hickey vs Hmac vs Hampson

Started by Daniel123, March 23, 2014, 09:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel123

Wondering which of these you would take. Only interested for future downgrades

GCSkiwi

If it's future downgrades, then make that decision in the future... You're asking people to predict now for later, Hickey looks good but Longer/a decent ruckman in opposition culd change than, Hampson looked good but Maric due back, HMac looked ok but plenty of competition/chance of being rested. Plus who knows where their prices will be in the future, if they all average 105 they wont be much of a downgrade anymore...

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: GCSkiwi on March 23, 2014, 09:53:19 AM
If it's future downgrades, then make that decision in the future... You're asking people to predict now for later, Hickey looks good but Longer/a decent ruckman in opposition culd change than, Hampson looked good but Maric due back, HMac looked ok but plenty of competition/chance of being rested. Plus who knows where their prices will be in the future, if they all average 105 they wont be much of a downgrade anymore...

This

Don't bother with a future downgrade also - you started with a premo ruck so back him in all year, don't make decisions on a premo based on 2-3 games. One trade to downgrade your premo than another trade to upgrade the cheap ruck later is an absolute waste

H1bb3i2d

Never. Ever. Ever. Trade a mid-priced player in. Have a few to start, but it is NOT worth a trade to bring one in! Unless they will be a KEEPER. Otherwise, its 2 trades used wasted on trading them in then upgrading them. For what, $150k maybe? Let the rookies do all the money-making now.

hawkers65

With NicNat's low score and Hickey's 98, Hickey to NicNat in Round 10 is looking better and better! As long as Sinclair is out by then as they look to be playing all three talls because of NicNat's fitness.

Judd Magic

I'm thinking of ditching Leuenburger due to the Trent West factor for either Hampson or Hickey with the idea of upgrading them later on to NicNat once he regains full fitness.

With the money I make on the downgrade I want to upgrade Webster (D4) to Simpson.

Who does everybody think is the better pick between Hampson and Hickey?

I'm leaning towards Hampson due to being a better tap ruckman who will get more points than Hickey for hitouts to advantage.

Hickey has the advantage of the round 10 bye so will moo more.

Thoughts?  :-\

Bully

Hampson is the better ruckman so I would recommend him over Hickey. The ruck rules have also changed allowing the more athletic types to fully capitalise on their leap, again Hampson appears to be relishing the lack of physical contact prior to the ball-ups. Hickey is also a decent pick but the jury is still out when it comes to elite ruckman. So far he's beaten second stringers but is yet to be tested against the best. My advice is to hold for a week and then make a call, if Hickey follows up with a strong performance then he''l be hard to overlook given his price and bye structure. I currently have Hampson but will look at him as my first trade, preferably to Nicnat when he reaches peak fitness. The byes don't particularly concern me at this stage.

Judd Magic

Quote from: Bully on March 24, 2014, 03:26:35 PM
Hampson is the better ruckman so I would recommend him over Hickey. The ruck rules have also changed allowing the more athletic types to fully capitalise on their leap, again Hampson appears to be relishing the lack of physical contact prior to the ball-ups. Hickey is also a decent pick but the jury is still out when it comes to elite ruckman. So far he's beaten second stringers but is yet to be tested against the best. My advice is to hold for a week and then make a call, if Hickey follows up with a strong performance then he''l be hard to overlook given his price and bye structure. I currently have Hampson but will look at him as my first trade, preferably to Nicnat when he reaches peak fitness. The byes don't particularly concern me at this stage.

Yeah I'm thinking Hampson too purely on the basis of what you just said Bully.

I have Mitchell, McVeigh and Enright as my first 3 defenders but at D4 is Webster which looks a bit weak. Langdon and Langford will be my D5 and D6 with McDonald and Georgiou on the bench.

I'd rather sure up my backline by getting Simpson in now before his price rise. I reckon he's in for a great year and should be very consistent for a 95-100 average.

I'd feel alot better having Simpson at D4 than Webster.

Burger I am regretting picking now even though I knew West would do some of the ruck work. Can't see him going much more than boardline 100 most weeks due to West and if Burger gets under 100 again this week he will drop a shower load in cash.

I think I need to make the move now and go Burger to Hampson and Webster to Simpson before the price changes.

RaisyDaisy

Hickey might not be proven against the good rucks yet, but the same can be said about Hampson

Hampson might be a better tap ruckmen, but Hickey has the superior JS. It's a genuine coin toss, but I went with Hickey because he is clearly their number 1 ruck, and his rd10 bye suited me better than Hampsons rd8, giving Hickey two extra weeks to make cash

Bully

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 24, 2014, 08:20:19 PM

Hickey might not be proven against the good rucks yet, but the same can be said about Hampson

Hampson might be a better tap ruckmen, but Hickey has the superior JS. It's a genuine coin toss, but I went with Hickey because he is clearly their number 1 ruck, and his rd10 bye suited me better than Hampsons rd8, giving Hickey two extra weeks to make cash

In the preseason, Hampson made mince meat out of Grundy and then followed that up with a dominant display against Essendon. Don't be fooled by SCPaige and others downplaying his form, he was carefully managed during these matches so his SC scores were down due to limited TOG. I've mentioned numerous times his taps to advantage are in the elite category, over the past 2 years his percentage is second only to Sandi, and for the record he recorded 41% taps to advantage against fellow high leaper Ryder.

I'm not suggesting Hickey is a bad selection, he's clearly a good option in the bargain basement bin. But I'm yet to see him dominate against anyone of quality. Jordan Roughead and Jake Spencer are lightweights in the scheme of things, he may well take the next step but the jury is still out.

RaisyDaisy

Don't get me wrong, Hampson is a great pick. I was just replying because you implied Hampson was proven and Hickey wasn't. Either way, its a pointless discussion because they both represent value, and it's just a matter of which one of them suits your team more

FYI I don't read SCPaige or any other site - FF is enough for me, cant see myself getting any value out of any other site, and if something major is mentioned elsewhere it's only a matter of time before it bobs up here

Bully

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 24, 2014, 09:17:04 PM
Don't get me wrong, Hampson is a great pick. I was just replying because you implied Hampson was proven and Hickey wasn't. Either way, its a pointless discussion because they both represent value, and it's just a matter of which one of them suits your team more

FYI I don't read SCPaige or any other site - FF is enough for me, cant see myself getting any value out of any other site, and if something major is mentioned elsewhere it's only a matter of time before it bobs up here

Fair enough, I mentioned SCPaige because someone recently posted her assessment of the mid priced options, she basically wrote Hampson off because he scored 42 in one match but made no mention of the fact he was subbed at half time.

I also think Hickey will do well enough to justify his selection, he should average 80 or thereabouts, certainly enough to upgrade to a premo. In any case, if either start to spud it up a sideways trade is always possible.

kilbluff1985

would be giving them another week before i decided

Bully

Judd Magic

I can't wait till next week in case I want to make another correction trade.

Was going to go Burger > Hampson and McDonough > Ambrose this week

and next week

Webster > Simpson and possibly Libba > Selwood if Libba spuds it up again.  ;)