Round 1 Correctional trades?

Started by quinny88, March 23, 2014, 03:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Quote from: quinny88 on March 23, 2014, 06:39:07 PM
Quote from: eaglesman on March 23, 2014, 04:07:01 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on March 23, 2014, 03:41:36 PM
My situation is far from urgent but I feel like if I trade a couple of rookies after this week then I have 2 fresh trades for next week that I can fix any other problems with before price changes.

Never been one to trade premiums that aren't injured but this year im being more agressive. Held guys like Mcevoy and Zorko all last year and was burned week in week out.

Can already tell you Goldy, Buddy and Rocky are all on notice.
Goldy I picked because I believed he would ruck alone but I think Currie is almost a certainty to play next week now.
Buddy ill give atleast a month.
Rocky is the most misused player in the game  >:( next they will have him playing in the back pocket  ::)

rocky is not elite simple as that ... i honestly believe he is one of the most overrated players on fanfooty .. he is a good player and he would be a lock if a forward but the truth is he is not up with the best midfielders in the game end of story, but you made the selection so i think u have to stick with him now .... goldy with an injury is definitely your biggest concern of the 3 i think

personally the biggest concerns in my side are rohan at f6 and not having laidler if he backs up his game with a 80

That is just blatantly wrong lol... Rocky averaged 128 in the last 9 rounds of last season. When he plays midfield he puts up as good a numbers as any other mid in the comp. He was used to tag Mitchell on the weekend which is just bizzare

new coach, new gameplan. I asked a few times whether Leppa had committed to a Rocky role and nobody could answer. It was the main reason I baulked, just too much uncertainty.

I agree he's a premo when in the midfield but his versatility is a curse in SC. I actually though he was one of Brissie's best on the weekend so expect more of the same.

RaisyDaisy

That is just blatantly wrong lol... Rocky averaged 128 in the last 9 rounds of last season. When he plays midfield he puts up as good a numbers as any other mid in the comp. He was used to tag Mitchell on the weekend which is just bizzare

Don't want to derail this thread but I'm with eaglesman. Rocky is a gun, and if he was a forward he would be in every team, but he is not elite. You cant call someone elite just because they averaged 128 across 9 rounds. Prior to that his average was crap, and only had one previous year of averaging above 110. Now I know what your saying, he didn't play in the mids, but what people still cant seem to accept around here is that there is every chance that he wont play in the mids every week, hence not getting to that SC elite level

Don't get me wrong, I think he should push a 110+ average because he does have games where he cranks out massive 140+ scores, but I expect him to have several sub 100 scores this year because there will be games when he is not in the mids all the time

Rocky is in the same group as Priddis, Deledio, Libba etc etc, excellent players but not elite just yet, but a lot of us have picked these types of guys because we see the potential for them to go to the next level, but there is a chance they wont

Ringo

I did allude to the fact in the match day thread that in the absence of Raines Leppa would probably have run with roles but not sure of who.  What people are forgetting that Mitchell instigated taking Rocky back to take him out of the game which he did successfully.  Would not surprise to see Leppa rotate his run with players if Raines continues to languish in reserves.

quinny88

Well  I would have thought that the back half of last season was enough for a new coach to realise where he plays his best footy and the role he should be used in.. In my eyes it wasnt a risk at all. No one in the world thought he would be turned into a tagger  ::) Its only one game but if he tags again next week then he's gone

hawkers65

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 23, 2014, 06:50:33 PM

Don't want to derail this thread but I'm with eaglesman. Rocky is a gun, and if he was a forward he would be in every team, but he is not elite. You cant call someone elite just because they averaged 128 across 9 rounds. Prior to that his average was crap, and only had one previous year of averaging above 110. Now I know what your saying, he didn't play in the mids, but what people still cant seem to accept around here is that there is every chance that he wont play in the mids every week, hence not getting to that SC elite level

Don't get me wrong, I think he should push a 110+ average because he does have games where he cranks out massive 140+ scores, but I expect him to have several sub 100 scores this year because there will be games when he is not in the mids all the time

Rocky is in the same group as Priddis, Deledio, Libba etc etc, excellent players but not elite just yet, but a lot of us have picked these types of guys because we see the potential for them to go to the next level, but there is a chance they wont

He is an elite mid, just Voss and now Leppitch has played him out of his elite role. When played in Mids only Swan and Ablett rack up more, thats elite.

Southstorm

Just to offer a differing point, if you don't make a corrective in Rd 1 because you want to hold out until Rd 2, but then suffer an injury that week to a premo and have to burn a trade to accommodate, you lose your chance. I'm more than happy to make a corrective in the first week because I think 9/10 times you end up making the right decision. Case in point, Patrick Karnezis.

Obviously there's limits to this; you can't just kneejerk because of a bad score.

Bully

Quote from: Southstorm on March 23, 2014, 07:20:51 PM
Just to offer a differing point, if you don't make a corrective in Rd 1 because you want to hold out until Rd 2, but then suffer an injury that week to a premo and have to burn a trade to accommodate, you lose your chance. I'm more than happy to make a corrective in the first week because I think 9/10 times you end up making the right decision. Case in point, Patrick Karnezis.

Obviously there's limits to this; you can't just kneejerk because of a bad score.

Karnezis wasn't getting games, big difference. I understand the anxiety but it's only 1 week and Rocky only narrowly missed the ton. Hold your premos, have a bit of faith.

HotTiges

Quote from: Bully on March 23, 2014, 07:35:23 PM

Karnezis wasn't getting games, big difference. I understand the anxiety but it's only 1 week and Rocky only narrowly missed the ton. Hold your premos, have a bit of faith.
Just hope Raines comes in soon for tagging..Rocky played his role nicely but it's not SC friendly and if it continues .. Poor avg and significant cash loss..

HotTiges

Furthermore Jon Ralph reckons Rock could get sighted for the bump against Mitchell at the start.. 2 weeks 1 with a guilty plea.. flower sake

Southstorm

Quote from: Bully on March 23, 2014, 07:35:23 PM

This wasn't really in response to dropping Rocky or anything, just happened to be posted straight after. Like I said, you can't kneejerk because of a bad score. There seemed to be a contingent in this thread that was against corrective trading whatsoever in Rd. 1, and I think putting a blanket "no" on the process is equally as risky.

Really, you have to give everything thorough thought and not let your trades be dictated by what round it is.

tigertops

im quite happy to make corrective trades round 1 and have in years past.
as southstorm says you never knwo what situ u will be in after round 2, premo injury, rookie injury etc.

if you see a clear correction trade now, i say fix it this week. 
we have 30 trades which is a fair few, if u manage properly during the year. rd 1 and 2 is the only time you can corrective trade without the price movement factor coming into it.

roti

None for me this week unless Webster doesn't get up

fever

Quote from: Ricochet on March 23, 2014, 03:27:43 PM
Only rookies after round 2 or injuries that are 3+ weeks

/thread

not sure why there were any responses after this

j959

Quote from: fever on March 24, 2014, 03:29:45 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on March 23, 2014, 03:27:43 PM
Only rookies after round 2 or injuries that are 3+ weeks

/thread

not sure why there were any responses after this
i can see some people, for example without Langdon looking to bring him in quickly, but agree i would wait at least one more game to confirm ...

Ricochet

Watch Langdon have a poor game this week and someone like LMac kill it. Wait until round 2 for rookies boys