Round 1 - Eagles v Dogs - March 23rd

Started by Ringo, March 10, 2014, 01:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty00

Mr.Craig

AF: Scooter, Masten, LeCras
DT: Macrae, Higgins

Jazzoskies

cmon Scooter! anything under 100 is not acceptable!

elephants

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 23, 2014, 08:22:52 AM
Still surprised that we selected Bennell ahead of a few others, no way I thought he was in our best 22 - hopefully he proves me wrong today

He's basically the perfect match-up for Dahlhaus. I expect thats what the selection panel were considering when we picked him :)

Mr.Craig

Thought this was starting at 4:40pm eastern not 4:40pm local. :(

Toga

Yeah 7:10 is late as for a Sunday game, probably won't be able to catch the whole thing :(

Doggoneit

Quote from: elephants on March 23, 2014, 03:28:04 PM
Still surprised that we selected Bennell ahead of a few others, no way I thought he was in our best 22 - hopefully he proves me wrong today

He's basically the perfect match-up for Dahlhaus. I expect thats what the selection panel were considering when we picked him :)

Really? must have a high opinion if they think he can quell the grommet. I'd be happy to back Dahl in that match up

elephants

Quote from: Doggoneit on March 23, 2014, 03:36:41 PM
Quote from: elephants on March 23, 2014, 03:28:04 PM

Really? must have a high opinion if they think he can quell the grommet. I'd be happy to back Dahl in that match up

He's the best we have, hence why he was selected. I dont know how he'll go against Dahl. You're a Dogs supporter, right? I would be more concerned about how you get the ball into your forward 50 more than anything else ;)

Doggoneit

Yes I certainly am a Doggies supporter

My concern today is that we have not gone tall enough in the backs.

I'll back our mids against most teams ( although no Griff is a bummer).

I think we showed in the last half of 2013 that we can score when we get the forward structure right we just haven't had a senior key position forward to go to. Crameri will help that no end.

I know you had a number of injuries when we beat you last year but I think we will have improved again - I think this should be a very good game ( quietly confident we can win)

Bill Manspeaker

maaaaaaaan why isn't this on at 4:30? Melbourne time that is.

now it's contending with the cricket. the flower  >:(

elephants

Quote from: Doggoneit on March 23, 2014, 03:53:50 PM
Yes I certainly am a Doggies supporter

My concern today is that we have not gone tall enough in the backs.

I'll back our mids against most teams ( although no Griff is a bummer).

I think we showed in the last half of 2013 that we can score when we get the forward structure right we just haven't had a senior key position forward to go to. Crameri will help that no end.

I know you had a number of injuries when we beat you last year but I think we will have improved again - I think this should be a very good game ( quietly confident we can win)

Your key backs are the reason we're playing three rucks I reckon ;) I am almost certain we'll win this. I'd be willing to give anyone a 25 point line if they wanna dp bet me 8)

kilbluff1985

i thought it was 4:40 Melbourne time also i could have gone back to sleep :'(

CrowsFan

Think you need to get some better sleeping habits KB

elephants

I've been waiting all day to leave for the game. Huuuuurrryyyy uppppp 4.40.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Honey Badger on March 23, 2014, 05:39:20 PM
Think you need to get some better sleeping habits KB

or move to America might be easier