Hickeylands

Started by ben_020285, March 21, 2014, 10:31:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judd Magic

Quote from: ben_020285 on March 23, 2014, 12:58:08 AM
Well one week down and the Hickeylands combo is up 1-0.

A good start, let's hope it continues.

Hickey rucked against nothing when playing the Dees.

Don't expect a 90's score from him once he plays against a team that has anything that resembles a half decent ruckman I reckon.

frogjumper

Hickey is up against Mumford next week. Can see him getting destroyed and scoring sub 70
Sandi has Gold Coast, so he could have another big one.

Bully

Mid priced strategy has taken the points easily this week, but it's still early days.

Judd Magic

Quote from: frogjumper on March 23, 2014, 01:17:46 AM
Hickey is up against Mumford next week. Can see him getting destroyed and scoring sub 70

Yep. This. ^

RaisyDaisy

As a Hickey owner I am not expecting 90+ every week, in fact 70+ would be fine with me

I actually watched him last night and although he wasn't up against a good ruck, he looked damn impressive to me and I am happy to have him. He moved around the ground really well, not slow and proppy like a lot of rucks too. His reaction times and agility looked really good and he layed tackles too

Mummy will monster will him no doubt, but 70+ each week is easily attainable based on what I saw last night and at this stage I'm a happy Hickeylands owner

hawkers65

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 23, 2014, 08:28:07 AM
As a Hickey owner I am not expecting 90+ every week, in fact 70+ would be fine with me

I actually watched him last night and although he wasn't up against a good ruck, he looked damn impressive to me and I am happy to have him. He moved around the ground really well, not slow and proppy like a lot of rucks too. His reaction times and agility looked really good and he layed tackles too

Mummy will monster will him no doubt, but 70+ each week is easily attainable based on what I saw last night and at this stage I'm a happy Hickeylands owner

Exactly, i know when you have a player in your SC team you notice them more, but he was really impressive. In terms of Mumford, he won't score a 98 again but i can still see him scoring 80+, Hickey actually lost the hitout count by 16 to Spencer! This goes to show he relies more on his around the ground efforts than hitouts.

ben_020285

Quote from: Judd Magic on March 23, 2014, 01:29:05 AM

Yep. This. ^

Yeah, nah.

Hickeylands up 2-0

Jroo

Quote from: ben_020285 on March 31, 2014, 12:04:44 PM
Quote from: Judd Magic on March 23, 2014, 01:29:05 AM

Yep. This. ^

Yeah, nah.

Hickeylands up 2-0
He got destroyed in the ruck though, lucky he kicked a few goals. Up against Nic Nat and Cox this week.

bkimm32

hickeylands going for the 3-0.. lock it in fellas

HotTiges

Quote from: bkimm32 on March 31, 2014, 12:25:07 PM
hickeylands going for the 3-0.. lock it in fellas
How's hickeys foot going??

bkimm32

haven't heard re: his foot. but he managed to play out the game and play out well, so I see no reason why a little ice won't fix it up before rnd 3..

R.Griffen

Quote from: Judd Magic on March 23, 2014, 01:02:54 AM

Hickey rucked against nothing when playing the Dees.

Don't expect a 90's score from him once he plays against a team that has anything that resembles a half decent ruckman I reckon.

For the ones who missed out get in Mumford playing Melbourne!!! Surely Mumford doesn't spud up like Cox did

foolysik

Hickey had the bottom of his foot treated in the second half and appeared limited in the fourth quarter but said he expected it to be fine.

RaisyDaisy

Just watching AFL 360 and they are chatting with NRoo and he said something along the lines of Hickey lining up against Cox and NicNat this week. Got the impression he was fine and will be right to play from what I saw, which would be great!

miffysp

Ive got the hicklands combo and stoked so far. Especially with question marks over so many prem rucks at the mo. The only rucks id want in my side at the mo r sandi hickey mcevoy and/or mummy. Mind u id b happy also if I started with hampson yet wouldnt bring in due 2 maric factor