Main Menu

Dmac's Brownlow Count 2014

Started by dmac07, March 15, 2014, 11:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Tough to pick the votes last night. Deledio owned the first qtr then went missing, as did Dusty with the first half before goaling in the end

Cotchin, Ellis, Dusty and Yarran would be my vote getters, but no idea what order for 3.2.1

Toga

Matty Thomas worked hard all game as well, think he could be a chance for a couple of votes!

GoLions

I reckon Murphy, Thomas, Dusty could be the vote getters in that one. No clue what order though. Would've given Murphy the 3 if Carlton won...

FactHunt

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 28, 2014, 08:11:48 AM
Tough to pick the votes last night. Deledio owned the first qtr then went missing, as did Dusty with the first half before goaling in the end

Cotchin, Ellis, Dusty and Yarran would be my vote getters, but no idea what order for 3.2.1

+1... reckon it was a tougher game to pick last night

3. Cotch
2. Ellis
1. Yarran

unlucky for Dusty, Murph and a small handful of others. Not crystal clear here

Noz

Quote from: FactHunt on March 28, 2014, 01:13:20 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 28, 2014, 08:11:48 AM

+1... reckon it was a tougher game to pick last night

3. Cotch
2. Ellis
1. Yarran

unlucky for Dusty, Murph and a small handful of others. Not crystal clear here

3. Matt Thomas
2. Brandon Ellis
1. Andrejs Everitt

kilbluff1985

Cotch 3
Murphy 2
Dusty 1

last year learnt a lot about how the umpires vote and who they vote for i think that's how it will go

Nige

Mat0369

Quote from: Noz on March 28, 2014, 04:33:37 PM
3. Matt Thomas
2. Brandon Ellis
1. Andrejs Everitt

Really good when moved to Deledio, but probably won't get votes due to the umps not normally giving votes to taggers.

Murphy was the BOG, he was brilliant and one of the only Carlton players that showed up for 4 quarters

I don't think Ellis will get in the votes due to having a run with role, so I will go with Matt Thomas for 2 since he was one of the only Tigers players to play 4 quarters and was huge with his tackling pressure.

Yarran has to get 1, he was brilliant all night and along with Murphy dragged Carlton back into the game.

It is rare that you will probably give a 3 and 1 to players in the losing team but Murphy and Yarran were just that good.

RaisyDaisy

Dmac? Seem to be falling a bit behind here

I didn't watch Haw vs Ess so cant help there, but it sounds like the STK vs GWS game may be something like 3NRoo and then Hickey and Mumford get to other votes?

Didn't watch the showdown but Hartlett getting the medal should see 3 votes, and didn't watch Freo GC as I watched Syd vs Coll.

Pendles clearly the 3 and Beams prob gets 2, raffle off the 1

Not too much help here, but hopefully we can get a few others to chime in and get this Brownlow Count up to date :)

Toga

Showdown I reckon would be 3. Hartlett, 2. Ebert, 1. Schulz

dmac07

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 30, 2014, 10:16:45 AM
Dmac? Seem to be falling a bit behind here

I didn't watch Haw vs Ess so cant help there, but it sounds like the STK vs GWS game may be something like 3NRoo and then Hickey and Mumford get to other votes?

Didn't watch the showdown but Hartlett getting the medal should see 3 votes, and didn't watch Freo GC as I watched Syd vs Coll.

Pendles clearly the 3 and Beams prob gets 2, raffle off the 1

Not too much help here, but hopefully we can get a few others to chime in and get this Brownlow Count up to date :)

Went to the footy so havent got to update, all done now.

Followed the medal at the showdown, ebert the 2, a raffle for the 1 but gave the nod to wingard. Pendles a clear bog, beams and lumumba the others, no sydney standouts though jpk was close. Sandi and barlow get the 3 and 2, same as last week, putting them both on 5 votes and at the top of the count.

Spite

Maxwell over lumumba for me for the one mate, Harry had 7 clangers and maxwell had 9 intercept marks and it was his 200th :)

dmac07

Updated through rnd 2 with a few of the favorites already up the top of the leaderboard. Watson, Selwood, Johnson, Ablett, Pendlebury all on 3 to 5 votes early. Fyfe now ineligible through suspension throws the betting up in the air. Mitchell may miss a few rounds, and Swan has started very quietly so if they are to remain in the race they wont want to drop too far behind the leaders. Freo boys Sandi and Barlow up the top also, and expecting 15-18 wins for freo this year so a lot of votes on offer for their players if one can stand out from the others. Sandi and early smokey? Probably not... but you never know.

Doggoneit

Spite

Tough one tonight Dmac...

3. Smith
2. Breust
1. Suckling (maybe Cyril)

If you're going by stats then stay away from mitchell, he dominated the second half when it was over