Webster subbed

Started by Griffo1982, March 22, 2014, 10:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enzedder

Injured. I'm waiting on the news. If he plays next week I'll keep him. Scored well for the game time he had and think he is a good pick, though in hindsight would rather have Swallow's 135pts rather than Webster's and Suckling's 128 pts combined. Feel like I had a player less than a lot of others just in defence and may be forced into a trade as well.

Bully

Quote from: roti on March 23, 2014, 12:14:55 PM
If he is out, Laidler?

Laidler is perfect for the byes too, at the moment he's the frontrunner for a defensive spot.

Ricochet

Guys he was fine. Was scoring well until his injury.
Hang onto him if only out for a week or two and loophole the backline rookies with him.
Not worth burning a trade for a midpricer when he is so cheap and was scoring well

Bully

Quote from: Ricochet on March 23, 2014, 01:45:17 PM
Hang onto him if only out for a week or two and loophole the backline rookies with him.
Not worth burning a trade for a midpricer when he is so cheap and was scoring well

He didn't look too bad, but it was only Melbourne. If he's injured then I'd dump him, no point holding when price rises start to kick in.

Spite

Anyone hoping he misses just one week? Allows us to loophole rookies for next week and see who to grab on the bubble?

He only had one handball in the third quarter before being subbed so he actually scored 53 post scaled in the first half of the game. Now just needs to play a full game...

Bully

Quote from: Spite on March 23, 2014, 02:19:12 PM
Anyone hoping he misses just one week? Allows us to loophole rookies for next week and see who to grab on the bubble?

He only had one handball in the third quarter before being subbed so he actually scored 53 post scaled in the first half of the game. Now just needs to play a full game...

1 week is fine but beyond that you're bleeding money.

enzedder

Quote from: Ricochet on March 23, 2014, 01:45:17 PM
Could do. if he is injured for 2+ wouldn't burn him for a midpricer but could for a rookie on the bubble and use the cash.
Quote from: Spite on March 23, 2014, 02:19:12 PM

Hope he doesn't miss a week cause I barrack for the Saints.

Hazza09

If Webster is ruled out I see many people going to Laidler or upgrading to Swallow.
He's at a awkward price and like many I got sucked in to the hype.
Has a good kick but doesn't offer much else. Isn't very attacking either.
So if he's out next week I'm trading, to risky to hold while others are going up in price etc.

enzedder

Quote from: Hazza09 on March 23, 2014, 02:57:54 PM
If Webster is ruled out I see many people going to Laidler or upgrading to Swallow.
So if he's out next week I'm trading, to risky to hold while others are going up in price etc.
Don't get sucked in by Swallow's R1 score either. Good chance it will be his highest of the year...and like me you missed it.

geoffmack

Quote from: Hazza09 on March 23, 2014, 02:57:54 PM
This is the time of year to make corrective trades to rookies who are scoring well. So if Webster doesnt come up for this week you could either hold and use him as your loop or dump for a Georgiou / Laidler to make cash.

kfewster

Play wait and see approach this week until his on the bubble.

Might swap for kk

Bully

Quote from: kfewster on March 25, 2014, 06:53:14 PM

Might swap for kk

KK is definitely on my radar, I really hope he gets named because I suspect he'll become an excellent POD. Can't see too many ditching McDonald unless he scores another 40 odd.

AaronKirk

Quote from: Bully on March 25, 2014, 07:27:26 PM
Quote from: kfewster on March 25, 2014, 06:53:14 PM

Might swap for kk

KK is definitely on my radar, I really hope he gets named because I suspect he'll become an excellent POD. Can't see too many ditching McDonald unless he scores another 40 odd.

KK should play this weekend against Fremantle. 

_wato

Don't know why you'd jump on KK against Fremantle.

Can't see him repeating the feats of Langdon. Would wait a week at least.

SydneyRox

not getting off Webster, he is gonna make some good $$