Round 1 Correctional trades?

Started by quinny88, March 23, 2014, 03:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoButYeah

My main concern is Burger but I'll give him another week. Will probably being in Laidler or Tyson next week.

jeesh

Quote from: Slammer on March 25, 2014, 08:49:46 AM
Thinking of offloading Minson. Will of course wait a week but thinking I made a mistake paying overs for him.
Have to trade J.Martin aswell so I am thinking my correctional trades will be:

Minson to Mumford and then J.Martin to Fyfe

I am thinking the difference between MInson and Mumford over the season will be minimal and I get
Fyfe for injured rookie J.Martin.

That is why I saved some cash at the start. Should I do it?

Yeah definitely hold Minson. If Goldy doesn't get up he could go huge against Currie.
Martin has to go but probably worth waiting another week before deciding on anyone. Fyfe getting subbed first game of the season could be a worry. Them shoulders......

Danzac

The only trade that would take my fancy this week would be if McDonough is dropped and Z.Merrett is not the sub.
Bomber has said repeatedly he loves Merrett
Otherwise quite happy

cortez

This is the stupidest thread. I cant believe it has gotten up to four pages! Only trade for a lti after round 1. That is it! Even then you can wait till round two and see who is playing well!

Ringo

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 24, 2014, 08:17:17 PM
@Jumbo - Keep JJK. wouldn't be surprised if he bounces back and kicks a bag vs Dees this week

Zorko been on my watchlist from day 1, I was tossing up between him or Titch, went with Titch but Zorko on the watchlist for sure
Zorko has never left my team and if you had followed my posts on him you would know why. Regarding Rocky it was a run with role that suited the structure Will not always be the case you may find other players given run worth roles based on match ups. Do not see this as a permanent role.  Remember he still scored 95 which is more than some other prem mids as well. His scoring was up when both were in the mids but when Mitchell dragged him back in defence where he was not comfortable his scoring dropped off.

Ricochet

Have seen this posted quite a few times by different people but don't get it. Mitchell dragged Rocky back? More like Rocky dragged Mitchell back. If Rocky was given a run with role in at half forward he would take that dangerous player to the square at every opportunity to limit his influence across the HB and through the middle. If Mitchell had Rocky following him around the last thing he would want to do is take that player to a more dangerous position where Mitchell is most vulnerable.

I agree he has still scored well though and people are getting too jumpy over trading him out. You can't expect 130+ every week.

quinny88

Ok guys, another scenario..

Is it ok to trade out a rookie if they dont get named this week?

Im mainly looking at Clurey. If he is dropped should I bring in Laidler this week or still wait a week?

Ricochet

If he was D8 I would wait mate. He isn't needed on the field or as an emergency so you can fix him up next week with the best available rookie

quinny88

Quote from: Ricochet on March 25, 2014, 02:16:01 PM
If he was D8 I would wait mate. He isn't needed on the field or as an emergency so you can fix him up next week with the best available rookie

The worry though Ric is he may only be one of a few that I need to get rid of so may need the 3 or 4 trades before price changes. Some potential ones that are in the barrel are..
1. Clurey > Laidler
2. Templeton > Rookie
3. Thurlow > Playing ruckman
4. Mcdonough > Impey
5. Goldy > Uninjured ruckman

None of these are urgent right now but they may become that way pretty quickly if a couple of these arent named this weekend. If I hold off on them and more than 2 of them arent named again the following week im in a bad situation then

Ricochet

Quote from: quinny88 on March 25, 2014, 02:27:36 PM

The worry though Ric is he may only be one of a few that I need to get rid of so may need the 3 or 4 trades before price changes. Some potential ones that are in the barrel are..
1. Clurey > Laidler
2. Templeton > Rookie
4. Mcdonough > Impey

None of these are urgent right now but they may become that way pretty quickly if a couple of these arent named this weekend. If I hold off on them and more than 2 of them arent named again the following week im in a bad situation then
Yeh Thurlow can wait until you get a rookie ruckman on the bubble. So won't need this trade next week.
I reckon McDonough will be ok, just a tough game in greasy conditions. And scored similar to Impey anyway. You'll know more about his JS though
Reason for getting rid of Templeton? At that price he'll still make you ok money
Goldy would be the big one but you can trade him this week if he doesn't play.
Clurey to Laidler looks good this week but obviously need to wait and see how they go this wkend and if Laidler has done enough to cement a spot for R3 and onwards.

So really Goldy may be the only required trade if he re-hurts his shoulder this wkend. Others are luxury fixup trades

Danzac

I think if you've gotta make a correction you should make it.
Nothing worse then leaving a trade, then having to choose between three things the next week.
Last year Dimmawits made two trades for round 2.

Pkbaldy

What should I do with Savage? I changed Shiels into him last minute because I thought I had 'too many hawks players'...
Give him another week or just straight into Sheils?

quinny88

Quote from: Ricochet on March 25, 2014, 02:34:08 PM

1. Clurey > Laidler
2. Templeton > Rookie
4. Mcdonough > Impey

Yeh Thurlow can wait until you get a rookie ruckman on the bubble. So won't need this trade next week.
I reckon McDonough will be ok, just a tough game in greasy conditions. And scored similar to Impey anyway. You'll know more about his JS though
Reason for getting rid of Templeton? At that price he'll still make you ok money
Clurey to Laidler looks good this week but obviously need to wait and see how they go this wkend and if Laidler has done enough to cement a spot for R3 and onwards.

So really Goldy may be the only required trade if he re-hurts his shoulder this wkend. Others are luxury fixup trades

Agree with you on Thurlow he can sit there for now.
McDonough im not sure will last the week. Jackson, King, Aaron Edwards, Grimes, Knights, Arnot are just a few either coming back from injury or knocking on the door. Atleast Richmond play first this week though so I will know for sure if he is both playing and the sub or not.
Templeton I just got because there was no one else. Does he last now that Lenny, Montagna etc come back? Will keep him if he does.
Like I said, none of these are urgent at the moment but they could quickly become that way if a few of these guys dont get named

Doggoneit

Quote from: quinny88 on March 25, 2014, 02:56:53 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on March 25, 2014, 02:34:08 PM

1. Clurey > Laidler
2. Templeton > Rookie
4. Mcdonough > Impey

Agree with you on Thurlow he can sit there for now.
McDonough im not sure will last the week. Jackson, King, Aaron Edwards, Grimes, Knights, Arnot are just a few either coming back from injury or knocking on the door. Atleast Richmond play first this week though so I will know for sure if he is both playing and the sub or not.
Templeton I just got because there was no one else. Does he last now that Lenny, Montagna etc come back? Will keep him if he does.
Like I said, none of these are urgent at the moment but they could quickly become that way if a few of these guys dont get named

You will know by Thursday night before the game if any of these are dropped - make a decision then.

I am considering one trade this week - McDonough if he is dropped or vested, as I may still need two trades the following week. I will make that decision Thursday evening.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Pkbaldy on March 25, 2014, 02:43:34 PM
What should I do with Savage? I changed Shiels into him last minute because I thought I had 'too many hawks players'...
Give him another week or just straight into Sheils?

Never understood people even talking about Savage, like going to one of the worst teams in the comp who still has good mids was going to make him a great scorer all of a sudden?

Anyway, you gotta keep him this week I think, if he spuds up vs GWS then get rid of him, although I myself would be tempted to dump him this week