Hickeylands

Started by ben_020285, March 21, 2014, 10:31:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramus

Hickeylands for me too. Do you think it is worth having D.Hale at F4 for insurance? I have F.Thurlow at R4 for the link since there are no decent Ruck Rookies.

ben_020285

Quote from: Ramus on March 21, 2014, 02:36:12 PM
Hickeylands for me too. Do you think it is worth having D.Hale at F4 for insurance? I have F.Thurlow at R4 for the link since there are no decent Ruck Rookies.

If you think that Hale can average enough to be a keeper in the forwards then go for it, if not then don't.

GCSkiwi

Ramus - not unless you think Hale could be a keeper. Otherwise you have someone who probably won't go anywhere pricewise that you're going to trade later... So not a stepping stone and another burnt trade. If Sandi/Hickey goes down then you're going to trade them regardless of whether you have cover from Hale so it just adds a trade.

tmnxn

Considering Hickeylands myself.. which option should I go with? I'm leaning towards the first one.

Suckling(D4) & NicNat/Leuey
OR
Hibberd/Hanley(D4) & Hickey

tor01doc

A site booked for this piece of white trailer trash at Hickeylands Trailer Park for the start of 2014.

Colty

Quote from: FonFatty on March 21, 2014, 12:40:54 PM
Im going with this combo as well. My strategy here is Hickey to rise enough in price so that I can straight swap him for Nic Nat once he decreases in value, going on the theory that he will have a slow start.
For those doubting Hickey, they obviously haven't watched him play, saw a bit of him last year and one game in particular against Collingwood, he absolutely dominated, really saw enough there to suggest he is saints number 1 and possibly a reason why the saints decided to offload McEvoy. He wont score monster scores but mark my words he will consistently pump out 80ish scores which is enough to make some $$$ with him.
Im also doubting the prem rucks this year, rumours floating around Minson is struggling with a back injury, Goldstein might have some stiff competition with Currie/Daw, lueuy has Trent West helping him now which will effect his scoring, Ryder is a risky pick for that sort of coin, just have no confidence in any prem ruck. Therefore I am thinking Hickeylands combo can work well for the first part of the season, after Hickey has maxed in price it will be clear who is the dominant ruck and can jump on board. Hoping Nic Nat is the one though.
You will be waiting forever for Nic Nats price to go down. He is going to surprise plenty with his scores, even if the guy is subbed he will still crack tons.

GCSkiwi

Quote from: tmnxn on March 21, 2014, 02:47:40 PM
Considering Hickeylands myself.. which option should I go with? I'm leaning towards the first one.

Suckling(D4) & NicNat/Leuey
OR
Hibberd/Hanley(D4) & Hickey

I would rather Suck-NicNat... Wait... :-[ That came out wrong.

BUT you more than likely wont know about whether NicNat cops a vest before Hickey plays. Option 2 (w/ Hanley imo) for safety, option 1 for risk/reward.

RaisyDaisy

OK well here is a scenario

I think I am going to downgrade Suckling to Georgiou, because I have 4 premo defs, and I am confident 2 of LMac, Langford, Langdon and Georgiou can be fielded each week

This now gives me 200k+ so do I upgrade Hickey to NicNat? I kind of feel like I am happy to stick with Hickey, but I really shouldn't have 200k+ sitting around

tor01doc

You should have spent more on your forwards.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: tor01doc on March 21, 2014, 03:12:14 PM

LOL I have Danger, Dusty, Titch, Pav, Caddy, Higgins!

ben_020285

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 21, 2014, 03:01:38 PM
OK well here is a scenario

I think I am going to downgrade Suckling to Georgiou, because I have 4 premo defs, and I am confident 2 of LMac, Langford, Langdon and Georgiou can be fielded each week

This now gives me 200k+ so do I upgrade Hickey to NicNat? I kind of feel like I am happy to stick with Hickey, but I really shouldn't have 200k+ sitting around

Are there any players in your current side that you think you might need to upgrade before the prices change? If so then it would be wise to have a bit of cash in the bank.

I currently have $238,500 left over and have Daisy in my midfield. So depending on how he goes in round 2, I will most likely be spending it to turn him into Libba/Fyfe/Murphy. If I don't upgrade Daisy then I will spend it elsewhere. Perhpas even turn Hickey into a different ruck if he doesn't score well enough over the first couple of rounds.

tor01doc

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 21, 2014, 03:17:23 PM
Quote from: tor01doc on March 21, 2014, 03:12:14 PM

LOL I have Danger, Dusty, Titch, Pav, Caddy, Higgins!

Nice comeback, Kid.

Well then your mids are weak as pi$$.

Ramus

Quote from: GCSkiwi on March 21, 2014, 02:45:39 PM
Ramus - not unless you think Hale could be a keeper. Otherwise you have someone who probably won't go anywhere pricewise that you're going to trade later... So not a stepping stone and another burnt trade. If Sandi/Hickey goes down then you're going to trade them regardless of whether you have cover from Hale so it just adds a trade.
Keeper....maybe, ruck back up...definitely. Thanks for the feedback.

RaisyDaisy

Cheers Ben, and LOL Doc

My mids are Ablett, Pendles, Libba, Beams, Tyson, Michie, Polec, Ellis (Dunstan, Taylor)

I will make a call on Suckling sometime over the next 24 hours - need to see if LMac is sub too

ben_020285

Well one week down and the Hickeylands combo is up 1-0.

A good start, let's hope it continues.