hickey vs Hmac vs Hampson

Started by Daniel123, March 23, 2014, 09:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Quote from: Judd Magic on March 25, 2014, 12:05:51 AM
I can't wait till next week in case I want to make another correction trade.

Was going to go Burger > Hampson and McDonough > Ambrose this week

and next week

Webster > Simpson and possibly Libba > Selwood if Libba spuds it up again.  ;)

McDonough to Ambrose seems risky, not so sure he has solid job security. As for Libba to Selwood, I think you are wasting a trade so early in the piece, the byes will also cost you a premo in round 8. Libba plays Melbourne by the way, 150+ is not out of the question.

Judd Magic

Quote from: Bully on March 25, 2014, 12:15:48 AM

and next week

McDonough to Ambrose seems risky, not so sure he has solid job security. As for Libba to Selwood, I think you are wasting a trade so early in the piece, the byes will also cost you a premo in round 8. Libba plays Melbourne by the way, 150+ is not out of the question.

Yeah probably wont end up trading but I want to as Burger, Libba and Webster flowered my teams score so much. Just need to calm down a little. LOL!

I have Webster at D4 which I feels a bit weak and Burger now has West stealing his points.

So I guess D4 (Webster) and Burger R1 are my main worries.  :-\

Bully

Quote from: Judd Magic on March 25, 2014, 12:33:29 AM

and next week

Yeah probably wont end up trading but I want to as Burger, Libba and Webster flowered my teams score so much. Just need to calm down a little. LOL!

I have Webster at D4 which I feels a bit weak and Burger now has West stealing his points.

Nothing wrong with trading down to strengthen your backline but I would leave it one week to ensure you get the best man for the job, if you are intent on doing it this week then Hampson is my pick.

Judd Magic

Quote from: Bully on March 25, 2014, 12:50:05 AM
Quote from: Judd Magic on March 25, 2014, 12:33:29 AM

and next week

Nothing wrong with trading down to strengthen your backline but I would leave it one week to ensure you get the best man for the job, if you are intent on doing it this week then Hampson is my pick.

Cheers mate, appreciate the feedback!  ;)

Yeah I think I will wait till next week so I can take one more look at Burger, Webster, Hampson and Hickey.

What do you think of Kade Simpson for D4 in my team?

I think he will be a consistent pick, much like Enright.  ;)

Bully

I have both Simpson & Enright, you can't go wrong with either.

Judd Magic

Quote from: Bully on March 25, 2014, 01:07:58 AM

My backs are McVeigh, Mitchell, Enright, Webster, Langdon, Langford (McDonald, Georgiou)

I'd love to get Simpson in to be honest at D4. Backline would look so much better wouldn't it?

I was choosing out of Enright and Simpson at the start and wanted both but picked Enright in the end just.

Bully

Quote from: Judd Magic on March 25, 2014, 01:11:11 AM

My backs are McVeigh, Mitchell, Enright, Webster, Langdon, Langford (McDonald, Georgiou)

I'd love to get Simpson in to be honest at D4. Backline would look so much better wouldn't it?

I was choosing out of Enright and Simpson at the start and wanted both but picked Enright in the end just.

Sure thing, Simpson would definitely make your backline much stronger, sound move IMO.

Judd Magic

Quote from: Bully on March 25, 2014, 01:21:03 AM

Sure thing, Simpson would definitely make your backline much stronger, sound move IMO.

Cheers mate.

Looks like I have my trades locked in next week then.

Burger > Hampson/Hickey and Webster > Simpson

Pending on if Burger and Webster aren't that impressive again next week of course.  ;)

Ricochet

and next week

Woah man hold up, that's 4 trades in the opening rounds and none of them are beneficial.

1st of all you picked Burger as a premo. He is a premo. In the first 5 games last year he shared ruck duties with Martin and Longer and still averaged 95 a game. Everyone is saying his poor score was due to West playing, but maybe it was because they got belted and he was up against a good ruckman in McEvoy. West played mainly forward anyway

2nd trading in Ambrose for McDonough is a little pointless man. Both scored average but thats because they are rookies. I can understand a rookie fixup trade but not until round 2 when you get a better idea of their JS and scoring potential. What happens if Ambrose gets dropped after round 2 or McDonough comes out and smashes it next week.

3rd is the Libba trade which is exactly the same as the Burger trade. Back your judgement and research when picking your premos. Libba is a gun, he'll come good. They just got completely destroyed on the day.

4th is the Webster trade. Webster was doing very well. A lot are saying how bad he was but he was only close enough to 50 at half time. If he's out for less than 2 weeks you have to keep him. He will be ok

Ricochet

Quote from: Judd Magic on March 25, 2014, 01:43:27 AM

Cheers mate.

Pending on if Burger and Webster aren't that impressive again next week of course.  ;)
OK just saw this. Good idea waiting til next week  :)
I'd seriously reconsider these trades though and holding both Burger and Webster

Judd Magic

Quote from: Ricochet on March 25, 2014, 01:57:33 AM

Cheers mate.

I'd seriously reconsider these trades though and holding both Burger and Webster

You don't think Webster at D4 is too weak though?

That's what I'm partially worried about.  :-\

Ricochet

Quote from: Judd Magic on March 25, 2014, 02:03:44 AM

Cheers mate.

You obviously had you initial reasons for structuring that way. It was always going to be risky but with Langford, Langdon and Laidler or scoring well so far I think you can keep pushing for a little bit

Judd Magic

Quote from: Ricochet on March 25, 2014, 01:56:15 AM

and next week

Woah man hold up, that's 4 trades in the opening rounds and none of them are beneficial.

1st of all you picked Burger as a premo. He is a premo. In the first 5 games last year he shared ruck duties with Martin and Longer and still averaged 95 a game. Everyone is saying his poor score was due to West playing, but maybe it was because they got belted and he was up against a good ruckman in McEvoy. West played mainly forward anyway

2nd trading in Ambrose for McDonough is a little pointless man. Both scored average but thats because they are rookies. I can understand a rookie fixup trade but not until round 2 when you get a better idea of their JS and scoring potential. What happens if Ambrose gets dropped after round 2 or McDonough comes out and smashes it next week.

3rd is the Libba trade which is exactly the same as the Burger trade. Back your judgement and research when picking your premos. Libba is a gun, he'll come good. They just got completely destroyed on the day.

4th is the Webster trade. Webster was doing very well. A lot are saying how bad he was but he was only close enough to 50 at half time. If he's out for less than 2 weeks you have to keep him. He will be ok

All good points mate.

I guess if McDonough gets dropped this week like I've been hearing he might then I could trade in Impey for him who I don't have.

Then just wait till next week and assess again.  8)

Judd Magic

Quote from: Ricochet on March 25, 2014, 02:05:38 AM
Quote from: Judd Magic on March 25, 2014, 02:03:44 AM

Cheers mate.

You obviously had you initial reasons for structuring that way. It was always going to be risky but with Langford, Langdon and Laidler or scoring well so far I think you can keep pushing for a little bit

Got to admit I got sucked in by Websters NAB Challenge scores. LOL!

Bully

Another ton for Hampson, I think he's got the early lead on the other two. Warnock isn't such an easy beat either, I think I'll revise Hampson's projected average to 90+.