Main Menu

Nic Nat

Started by BlackOrWhite, March 21, 2014, 06:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tor01doc

Quote from: billnats on March 24, 2014, 02:04:35 PM
I got him from the start because I want him at the end... saves me a trade

But could cost you a lot of money.

Eg Get a $100k price rise from Hickey and grab NicNat $100k cheaper and use that $200k elsewhere.

General consensus last year was a trade is worth $100 - 150k?

Hope he starts flying for you.

FonFatty

I have got Ryder in my side and my original thoughts were that he will dominate without Bellchambers around. Watching him over the last couple of weeks, I somehow dont think I was on the money in regards to Paddy.
Am thinking of pulling the pin and getting Nic Nat now. I was always going to pick him up, was hoping for a big drop in price though, but he got to the ton last week and going by his stats it looked like he did bugger all to get there. Should be a big scorer when he's up and about.
For those that have been following him, is he on the verge of getting back to where he left off pre injury last year?
Has a B/E of 132 this week, he might get there comfortably against the saints.
Should I hold off a bit longer or go in for the kill?

SydneyRox

nic nat will be fine. I had him at start also.

Not concerned

FonFatty

Quote from: SydneyRox on April 03, 2014, 12:55:04 AM

Not concerned
Havent seen much of the eagles this season thus far, is he playing a different role? 12 hitouts per game in the last 2 weeks is not what you'd expect from him. Cox doing the majority of rucking?

kilbluff1985

Quote from: FonFatty on April 03, 2014, 12:58:21 AM

Not concerned
Havent seen much of the eagles this season thus far, is he playing a different role? 12 hitouts per game in the last 2 weeks is not what you'd expect from him. Cox doing the majority of rucking?

they're easing him into it obviously

Sabretooth Tigers

:)
The Hickey to Nicnat and the value of a trade point of Doc's is very pertinant. I started with Nicnat and pleased that I did as I didn't like nor would I have taken Hickey. But I would be careful of the swap over window it may only last 1 or 2 weeks. Cheers.     ::)

FonFatty

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 03, 2014, 12:59:05 AM

Not concerned

So might be wise to hold off a couple of weeks at least.
This week I am going to loophole Derikx (if he plays) and cheer like mad for him to go 70+. If he gets there I will just sit ryder on the pine for this week, get to have a look at the great man.

SydneyRox

Quote from: FonFatty on April 03, 2014, 01:04:35 AM

Not concerned

This week I am going to loophole Derikx (if he plays) and cheer like mad for him to go 70+. If he gets there I will just sit ryder on the pine for this week, get to have a look at the great man.

dont think derrickx will play.

FonFatty

Quote from: SydneyRox on April 03, 2014, 01:08:13 AM
Quote from: FonFatty on April 03, 2014, 01:04:35 AM

Not concerned
Josh Jenkins will play this week, I reckon Pyke will need assistance. Got a feeling Derrikx might hang around until Tippett is back. He did OK against the pies last week, should get another shot I'd say. Could be wrong though.

dont think derrickx will play.

elephants

Just on Nic-Nat, Simpson is running with 3 rucks at this stage and until we stop doing that, I think I'll steer clear of picking NN/Cox. As you saw on the weekend, the beauty of having three ruckmen is they don't all need to fire. Coxy just cruised through the game and had a pretty quiet outing but we didn't suffer in the ruck depo. Conversely, NicNat had 10 possies in the first quarter.

I'm interested though in who Simmo would have subbed had Hurn not gone down. I expect it may have been Coxy...

Basically, my advice would be hold him if you have him and enjoy the rollercoaster 8)

Colty

Nic Nat spent 75% time on the ground last week, that number will go up.  Quite a few big name eagles spent large chunks of time off the ground because they were belting the Dees.  As the season rolls on and Eagles get tougher games id expect they would drop Sinclair for more run and cox and Nic Nat will spend more time on the field and in the ruck. 

Grufflez

Quote from: Colty on April 03, 2014, 08:43:48 AM
Nic Nat spent 75% time on the ground last week, that number will go up.  Quite a few big name eagles spent large chunks of time off the ground because they were belting the Dees.  As the season rolls on and Eagles get tougher games id expect they would drop Sinclair for more run and cox and Nic Nat will spend more time on the field and in the ruck.

Kinda what i was thinking, can't see them playing 3 rucks all year.

Frankfaust1

And cracked a ton with that 75% of time, don't forget.

He's going along nicely, i think. BE of 134 ro so and wouldn't surprise me if he cranked it up enough to get there.

roti

I think once NN is fit and firing Sinclair will be finding it pretty tough to get a game.

The positive really is that NN is already scoring tons at about 80% or less of what he's capable of

Bully

Quote from: Frankfaust1 on April 03, 2014, 04:53:13 PM

And cracked a ton with that 75% of time, don't forget.

He's going along nicely, i think. BE of 134 ro so and wouldn't surprise me if he cranked it up enough to get there.

I hope not, I'm banking on him dropping 50k so I can do a straight swap for Hampson.