What's your biggest screw-up for Rd.1 ??

Started by Sabretooth Tigers, March 21, 2014, 10:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeesh

Missed the Langdon express
Kept aside the required cash to allow me the freedom of picking Cox or Nic Nat depending on whether Nic Nat got the vest but in doing so meant I had to sacrifice Currie and went with Ben Brown. I went with Nic Nat in the end and just wish I had faith in him all along and held onto Currie but I'm wishing harder that Goldy pulls up alright and Currie doesn't get a look in :P
After Crouch missed out I went with Wanganeen who I think will get dropped this week to make room for Cyril so I'm thinking Wanganeen -> Langdon and then subbing Langdon with McDonald to have Langdon at D6 and McDonald at M9/10 could be a good corrective trade. Apart from that I'm pretty happy despite only notching up 2,148. I'm in a cash league which ranked 602 out of 24,598 and the top scorer got 2,260 so I'm not to far off the pace.

GCSkiwi

Quote from: Deadly6 on March 22, 2014, 10:40:21 AM
Leaving home with Ben Kennedy on the field and getting home and finding he was the sub. But didn't last year's winner stat with Karnezis? A lot of twists and turns to go yet.

Ditto this. Otherwise pretty happy overall, not happy with some players scores (Mitchell, McVeigh, Rocky) but not upset with the choice to pick them. Sure Bartel's score instead of McVeigh's would have been nice but that doesn't make me an idiot for picking McVeigh. Not a screw up, just a setback ;)

Thewizz71

Slammer

NoButYeah

Lewis Taylor on field, didn't know he was sub until it was too late.

My Chumps

Quote from: Slammer on March 24, 2014, 09:36:04 AM
Paying overs for Minson :(
Me too. Considering going Minson ---> Grundy then JKH ---> Caddy so I don't have to start Rohan anymore. Perhaps a bit of a knee jerk reaction however; Big Will was up against 3 ruckman, two of which are up there with the best in the league. Still, it is incredibly disappointing considering his lowest score last year was 82, and he only dipped below 100 five times. That's what we expect for that price.

T Dog

Cloke... >:( :o :'(...I may never recover.. :-[

tor01doc

Quote from: T Dog on March 24, 2014, 12:03:59 PM
Cloke... >:( :o :'(...I may never recover.. :-[

You are so funny.

Surely you didn't select Cloke just because he rhymes with joke?

Grufflez

Quote from: NoButYeah on March 24, 2014, 09:57:50 AM
Lewis Taylor on field, didn't know he was sub until it was too late.

Ouch man, thats a 6 on field!

theta

My two prems are libba and kennedy
I have Charlie Dixon.
I have Daisy.

...and for the kicker.....Kennedy was my captain, not by choice, I just plain f***** up.  I got a nexus 7 tablet the day before the GC game, downloaded the app, and messed with my team.  Didnt notice the error.  I missed out on 98 points.

This is my fifth sc season.  I spent hundred of hours doing research.  Now I hate myself. 

surprised I still scored 2102 though.

Pokerface

Playing around with F3 two or three weeks ago (whenever round 1 started) cos I couldnt find a structure I was happy with the F3. Sat Mayne in there to see how my team looked. Suddenly realised he was locked in because Collingwood/Freo had kicked off.
Was not happy with Ziebell's performance (i was over him before his nab form), but i think that will turn around. Scottie is not happy about the contested play and will get stuck right into them, and North's midfield didn't get the service you would normally expect with Goldy's arm hanging on by a thread.
And a complete balls-up with all the wrong rookies on field costing me around 150 points. I wasn't prepared to put a non-player to get langdon's score. Already out of the overall race at about 87000th.

roo boys!

Thinking it was Litherland picked for the Hawks and selecting him instead of Langford..simple mistake surely?  :P

Missing lockout so being stuck with Matt Crouch.

Fielding Lewis Taylor

My POD Bastinac struggled! May give him the vice captaincy this week, my side's buggered already anyway. Sorry for anyone I let down in any leagues I'm in, tried not to enter too many from FF so I don't prevent leagues from being competitive in the overall league ranking. Everyone hates those cellar dwellers!

Sabretooth Tigers

:(
It's only rd.1 RB, or so I keep telling myself as I look over the edge of this gigantic cliff I'm standing on whilst contemplating whether or not I can fly. !!  Would love to trade Jelwood, Fyfe, or Watson in to my team. I have the money and the means but my game plan is to sit pretty for a while and wait for my cash cows to deliver. So I wait, looking over the edge at eternity pondering what might have been.  But in reality sit pretty as those disasters of ours just may turn the corner this week. Best of luck mate.    ;)

Nige

Not a huge screw up, but I intended to have Michie on the bench and Dunstan on the field but forgot to make that move.

Meh, shower happens and life goes on.

footy25

Few small errors for me were picking McDonald over Langford (not that worried), going houli over swallow (once again not worried but if houli struggles again and swallow goes bang again I may make the trade), and not trusting my gut instinct by getting mark lecras ( instead took the safe option with Tom Mitchell, like my other few errors not real worried as I believe they will even out there averages before too long). Overall scored 2359 so hopefully that's a sign of things to come.