Would you...?

Started by js19, March 23, 2014, 03:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

js19

Downgrade Goldy to McEvoy/Mummy in order to get Swallow down back? Would mean trading out McDonald or Aish, but I reckon it will be good both long and short term...

Usually not this trigger happy, and especially not with premos, but seems like a good move to get two keepers instead of one from the get go

In this case, I think both are reasonable correctional trades, I would do it, provided you nailed the remainder of your rookies  :o

tor01doc

Holdy Goldy - I heard he is fine.

LMcD will be OK for cash so hold.

Swallow can wait a week.

Aish looked good too.

Slow down Georgia Brown.

Doggoneit

wait.... wait ..... wait

Mummy scored well in a rare win for GWS and was also rucking against someone he knows inside out in Pyke -  not yet convinced he can replicate at GWS.  You know Goldy will.

Swallow has put one good game together - still needs to prove he can do it week in week out.

you may be robbing Peter to pay Paul

review again after week 2

Ricochet

Wait and see on Goldy mate. If he plays next week then you gotta back your premo's in

Bully

Quote from: Ricochet on March 23, 2014, 03:23:30 PM
Wait and see on Goldy mate. If he plays next week then you gotta back your premo's in

The beauty of Goldy is you have outstanding bench cover in Currie, and for what it's worth I thought his game was top notch despite losing one arm. To almost take the points against Ryder was monumental, he's only gone up in my estimation.

Blues Blues Blues

Quote from: Bully on March 23, 2014, 03:37:03 PM

The beauty of Goldy is you have outstanding bench cover in Currie, and for what it's worth I thought his game was top notch despite losing one arm. To almost take the points against Ryder was monumental, he's only gone up in my estimation.
[/quote]

Very true. To score 89 with only 1 arm against Ryder, in a game where North had their pants pulled down was a bloody good effort IMO

AaronKirk

Hold fire my friend.

No need to be trigger-happy after round one.

You will regret it later in the season.

BTW the arm that was hurt was his left arm which he uses for his hit-outs. Massive performance.

js19

Thanks guys. Thing is I have all the important rooks, so a two premo temptation is great...

It'll be a long week ::)

GoLions

I wouldn't consider Swallow a premium just yet, wait to see if he can at least back it up next week. And dropping Goldy to anyone but Minson is gonna be a big step down IMO

Bully

Be very careful with Mummy, he never plays 22 games so you better have decent cover. The Goldy/Currie combo is a set and forget scenario which is hard to beat.

js19

Either way, the reverse trade button will get a massive workout this week. If I was a cop I'd be beating it with a phone book ;D

Southstorm

I wouldn't bother trying to trade in Swallow; to me he's either a player that you start with and sideways or a player that you don't pick up at all. I can't see him having a season, even after his performance against Richmond, where he'll outscore Hibberd, Simpson, Bartel, Mitchell, McVeigh, Birchall etc.

spudaroos

Just don't. Goldy shat out a 89 after a average/10 game. He is a proven elite. Swallow had one good game, atleast wait i more week. Swallow might have a shower one next week like Hartlett did last year.

felsty

Swallow started last year with two 100+ scores as well and look what happened there......