Tough choices!! Need pro voters ;)

Started by love4thegame, March 13, 2014, 09:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4thegame

This safer/current option in the team is Hanley & Rohan, I rate Hanley pretty high, how do they compare with the risky combo of Higgins(can't believe I'm putting him into consideration) and the unproven swallow??

GoLions

Hanley will be a keeper, Rohan has great JS and should make a fair bit of cash, even if he only averages 65 or thereabouts

Swallow might not be a keeper, which could mean a waste of a trade. Higgins will score well, but injury risk

I'd go with Hanley and Rohan

love4thegame

Quote from: GoLions16 on March 13, 2014, 09:18:21 PM
Hanley will be a keeper, Rohan has great JS and should make a fair bit of cash, even if he only averages 65 or thereabouts

Swallow might not be a keeper, which could mean a waste of a trade. Higgins will score well, but injury risk

I'd go with Hanley and Rohan
Cheers mate that's where I'm thinking, last year without the vest or concussion Hanley averaged over 100, love him!

love4thegame

7 votes each not including my own, just as I suspected haha

kilbluff1985

i think Swallow & Higgins will average more

bensl

nas

Can you bear the thought of Higgins past history repeating, me not prepared to risk it so option 1 for me.

love4thegame

Quote from: nas on March 14, 2014, 07:33:50 AM
Can you bear the thought of Higgins past history repeating, me not prepared to risk it so option 1 for me.
it's almost a gimme to happen at some point! But He's so dam cheap haha I'm torn between the two options!

love4thegame

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on March 14, 2014, 06:02:23 AM
so do I.. I put swallow around 85-90 and Higgins around 80, but are they keepers? And worth the risk?

nas

Quote from: love4thegame on March 14, 2014, 09:43:02 AM
so do I.. I put swallow around 85-90 and Higgins around 80, but are they keepers? And worth the risk?

Option 2 No & No

Option 1 Yes & Yes

GoLions

Quote from: bensl on March 14, 2014, 07:16:31 AM

+1
But you will probably have 1 less keeper. Combos aren't just about which option scores the most points, have to think about trades used to turn these guys into keepers as well.

Swoozie

We're just keep going back to Higgins like an abused spouse going back to their husband. Why can't we just stay away?  ::)

That being said I'd be more tempted to go for Swallow/Higgins. Higgo can average 90+ if he remains fit, and by all accounts he's had a good pre-season (not like we've heard that before). And I see Swallow having a breakout year and playing mostly midfield can hopefully average around the 100 mark.
Hanley is class no doubt about that, but I'm not exactly sold on Rohan. He's a great player but just doesn't seem like one that will be getting more than 15 or so disposals a game, or one that can score solidly.

love4thegame

Quote from: GoLions16 on March 14, 2014, 09:55:59 AM
Quote from: bensl on March 14, 2014, 07:16:31 AM

+1
But you will probably have 1 less keeper. Combos aren't just about which option scores the most points, have to think about trades used to turn these guys into keepers as well.
i like the way you think!

love4thegame

Still on Hanley and Rohan, Rohan to play gws could get a decent score!

HotTiges

Rohan and Hanley.. Hanley could avg 15+ more then Swallow