Round 1 - Eagles v Dogs - March 23rd

Started by Ringo, March 10, 2014, 01:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H1bb3i2d

That's a very tall bench there WEagles...

elephants

Threeeee ruuuucks! Get used to this lads!

Adamant

Any chance of X. Ellis starting as the sub? tossing up whether to take Cunningham's 69 (annoying, should have got 80+ easy) or roll with Xavier...

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Adamant on March 23, 2014, 12:26:18 AM
Any chance of X. Ellis starting as the sub? tossing up whether to take Cunningham's 69 (annoying, should have got 80+ easy) or roll with Xavier...

wait until subs announced like the rest of us mate nobody knows

LF

My take on the Eagles subs
Sinclair Green Nic Nat red or Nic Nat Green Sinclair red
Other way is Sheed in green
Ellis it appears is taking Waters role in the backline so I can't see him being sub

Adamant

Quote from: luvfooty on March 23, 2014, 12:57:40 AM

My take on the Eagles subs
Sinclair Green Nic Nat red or Nic Nat Green Sinclair red
Other way is Sheed in green
Ellis it appears is taking Waters role in the backline so I can't see him being sub

Thanks LF, only asking now as my internet has been up and down over the past couple of days and worried that I won't be able to check the subs/late outs in time. Think I'll back him in.

Mat0369

Where has Bennell been playing? He was used as a sub at the Dees a fair few times so he looks like a possibility, but not knowing his role in the side I wouldn't want to speculate.

LF

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 23, 2014, 01:01:22 AM
Where has Bennell been playing? He was used as a sub at the Dees a fair few times so he looks like a possibility, but not knowing his role in the side I wouldn't want to speculate.

Bennell is playing in the backline named in the back pocket which is where he will play

Mat0369

He was pretty bad at the Dees and didn't have much of a defensive side to his game when he was there. He was more suited to a high half forward role so it will be interesting to see how he goes playing down back.

LF

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 23, 2014, 01:26:50 AM
He was pretty bad at the Dees and didn't have much of a defensive side to his game when he was there. He was more suited to a high half forward role so it will be interesting to see how he goes playing down back.

He played down back in WAFL last season and had some very good numbers he has great speed and was upgraded to senior list because of this(his WAFL performances that is).He has had a great preseason and has well and truly earned his spot in  our round 1 team.

Ricochet

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 23, 2014, 01:26:50 AM
He had a very good year in the backline last year in the WAFL. Can't say I saw much of him at Melbourne but he was quite impressive last year

SydneyRox

cmon nic nat, do those who backed u proud!!

RaisyDaisy

Still surprised that we selected Bennell ahead of a few others, no way I thought he was in our best 22 - hopefully he proves me wrong today

Windigo

Massive Cox needs to score 400 to save my train wreck of an AF team.  :P

Doggoneit

We don't look very tall down back with only Roughead and Morris

Morris will take Kennedy and Rough will take the resting ruckman. If both NicNat and Sinclair both start allowing Darling to play further up the ground we are one tall short.

Will we see a late change with Tom Young coming in to the side?