Round 1 Correctional trades?

Started by quinny88, March 23, 2014, 03:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbo

Ned some help lads... i think I made a silly mistake when I was looking to replace Crouch in the midfield... I was hell bent on getting Aish in my team but needed to downgrade Roughy to J Kennedy up fwd to afford him. I couldn't quickly decide on a cheaper alternative.

So am thinking of a correctional trade this week to allow 2 correctional trades on rookies after week 2 if required/warranted..

Team is

DEF: McVeigh, Mitchell, Hanley, Hurn, Suckling, Langdon, (McDonald, Clurey)

MID: Ablett (c) Pendles, Beams, Murphy, Polec, Tyson, Dunstan, Aish (Ellis, Michie) {Happy enough here to wait.} but may look at DPP link with defense by ousting one mid rook and  putting mcdonald in bench here and getting laidler/langford in Def

RUC: Sandy, McEvoy (Thurlow,King)

FWD: Danger, Buddy, Pav, J Kennedy, Higgins, Rohan, (Impey, JKH) {Thinking Jk to Caddy and have cash to spare...?? or Zorko, Breust or similar priced}

Ricochet

Keep JJK mate. You picked him because he is a premo and has a soft opening draw. He will kill it this week and the poor score from the wkend will only last one price change

AaronKirk

Quote from: Ricochet on March 24, 2014, 05:05:55 PM
Keep JJK mate. You picked him because he is a premo and has a soft opening draw. He will kill it this week and the poor score from the wkend will only last one price change
^ This

Bully

I reckon Zorko looked the goods on the weekend, could be back to his 2012 heroics. He's definitely on my watchlist.

Nige

Quote from: fever on March 24, 2014, 03:29:45 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on March 23, 2014, 03:27:43 PM
Only rookies after round 2 or injuries that are 3+ weeks

/thread

not sure why there were any responses after this
Yeah, this.

Unless there's an extreme circumstance, there really isn't any need to use a trade this round.

RaisyDaisy

@Jumbo - Keep JJK. wouldn't be surprised if he bounces back and kicks a bag vs Dees this week

Zorko been on my watchlist from day 1, I was tossing up between him or Titch, went with Titch but Zorko on the watchlist for sure

Daniel123

Is it worth luey to Hampson or hickey then hold cash or upgrade elsewhere think that lieu will struggle with west and nic not in rd 10 looks juicy

Judd Magic

Quote from: Daniel123 on March 24, 2014, 08:22:10 PM
Is it worth luey to Hampson or hickey then hold cash or upgrade elsewhere think that lieu will struggle with west and nic not in rd 10 looks juicy

I'm considering doing the same trade and then using the cash to go Webster to Simpson.

Not sure who to get in though, Hampson or Hickey?  :-\

Who will score better between the 2 every week?

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Daniel123 on March 24, 2014, 08:22:10 PM

No

If your going to trade Luey you have to sideways him to a top ruck. Don't waste a trade downgrading him, then another trade upgrading the guy you downgraded to later in the year

Keep

Jimmykidd

Guys is it worth doing Rohan to Impey?

I'll probably trade Clurey to Langdon or Webster to Langdon if hes injured.

Ricochet

Quote from: Jimmykidd on March 24, 2014, 08:51:24 PM

Rohan will come good man

AaronKirk

Quote from: Jimmykidd on March 24, 2014, 08:51:24 PM

Give it another week. If need be make the trades before round 3.

AndyWhis

So I don't know what I was thinking at the time (may have been drunk) but instead of getting Libba I grabbed Goodes... complete accident, I meant to grab Libba.

Anyway, I decided this needed a correctional trade as I never planned on Goodes being in my team so I've traded to Swallow based on his performance on the weekend and banked $66k. Reasonable performance from my team so no other issues to complain about and my rookie choice was A++.

Slammer

Thinking of offloading Minson. Will of course wait a week but thinking I made a mistake paying overs for him.
Have to trade J.Martin aswell so I am thinking my correctional trades will be:

Minson to Mumford and then J.Martin to Fyfe

I am thinking the difference between MInson and Mumford over the season will be minimal and I get
Fyfe for injured rookie J.Martin.

That is why I saved some cash at the start. Should I do it?

Ricochet

keep Minson mate. He was up against the best ruck combo in the comp on the wkend