Main Menu

Nic Nat

Started by BlackOrWhite, March 21, 2014, 06:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowls

Quote from: Vinny on March 21, 2014, 07:49:21 PM
He will get 81 and then get subbed out. :P

More likely than playing whole game.    3 weeks of that then how affordable will he be.    Trade up from ryder (age 95+ maybe 100) and even pocket money. how good would that be.

SydneyRox

Quote from: crowls on March 22, 2014, 11:45:42 AM
Quote from: Vinny on March 21, 2014, 07:49:21 PM
He will get 81 and then get subbed out. :P

More likely than playing whole game.    3 weeks of that then how affordable will he be.    Trade up from ryder (age 95+ maybe 100) and even pocket money. how good would that be.

yup, highly likely. still going to back a 60% nic nat over a 100% ryder

colmullet

i'm so torn, heart says pick Nicnat, head says take Luey

felsty

Surely won't spend 3 games being subbed.
Has been managed throughout the preseason.
I actually think they are foxing a bit behind closed doors.
Putting him through his paces in their own time  and during WC own practice matches smells a lot like to me that he will push full fitness if not now then relatively soon.

kilbluff1985

he wont get a vest 3 games in a row that does more bad then good to someones match fitness

no eye deer

Will get vested one week at the most. I've got a feeling he will play out the match, but maybe not if the Dogs are getting flogged.

MontyJnr

Another worrying sign for us Naitanui owners is that Nic's comeback game last year was in round 6 against the DOGS at SUBIACO where he started as SUB and scored 40! Sinclair got the red vest and the eagles won by 70 points :-\

Sabretooth Tigers

:)
IMO the best scoring, highest ceiling ruckman for 2014, at a discount price. No reservations regardless of how he goes this week. May even come out and totally kill it, especially if the EAgles have been foxing it.     8)

hawkers65

Will join my team in Round 10 for Hickey after he has risen nicely and NicNat has dropped.

Doggoneit

Quote from: hawkers65 on March 22, 2014, 10:57:06 PM
Will join my team in Round 10 for Hickey after he has risen nicely and NicNat has dropped.

If you are expecting Nic Nat be have dropped from current price as of R10 why would you be wanting to bring him in ??

Mat0369

Quote from: Doggoneit on March 23, 2014, 12:28:44 AM
If you are expecting Nic Nat be have dropped from current price as of R10 why would you be wanting to bring him in ??

Because if he is vested early he will drop in price and have a high B/E

Doggoneit

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 23, 2014, 12:35:34 AM
Quote from: Doggoneit on March 23, 2014, 12:28:44 AM

Because if he is vested early he will drop in price and have a high B/E

If he gets vested its will be once - his first round score will be drop out of his pricing by round 4. He may drop in price after rd3
Pricing rises and drops are calculated on the last 3 scores.

By round 10 are you expecting him to be averaging 90 or less ? and if he is why would you want him?

Mat0369

Quote from: Doggoneit on March 23, 2014, 12:42:01 AM
If he gets vested its will be once - his first round score will be drop out of his pricing by round 4. He may drop in price after rd3

By round 10 are you expecting him to be averaging 90 or less ? and if he is why would you want him?

I know how the rolling scores work, but you need to take everything into account. They play the Dees and Saints in rounds 2 and 3. After what happened last year it would not surprise me if the Eagles took a cautious approach with him and rest him any chance they get. Let's say he starts the season with a 60 and red vest, he then plays the whole game against the Dees and then the Eagles smash the Saints at home and he is rested again in the 3rd and scores around 80. It means not only do you have to have those scores on your field effecting your overall, it also means he will probably drop 100k over the first 5 rounds. If he does smash it the following 4 rounds before his bye, he will probably still be sitting under his current price. It also gives you some time to check out how his groin is and if he is slowing down.  If Hickey is around 450k, Nic Nat is sitting around 50k cheaper then his starting price with a low B/E and flying, it makes perfect sense

crowls

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 23, 2014, 12:54:43 AM
Quote from: Doggoneit on March 23, 2014, 12:42:01 AM

I know how the rolling scores work, but you need to take everything into account. They play the Dees and Saints in rounds 2 and 3. After what happened last year it would not surprise me if the Eagles took a cautious approach with him and rest him any chance they get. Let's say he starts the season with a 60 and red vest, he then plays the whole game against the Dees and then the Eagles smash the Saints at home and he is rested again in the 3rd and scores around 80. It means not only do you have to have those scores on your field effecting your overall, it also means he will probably drop 100k over the first 5 rounds. If he does smash it the following 4 rounds before his bye, he will probably still be sitting under his current price. It also gives you some time to check out how his groin is and if he is slowing down.  If Hickey is around 450k, Nic Nat is sitting around 50k cheaper then his starting price with a low B/E and flying, it makes perfect sense

I agree minimise downside risk and able to get nicnat upside.  my timing may be earlier than yours though     if he wasn't being managed then you would have him now.

Woppa15

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on March 22, 2014, 10:54:32 PM
:)
IMO the best scoring, highest ceiling ruckman for 2014, at a discount price. No reservations regardless of how he goes this week. May even come out and totally kill it, especially if the EAgles have been foxing it.     8)

+1
No reservations about picking NicNat at all.