Round 1 Correctional trades?

Started by quinny88, March 23, 2014, 03:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Personally I Refuse to trade a premium out after one game but is 1 game enough time to make a call on a rookie?

I generally have a rule not to trade after rd 1 but im looking at over all finish rather than league wins so is it important to trade aggresively after 1 game?

Ricochet

Only rookies after round 2 or injuries that are 3+ weeks

GCSkiwi

No trades after round 1, with the very slight exception of getting into a position where a field player has a vest. Even then unless you're serious about overall, just cop it because it doesn't matter for league.

Rookie corrections after round 2.

tor01doc

Only if your team is so bad that you need more than a week's worth of trades to get it right.

But NO.

quinny88

My situation is far from urgent but I feel like if I trade a couple of rookies after this week then I have 2 fresh trades for next week that I can fix any other problems with before price changes.

Never been one to trade premiums that aren't injured but this year im being more agressive. Held guys like Mcevoy and Zorko all last year and was burned week in week out.

Can already tell you Goldy, Buddy and Rocky are all on notice.
Goldy I picked because I believed he would ruck alone but I think Currie is almost a certainty to play next week now.
Buddy ill give atleast a month.
Rocky is the most misused player in the game  >:( next they will have him playing in the back pocket  ::)

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Ricochet on March 23, 2014, 03:27:43 PM
Only rookies after round 2 or injuries that are 3+ weeks

This

The only person who should be trading this week is Anubis lol  :P (See his RMT Help post)

Nah nobody should be trading this week

eaglesman

Quote from: quinny88 on March 23, 2014, 03:41:36 PM
My situation is far from urgent but I feel like if I trade a couple of rookies after this week then I have 2 fresh trades for next week that I can fix any other problems with before price changes.

Never been one to trade premiums that aren't injured but this year im being more agressive. Held guys like Mcevoy and Zorko all last year and was burned week in week out.

Goldy I picked because I believed he would ruck alone but I think Currie is almost a certainty to play next week now.
Rocky is the most misused player in the game  >:( next they will have him playing in the back pocket  ::)

rocky is not elite simple as that ... i honestly believe he is one of the most overrated players on fanfooty .. he is a good player and he would be a lock if a forward but the truth is he is not up with the best midfielders in the game end of story, but you made the selection so i think u have to stick with him now .... goldy with an injury is definitely your biggest concern of the 3 i think

personally the biggest concerns in my side are rohan at f6 and not having laidler if he backs up his game with a 80

jfitty

I agree with you on this. I think there is nothing wrong with switching a few rookies (possibly even mid-pricers) this week, which gives you 2 fresh trades after round two to take another look at your premiums.

As mentioned in the other corrective trades thread, I may switch Thomas for Caddy, then put Caddy forward. The mid rookies are dominating, and this move would get Rohan onto my bench.

Then next week, I can keep an eye on guys like Franklin, Pavlich, and potentially Hanley, and make a few adjustments if necessary.

colmullet

id only trade this week if i had Jack Martin, otherwise wait till after round 2

Fid

I am doing the one.....

Rohan out for Zorko

Blues Blues Blues

Quote from: Fid on March 23, 2014, 04:22:13 PM
I am doing the one.....

Rohan out for Zorko

If you've got the cash to do that, nice. But if only going for league why not wait until after rd 2? Zorko might get injured, Rohan might pull out an 80 etc

AaronKirk

Fid

Quote from: Blues Blues Blues on March 23, 2014, 04:31:12 PM
Quote from: Fid on March 23, 2014, 04:22:13 PM
I am doing the one.....

Rohan out for Zorko

If you've got the cash to do rest, nice. But if only going for league why not wait until after rd 2? Zorko might get injured, Rohan might pull out an 80 etc

I think most look at going for overall at the start, or at least I am.

I've gained some extra cash before the saints game when I changed Webster to Georgiou

ATM I have Caddy F5, Rohan F6, McDonough F7, Kennedy-Harris F8.

I do see your point though

Sabretooth Tigers

:)
None at this stage, unless Webster were to be an LTI, then perhaps him for Swallow / Watts / Grimes.
Be very, very weary of Rohan to Zorks  BluesBB. What if Leppa were to swap Rocky and Zorko around to get Rocky back up and firing ??  No inside info just thinking.    Cheers.     ::) 

quinny88

Quote from: eaglesman on March 23, 2014, 04:07:01 PM

rocky is not elite simple as that ... i honestly believe he is one of the most overrated players on fanfooty .. he is a good player and he would be a lock if a forward but the truth is he is not up with the best midfielders in the game end of story, but you made the selection so i think u have to stick with him now .... goldy with an injury is definitely your biggest concern of the 3 i think

personally the biggest concerns in my side are rohan at f6 and not having laidler if he backs up his game with a 80

That is just blatantly wrong lol... Rocky averaged 128 in the last 9 rounds of last season. When he plays midfield he puts up as good a numbers as any other mid in the comp. He was used to tag Mitchell on the weekend which is just bizzare