What's your biggest screw-up for Rd.1 ??

Started by Sabretooth Tigers, March 21, 2014, 10:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roti

Not having the balls to pick Shiels over Daisy which I talked up for the last two weeks but copped out when it came time to decide for good

Free Kick

Had Swallow and Macrae locked in for weeks..

Changed them to Suckling and Libba..

What do you do.. That's Supercoach ::)

T Dog

Quote from: tor01doc on March 24, 2014, 12:08:01 PM
Quote from: T Dog on March 24, 2014, 12:03:59 PM
Cloke... >:( :o :'(...I may never recover.. :-[

You are so funny.

Surely you didn't select Cloke just because he rhymes with joke?

What big cloke the bloke.?.. ::)

Jimmykidd

Quote from: Free Kick on March 24, 2014, 07:19:46 PM
Had Swallow and Macrae locked in for weeks..

Changed them to Suckling and Libba..

What do you do.. That's Supercoach ::)

+1

Hate myself!  :(

dmac07

Quote from: T Dog on March 24, 2014, 08:35:48 PM
Quote from: tor01doc on March 24, 2014, 12:08:01 PM
Quote from: T Dog on March 24, 2014, 12:03:59 PM
Cloke... >:( :o :'(...I may never recover.. :-[

You are so funny.

Surely you didn't select Cloke just because he rhymes with joke?

What big cloke the bloke.?.. ::)

Pickem him, made a few little errors with fielding wrong rookies but this is the only pick that pissed me off! Cost me 2300+

maygs

I had Pittard in Def as it looked like he was going to be set free to rack up a series of good scores.  Of course he went straight back to his tagging role.

I compounded this error by thinking that Shiels would be in the same boat, so swapped him out for Aish.  Didn't have the balls to swap him for Macrae - as initially planned.

I also got scared by all the Hanley tag talk and swapped him out for Suckling - this one ended up being not so bad for round 1.  We'll see how it goes in the long run - maybe get Hanley back after the byes when he's a bit cheaper and Suckling has gone up a bit?

Anyway the silver lining is that I had $200K+ in the bank so the Pittard error is an easy fix.

Next year I'm doing my team the week before round 1, so I don't spend a month fiddling with it every bloody day!

2100 points is not a very good start but I suppose it leaves plenty of room for improvement.  I hope my team is ready for the H2H rounds.  I've got a couple of 2400+ teams to beat.

jeesh

Quote from: maygs on March 25, 2014, 09:36:48 AM
Next year I'm doing my team the week before round 1, so I don't spend a month fiddling with it every bloody day!

The off season is a long 4 months without footy and whilst you say that now just try and resist when supercoach opens late Jan in 15. Quite frankly I think it would be impossible for any of us lol

Pkbaldy