sideways premos. People thought about this last year with Paddy Dangerfield. You put thought into picking Libba in the first place, you've got to back your judgment and stick with your man.

Unless you put no thought into who you picked and did it because someone else did, in that case keep doing what everyone else does?

FonFatty

Quote from: Southstorm on March 24, 2014, 01:20:23 AM
You can't sideways premos. People thought about this last year with Paddy Dangerfield. You put thought into picking Libba in the first place, you've got to back your judgment and stick with your man.

Unless you put no thought into who you picked and did it because someone else did, in that case keep doing what everyone else does?
Did my research on him, like I said in an early post, clearance machine and contested possession monster, but if he comes out and plays a good game (his usual amount of clearances and possessions) and scores poorly (75-85) I will reconsider his position in my side, he is not a super premium, sort of player I thought is on the verge of that status, but I could be wrong.
Im giving him the benefit of the doubt after rnd 1, tough road trip to Perth.

Spite

Let me tell you about the time I sideways traded Dangerfield to Chad Cornes at the end of round 2 before price rises.

I don't want to talk about it anymore.

Slammer

Yep..He was disappointing but along with Minson :( had a tough day at the office.
Will see how they go next week.