What's your biggest screw-up for Rd.1 ??

Started by Sabretooth Tigers, March 21, 2014, 10:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_wato

No blemishes at all - Thomas my lowest score with 62 and then it's Parker with 95.

Plenty to come so I'm cruising, very happy so far.

kilbluff1985

Danzac

I've got buyers remorse over McDonough, but if he plays next week it should be OK.
In hindsight his job security is a bit fringe-y for my liking, and I wouldn't have minded 38k spare (155-117)

hawkers65

Quote from: Knowall on March 21, 2014, 11:29:43 PM
Quote from: hawkers65 on March 21, 2014, 11:27:35 PM
Quote from: Knowall on March 21, 2014, 11:25:05 PM
Anybody thinking leaving out Currie from your Ruck bench could be a mistake.  Especially if Goldstein is injured, I might need to trade him in.

Brought him in last minute by downgrading JHK to Ambrose :D
LOL well done.

Nobody will believe me but I was planning to do it and just simply forgot to bring him in for Thurlow.  Ahh well that mistake will probably cost me a trade.

Absolutely beasting with my last minute trades this year: :P

- Franklin/Geogiou to T.Mitchell/Laidler
- Crouch to Cunningham
- McDoanld/Goldy to Hibberd/Hickey
- Holmes/JHK to Currie/Ambrose

Bwahahaha! Talk about luck!

MLS

Quote from: Bully on March 21, 2014, 11:05:09 PM
Quote from: MLS on March 21, 2014, 11:00:10 PM
It's a fine line we tread between genius and epic fail. It is only round 1, but I decided to play Langdon on field and scrap Suckling. Good move, but with that cash I had a great idea to buy some insurance for Sandilands so I brought in Dixon with Thurlow in the rucks. lol

Might be a corrective trade there!

:o From chocolates to boiled lollies, to add insult to injury Goldy cops a dodgy shoulder and Currie looks in a shoe-in for next week. You'll need some fancy footwork to sort this one out.

Got Dixon in the FWD's so it won't be too hard to sort that out with a sideways or trade down. I'll give him another week though

HotTiges

Quote from: hawkers65 on March 21, 2014, 11:35:29 PM
Anybody thinking leaving out Currie from your Ruck bench could be a mistake.  Especially if Goldstein is injured, I might need to trade him in.

LOL well done.

Nobody will believe me but I was planning to do it and just simply forgot to bring him in for Thurlow.  Ahh well that mistake will probably cost me a trade.

- Crouch to Cunningham

Right what are you doing tomorrow!

hawkers65

Quote from: HotTiges on March 21, 2014, 11:41:24 PM
Quote from: hawkers65 on March 21, 2014, 11:35:29 PM

LOL well done.

- Crouch to Cunningham

Right what are you doing tomorrow!

Hahaha ;) Nothing hopefully... :P

Bully

Quote from: MLS on March 21, 2014, 11:41:15 PM
Quote from: Bully on March 21, 2014, 11:05:09 PM
Quote from: MLS on March 21, 2014, 11:00:10 PM
It's a fine line we tread between genius and epic fail. It is only round 1, but I decided to play Langdon on field and scrap Suckling. Good move, but with that cash I had a great idea to buy some insurance for Sandilands so I brought in Dixon with Thurlow in the rucks. lol

Might be a corrective trade there!

:o From chocolates to boiled lollies, to add insult to injury Goldy cops a dodgy shoulder and Currie looks in a shoe-in for next week. You'll need some fancy footwork to sort this one out.

Got Dixon in the FWD's so it won't be too hard to sort that out with a sideways or trade down. I'll give him another week though

true, he was concussed so deserves the benefit of the doubt

Marcos83

Biggest screw up would have to be not trusting selwoods injury and go with rockcliffe (I always started with Selwood each year).

Next was not having Swallow. Had him all pre season and didnt start him because I was uncertain. So I went brdie f#cking martin.

I would be in the running for overall if these 2 screw ups didnt happen.

Jroo

Quote from: Marcos83 on March 22, 2014, 09:01:31 AM
Biggest screw up would have to be not trusting selwoods injury and go with rockcliffe (I always started with Selwood each year).

Next was not having Swallow. Had him all pre season and didnt start him because I was uncertain. So I went brdie f#cking martin.

I would be in the running for overall if these 2 screw ups didnt happen.
Don't worry man, it's only round one, you'll bring in Jelwood at some stage. I don't think many people will have him.
I have Rocky too, so I'm hoping he goes big today  :D
I had Swallow all preseason too, only to trade him out for Mitchell.
Overall pretty happy with my team so far.
Everyone is still in the running for overall, there's still 3 games and 22 rounds left  8)

Deadly6

Leaving home with Ben Kennedy on the field and getting home and finding he was the sub. But didn't last year's winner stat with Karnezis? A lot of twists and turns to go yet.

Grufflez

Quote from: _wato on March 21, 2014, 11:31:09 PM
No blemishes at all - Thomas my lowest score with 62 and then it's Parker with 95.

Plenty to come so I'm cruising, very happy so far.

Mate i reckon Thomas might end up being your screw up  ;D

MontyJnr

Quote from: Danzac on March 21, 2014, 11:34:44 PM
I've got buyers remorse over McDonough, but if he plays next week it should be OK.
In hindsight his job security is a bit fringe-y for my liking, and I wouldn't have minded 38k spare (155-117)

+1

So annoyed I picked this guy instead of Impey, who seemed 100% certain for the green vest.

shaker

Having Clurey on the field Langdon on the bench but that is not to bad at least I picked Langdon , Daisy and Lobbe but not judging them on one game overall happy so far

djbics

Definitely dont count this a screw up (as hindsight is a beautiful thing) but similar to many had Langdon on the bench with Clurey and McDonald on the field (only hurts from a points perspective, as all scored ok in relation to their respective prices)  What DOES look like hurting was changing Chappy for Buddy before the Sydney game, and while many (most) of you will say I got what i deserved, chose Duffman over Swallow :P  Apart from that, reasonably expected start so far.....