Main Menu

Leuenburger

Started by Judd Magic, March 22, 2014, 11:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judd Magic

Thinking that I'm going to regret picking this guy.

Not that he is a spud or anything, its due to Trent West playing along side him.

When a second fiddle ruck like West scores 100 sc and Leuenburger who you paid over $500,000 for can only score 79 or whatever it was you know things aren't looking good for the season ahead.

I'll give Burger one more chance before I downgrade him to someone like Hampson and then collect the $200,000 to use for an early midfield upgrade.

Thoughts on Leuenburger and people who have him like me what are you going to do with him?

I can't see him scoring well enough while West is in the same team to be honest. West is stealing too many of Leuenburgers points.  ::)

kilbluff1985

it was one game calm your farm

WizzFizz

Mat0369

West kicked 3 goals from the goal square which helped his score. But I also would have stayed away from Leuenberger with West in the side, even if the guy is a f'ing spud, he is going to be giving him a chop out for extended periods, especially with the new rotation cap. This could be a good thing if West is a competent ruck, but it isn't because while Berger is resting up forward the opposition will gain an ascendancy in the ruck and pump it inside 50. We have also seen the last couple of seasons what happens with guys sharing the ruck load in terms of their scoring.

Judd Magic

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 22, 2014, 11:54:28 PM
West kicked 3 goals from the goal square which helped his score. But I also would have stayed away from Leuenberger with West in the side, even if the guy is a f'ing spud, he is going to be giving him a chop out for extended periods, especially with the new rotation cap. This could be a good thing if West is a competent ruck, but it isn't because while Berger is resting up forward the opposition will gain an ascendancy in the ruck and pump it inside 50. We have also seen the last couple of seasons what happens with guys sharing the ruck load in terms of their scoring.

Yeah I think Burgers getting the chop in round 3 for me.

I just can't see him scoring anywhere well enough while West is in the same team.

I knew picking Burger would come back and bite me on the behind. May aswell fix the mistake before its too late.

No way will Burger finish top 5 rucks while West around.  :(

HotTiges

Haha JM .. No trades left again.. Not sure West will play most weeks.. Still think Leuy will be fine... Who ya getting instead..

Mat0369

You have another round to assess him which is an advantage since there are no price changes until the round after. Don't jump the gun next week, monitor him against the Cats and if it looks the same, then you have to consider pulling the trigger.

There are also 4 or 5 options that are cheaper then Berger. Nic Nat, Big Boy, Mummy, Lobbe (although he had an average round 1 as well), Hampson, Hickey (although you want to see something similar against better competition) and Ryder although Bellchambers will be back soon meaning it is a waste of a trade since you could be stuck in the same position.

Bully

Way too early to start trading out premos, Leuey is quality and will come good eventually.

HotTiges

Another thing, rucks can be volatile in a scoring sense..

Mat0369

Another thing, the top scoring rucks in the last couple of seasons not named Dean Cox started the season under 500 k and rucked 1 out.

Judd Magic

Quote from: Bully on March 23, 2014, 12:30:25 AM
Way too early to start trading out premos, Leuey is quality and will come good eventually.

I can't see Burger doing any better while West is in the same team.

That's just how I feel and what I think will keep on happening unfortunately.  :-\

Judd Magic

Quote from: HotTiges on March 23, 2014, 12:24:52 AM
Haha JM .. No trades left again.. Not sure West will play most weeks.. Still think Leuy will be fine... Who ya getting instead..

I'll wait at least another week but thinking of downgrading Burger to Hampson.

Hampson seems to be the best pick out of the 3 cheapo rucks I reckon (Hampson, Hickey, H-Mac)

Or I guess I could downgrade him to NicNat but I have fearful reservations about him too. Still don't think NicNat is 100% right and his groin injury could re-surface any minute.

Maybe downgrading Burger to Hampson and waiting for Goldy or Minson to drop in price is the way to go?  :-\

BigMac_93

it is only 1 game guys. I am still confident he can have a good season

Moosey

If burger was the lone ruck I would of been on him as confident he would finish top 3 rucks as he is that good.

Very clear before the season started his out would be effected by West so steered clear.

Pre season research is very important and good to see the forums have not steered every man and his dog in the right dorection.

Pre season research = 1
Forum team = 0

James_Pies

I'll be sticking with him for now but it is a bit annoying considering most of the pre season i had Mumford but changed him to Jacobs in the last minute and then changed Jacobs to Leuy.