Round 1 Correctional trades?

Started by quinny88, March 23, 2014, 03:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puppetry

My team guys, wondering if I should use up 3 trades, Dthomas to Tyson, Cloke to TMitchell type player and Minson to Mcevoy.....or should I hold firm. Ideas?

Backs : Enright, Mitchell, Hanley, Suckling, Mcdonald Laidler  (Clurey, Langford)

Mids: Ablett,Watson, Libba,  Beams, Thomas, Michie, Polec, Ellis (Dunstan, Langdon)

Rucks: Minson, Sandilands (Thurlow, King)

Forwards: Dangerfield, Martin, Cloke, OParker, Higgins, Rohan  (JKH, McCarthy)

RaisyDaisy

I mean this with no malice at all, and with nothing but a chuckle and a smile on my face, but it boggles my mind that you have just asked that  :o

Puppetry

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 25, 2014, 09:25:32 PM
I mean this with no malice at all, and with nothing but a chuckle and a smile on my face, but it boggles my mind that you have just asked that  :o

You can't tell that its my first Supercoach year?  I suppose its  the fear of losing money after round 3...

Ramus

Quote from: Puppetry on March 25, 2014, 09:36:22 PM

You can't tell that its my first Supercoach year?  I suppose its  the fear of losing money after round 3...

That's a good team you have there mate.... and I would probably be tempted to flick Cloke, but I would not have picked him to start with.

So I reckon give Cloke another chance or two, he will probably clunk 10 marks and kick 5.5....then in a couple of weeks you can cash him in for a profit!!

Spite

Don't worry about it, losing money means absolutely nothing if you plan on keeping a player the whole year, you only actually lose the money if you trade them out!

Daisy to Tyson is a fair enough trade, especially if it helps your bye situation or gives you $$$ for a particular trade. If there is no real benefit like that, sit tight and see if Daisy comes good. Worst case scenario you trade him out at the bye weeks or around that.

The other trades dont even bother. Cloke will do better with a second target up forward, and even better when Reid is back in 2-3 weeks. He will definitely be a top 10 forward this year so it doesn't matter if he decreases in price, you've picked him for the long haul.

Minson had a bad game because he played the team with the best ruck combo in the league. He isn't playing them next week so expect a better score!

Good luck with your first year! :)

Puppetry

Quote from: Ramus on March 25, 2014, 09:50:48 PM

That's a good team you have there mate.... and I would probably be tempted to flick Cloke, but I would not have picked him to start with.

So I reckon give Cloke another chance or two, he will probably clunk 10 marks and kick 5.5....then in a couple of weeks you can cash him in for a profit!!

Yeah, I was tossing up between cloke and westhoff. My friend agreed with me that cloke should be the beneficiary of the new rules but we all know that he's up and down like a honeymooners sausage.

Ramus

Quote from: Puppetry on March 25, 2014, 09:57:56 PM
Quote from: Ramus on March 25, 2014, 09:50:48 PM

Yeah, I was tossing up between cloke and westhoff. My friend agreed with me that cloke should be the beneficiary of the new rules but we all know that he's up and down like a honeymooners sausage.

Oooohhh...Westy...the enigma, anyone with the aggots to pick him deserves reward!

geoffmack

I had Cloke all year last year coz i thought he was a top 3 fwd in the league and would smash out 100 every week. That strategy didnt work and it derailed my season.

I would eliminate the Cloke of invisibility from your team as Collingwood will struggle this year (I say this which much sadness  :() to kick winning scores with Buckley at the helm.

Good luck

Pkbaldy

Yeah i fell for the bandwagon... Can't believe i had Shiels up and changed him like 30 minutes before the game bloody started... I just had a slight fear that he would just go back to tagging and back into the 60s-70s. Would of put me well into the 2200s which is where i wanted to be. Who do you think would be a good correctional trade for him? Switch to Shiels or Dom Tyson and 120k or whatever it is difference?

maygs

Quote from: Pkbaldy on March 26, 2014, 04:26:23 PM
Yeah i fell for the bandwagon... Can't believe i had Shiels up and changed him like 30 minutes before the game bloody started... I just had a slight fear that he would just go back to tagging and back into the 60s-70s. Would of put me well into the 2200s which is where i wanted to be. Who do you think would be a good correctional trade for him? Switch to Shiels or Dom Tyson and 120k or whatever it is difference?

I did the same thing  :'(  I swapped him for Macrae (after seeing Pittard go beck to tagging.  Then buggered that up by swapping Macrae for Aish  :'(

To answer your question - I don't reckon you can go past Macrae.  He had a great NAB and a great first round so it would seem he's found some form; and he's $200 cheaper  ::)