hickey vs Hmac vs Hampson

Started by Daniel123, March 23, 2014, 09:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfitty

Quote from: Bully on March 28, 2014, 04:25:40 PM
Another ton for Hampson, I think he's got the early lead on the other two. Warnock isn't such an easy beat either, I think I'll revise Hampson's projected average to 90+.

So pleased I threw Hampson in! With Minson and Goldstein heading for an early price drop he could be upgraded nice and quick to one of those two.

Hampson is an absolute dud around the ground, but his hitouts to advantage are amazing. They alone got him from his half time score of 30 up to 107 by the end of the game.

Bully

Quote from: jfitty on March 28, 2014, 05:11:53 PM
Quote from: Bully on March 28, 2014, 04:25:40 PM
Another ton for Hampson, I think he's got the early lead on the other two. Warnock isn't such an easy beat either, I think I'll revise Hampson's projected average to 90+.

So pleased I threw Hampson in! With Minson and Goldstein heading for an early price drop he could be upgraded nice and quick to one of those two.

Hampson is an absolute dud around the ground, but his hitouts to advantage are amazing. They alone got him from his half time score of 30 up to 107 by the end of the game.

He's not a complete dud around the ground, he still managed a healthy 14 touches and at ground level he's better than most ruckmen. Where he falls down is his marking, you won't see too many intercept marks like a McEvoy or a Maric. But the taps to advantage are definitely gold in SC, hopefully he keeps it up until the byes.

RaisyDaisy

Hampson is looking like an inspired pick

He was on about 70 last night with a few mins to go but rocketed up to 107

roti

Problem looming over Hampson is when Ivan will be back, could be in a few weeks, might not be until after the byes who knows. You wouldn't think he keeps Ivan out of the side, and with Griffiths playing the Third Tall/2nd Ruckman role better then Hampson probably can (look when he played forward for Carlton), he might lose his spot in the side altogether

Bully

Quote from: roti on March 28, 2014, 07:43:46 PM
Problem looming over Hampson is when Ivan will be back, could be in a few weeks, might not be until after the byes who knows. You wouldn't think he keeps Ivan out of the side, and with Griffiths playing the Third Tall/2nd Ruckman role better then Hampson probably can (look when he played forward for Carlton), he might lose his spot in the side altogether

Ivy won't come straight back, the club will use the round 8 bye to give him some match practice.

Keeper27

Hampson got a BE of -14 and looks to gain $53k

Bully

Quote from: Keeper27 on March 29, 2014, 10:38:02 AM
Hampson got a BE of -14 and looks to gain $53k

Nice, the upgrade may well happen earlier than expected.

HotTiges

Quote from: roti on March 28, 2014, 07:43:46 PM
There will be no rush to bring Ivan in.Hampson will survive over Griff too..

hawkers65

Hickey looking very impressive again! Even against Mummy! I'm absolutely stoked with this pick, along with RD who i'm sure is too!

tor01doc

hawkers65

Quote from: tor01doc on March 29, 2014, 02:25:44 PM
Shhhhhh.  :-X

Cant keep him quiet! His huge score of 49 at 1/4 time is not exactly going to go unnoticed ;)

tor01doc

GoLions

Quote from: hawkers65 on March 29, 2014, 02:20:47 PM
Hickey looking very impressive again! Even against Mummy! I'm absolutely stoked with this pick, along with RD who i'm sure is too!
I doubt he'll get this many disposals and goals against the better teams though...only has 8 hitouts, Mumford has 24

Bully

Quote from: GoLions16 on March 29, 2014, 03:00:54 PM
Quote from: hawkers65 on March 29, 2014, 02:20:47 PM
I doubt he'll get this many disposals and goals against the better teams though...only has 8 hitouts, Mumford has 24

Doesn't matter, he'll make some quick cash and will be ripe for the picking in 2-3 rounds. If Nic Nat slides then a straight swap may be possible.

tor01doc

That has been the plan from day 1.

Love to see NicNait get the vest too.