WXV Round 1 - The GF Replay

Started by ossie85, March 10, 2014, 05:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DazBurg

Nails

QuoteIf they use it, any player who starts with a green vest, or is red vested in the first half, will be replaced by an emergency. This can happen for up to 3 players.

Does this mean you can only use it 3 times in a season?

I thought it was 3 players in one match it could be used on. I didn't understand why not everybody was using it.

What if I have it switched on (which I do) but a player doesn't get subbed? Do I keep it? (if it's 3 per year)

CrowsFan

Quote from: Nails on March 15, 2014, 05:38:51 PM
QuoteIf they use it, any player who starts with a green vest, or is red vested in the first half, will be replaced by an emergency. This can happen for up to 3 players.

Does this mean you can only use it 3 times in a season?

I thought it was 3 players in one match it could be used on. I didn't understand why not everybody was using it.

What if I have it switched on (which I do) but a player doesn't get subbed? Do I keep it? (if it's 3 per year)
It can be used as many times as you want for the season. It's just saying that only 3 players can be replaced in a match through the sub rule since that's how many you have on the emergency bench.

Nige

ossie85

Sao Paulo Pumas (Captain played, 2/348)   v   Mexico City Suns (3/280)

The Pumas have had the early jump, thanks to the usual Gary Ablett magic, but still early days.

Moscow Spetsnaz (6/570) v   Toronto Wolves (Captain played, 5/511)

Solid start by the Spetsnaz, with 3 centuries early on and no terrible scores. Toronto not far behind, thanks to Captain Pendlebury, but Jack Riewoldt has hurt.

Berlin Brewers (4/345) v London Royals (7/566)

Nat Fyfe and Conca had a strong start for the Brewers, with there nose in front of London on average. The Royals had a good performance from Pearce leade the way but an average performance from Hannebery hurts.

Buenos Aires Armadillos (Both Co-Captains played, 3/388) v   Cape Town Cobras (4/345)

Subdued start by the Armadillos, with Barlow strong, but Swan and Newman disappointing. Capt Town not far behind, with Cotchin solid but Rohan disappointing.

New York Revolution (4/323)   v   Pacific Islanders (6/446)

A mammoth score by Treloar has salvaged an otherwise disappointing start, while the Islanders have been overall poor except De Boer.

Beijing Thunder (4/197)  v   Wellington Warriors (4/321)

Beijing's Neale and Kennedy holding the team back, can last year's Wooden Spooners get the jump? Club debutant Deledio hopes so.

PNL Reindeers (6/446)  v   Seoul Magpies (7/670)

PNL a bit average with Ball the star, with Seoul in front thanks to 4 centuries from Scully, Swallow, Coniglio and WXV debutant Langdon.

Dublin Destroyers (5/317)   v   Cairo Sands (Captain played, 6/771)

Dublin have gotten out of the gates slowly, with Charlie Dixon the villain. Cairo has had a 3 big centuries, from captain Dayne Beams, Dion Prestia and Shane Mumford to give them a mammoth 454 point lead.

New Delhi Tigers  (2/203) v   Tokyo Samurai (3/282)

Strong start by preseason runnerup New Delhi, with Tokyo only marginally behind.

CrowsFan

Ablett you superstar :)
Houli a little disappointing though...

Ringo

Not only Hanners but also McVeigh and Mayne well below par. Coach may have to take action.

Nige

Cairo: No depth, no worries.  ;)

My Chumps

Very impressed by Nick Haynes' stuff. Should be a very solid addition to the backline this year.

Captaincy loophole has failed me however with JPK putting a sub-par score along with his teams sub-par performance. Not sure who to turn to know. Daisy? Cooney? Maybe an outsider with Dom Tyson in his debut against a terrible Saints midfield? Hmmmm

CrowsFan

Quote from: My Chumps on March 16, 2014, 01:49:43 PM
Very impressed by Nick Haynes' stuff. Should be a very solid addition to the backline this year.

Captaincy loophole has failed me however with JPK putting a sub-par score along with his teams sub-par performance. Not sure who to turn to know. Daisy? Cooney? Maybe an outsider with Dom Tyson in his debut against a terrible Saints midfield? Hmmmm
Can't give it to Daisy since he is playing today

Jukes

The four players we traded out who've played so far this week have scored 150, "120" (should've been more like 85), 65 and 20 :P

Ward, Jaeger, Dusty good, Vickery and Flossy below expectations, Heater solid.
Steven May 98? #cantwaitforhimtoscore30wheniputhimin

My Chumps

Quote from: Honey Badger on March 16, 2014, 01:54:18 PM

Ah yeah, I forgot WXV wasn't a rolling lockout like SC. Bugger, he was probably my #1 option too.

Might have to go Cooney. I can see him averaging 110 this year with no tagging attention and semi-decent knees.

CrowsFan

Quote from: My Chumps on March 16, 2014, 03:04:26 PM
Quote from: Honey Badger on March 16, 2014, 01:54:18 PM

Ah yeah, I forgot WXV wasn't a rolling lockout like SC. Bugger, he was probably my #1 option too.

Might have to go Cooney. I can see him averaging 110 this year with no tagging attention and semi-decent knees.
Big call considering he has only averaged over 100 once (106), and that was back in 2008

Justin Bieber

Quote from: DazBurg on March 15, 2014, 05:31:22 PM
go big johnny patton :D
Hopefully stays fit this season, could keep his spot in the side easily in that form!

Harbrow, Grundy and Ball all had good matches, let downs were McPharlin and Shiel (the sub) so far. Already behind Magpies by a bit, but we still have quite a few of our top names to come! Young guns for them fired, especially Langdon who we didn't see coming :P.

Purple 77

Cairo looking to upset Dublin?

I don't care what Hardwick says, nice job Conca (99)  :D

Petterd (77) not too bad either really