Why Caddy?

Started by DaveElNacho, March 20, 2014, 05:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveElNacho

Hey guys, would like to hear why you are or aren't picking Caddy. And what do you expect him to realistically average? Will he/won't he be a keeper? And if not, what is your plan for him?
He's a possibility to breakout, sure, and with injuries to other Geelong players is looking to play a lot of midfield time. But what did he do to warrant so much attention? His preseason has been good, with an average of 106 points per 100 mins, but last year he only tonned up once and averaged 63 in his last 6 games.
Anyway, interested to hear your thoughts  :)

tbagrocks

Why Caddy? Why not!

Not a huge amount of Forward/Mids to pick from and he'll be good enough

jfitty

I have him out at this stage in favour of Higgins.

I think Caddy will have a good season, but won't end up being a keeper. The cash saved by getting Higgins instead is what's made me leave him out.

DaveElNacho

Quote from: tbagrocks on March 20, 2014, 05:39:33 PM
Why Caddy? Why not!

Not a huge amount of Forward/Mids to pick from and he'll be good enough

I'll admit, that's why he's been in and out of my team ::) But right now i'm in the same mind as jfitty. Although it pains me to pick higgins...

frogjumper

Don't have him as I think he will likely average 80. Preferred the guns (5) and rookies (3) approach in the forward line.

DaveElNacho

Quote from: frogjumper on March 20, 2014, 05:57:24 PM
Don't have him as I think he will likely average 80. Preferred the guns (5) and rookies (3) approach in the forward line.

But can you pick 5 guns? Haha I hate most of the forwards.

tor01doc

Quote from: jfitty on March 20, 2014, 05:43:44 PM

I think Caddy will have a good season, but won't end up being a keeper. The cash saved by getting Higgins instead is what's made me leave him out.

Did I write this?  ::)

Or did you enter my head and suck out my brain?  :o

jfitty

Quote from: tor01doc on March 20, 2014, 06:03:19 PM

Haha great minds think alike?

RaisyDaisy

We are picking him for several reasons

A) Besides Danger and Dusty its anyone's guess who will be a premo fwd this year so instead of shelling out 500k on a fwd who could spud up, he is cheaper and has just as good JS and scoring potential

B) All the rookies are rubbish, so you cant field rookies in F5 and 6 like we usually do in previous years, and he represents all the characteristics of a great buy

C) He wont be a keeper, but he allows us to avoid fielding hacks like Rohan. He will go up in value, score pretty well and be very easy to upgrade to a premo fwd later in the season (once we get a better picture of who the premo's will actually be)

jepdog

Because he can help you around the golf course and Higgins cant!

Ricochet

Because he averaged 106pts per 100min in NAB, is priced at a 60ave, will play as a mid only with Christensen and Motlop out and is basically a gun kid.

TheDangler

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 20, 2014, 06:13:02 PM
We are picking him for several reasons

A) Besides Danger and Dusty its anyone's guess who will be a premo fwd this year so instead of shelling out 500k on a fwd who could spud up, he is cheaper and has just as good JS and scoring potential

B) All the rookies are rubbish, so you cant field rookies in F5 and 6 like we usually do in previous years, and he represents all the characteristics of a great buy

C) He wont be a keeper, but he allows us to avoid fielding hacks like Rohan. He will go up in value, score pretty well and be very easy to upgrade to a premo fwd later in the season (once we get a better picture of who the premo's will actually be)

Raisy raining his supreme knowledge. Heil Raisy!

Thewizz71

Quote from: jfitty on March 20, 2014, 06:06:25 PM
Quote from: tor01doc on March 20, 2014, 06:03:19 PM

Haha great minds think alike?

I'm worried, coz he must have been in mine as well  :D

Holzmen

I definitely rate him and I finished pretty highly last year... if you know what I mean ;)
So listen to me, Holzmen, and start him on your team!!

tor01doc

Don't mess with me H!  >:(