Round 1 - Saints v Demons - March 22nd

Started by Ringo, March 10, 2014, 01:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

That line up is looking a bit more respectable for the Dees this year! Hoping for all you Melbourne supporters that they can get off to a good start this season :)

Purple 77

Quote from: Toga on March 20, 2014, 08:40:31 PM
That line up is looking a bit more respectable for the Dees this year! Hoping for all you Melbourne supporters that they can get off to a good start this season :)

Cheers Toges, would be nice to finally see some success, round 1 or not.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Toga on March 20, 2014, 08:40:31 PM

where's the love for us Saints supporters Toges :P

Toga

Haha you haven't suffered as much as the Dees supporters so far :P

Bill Manspeaker

haha fair enough mate :P hope we don't have to go through what they've been through :-\

Toga

Yeah fingers crossed for you guys, it's no fun - Richmond Lyf :P

Hopefully it's a good game though on Saturday 8)

Bill Manspeaker

hopefully Dunstan kills it for ya Toges 8) hopefully for me aswell ;D

Toga

Yeah absolutely mate, that kid is gonna be a gem I reckon. Good get for your lot!

Danzac

A very mobile looking Demons team. St Kilda look over-matched in nearly every area
Melbourne by at least 30, with the potential for a huge blow out

Purple 77

I am ridiculously nervous about tonight. Ignore what the coaches say, Round 1 means everything, and we all know it.

Nige

I still reckon this could be a close game and that the Saints could get over the line.

The likeliness of it all is low, but I'd be really happy for the Saints if they could do it.

kilbluff1985

all depends on how well Frawley does on NROO he will need to kick 5 for them to have any chance

Danzac

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on March 22, 2014, 12:41:45 PM
all depends on how well Frawley does on NROO he will need to kick 5 for them to have any chance

Who is going to kick it to him?
1st game Dunstan, Savage and Armitage is a sad looking midfield.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Danzac on March 22, 2014, 12:48:24 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on March 22, 2014, 12:41:45 PM

Who is going to kick it to him?
1st game Dunstan, Savage and Armitage is a sad looking midfield.

i wasnt saying he will kick 5 i was saying he will have to for them to win

Hoggyz_a_legend

I'm a St.Kilda supporter who sees the positives of most likely being at the bottom of the ladder at the end of the year- high draft picks, but i fail to see any way that Melbourne could get within 3 goals of us tonight. Their highest goal scorers in this team are Byrnes, Dunn, Vince, N.Jones. Riewoldt has kicked twice as much by himself. Even with their midfield additions, i still don't think Melbourne has anywhere near the scoring power to outscore us. Hickey will dominate the ruck with no Jamar, and our back line will run rampant with no truly dangerous forwards to mind. Dees on the other hand have Rooey, Maister and Stanley to contend with. Stacks better than Fitzpatrick, Pedersen and Howe. Plus with the new clearance king in Dunstan, we should get first use of the ball more often than not. Don't get me wrong- Melbourne is heading in the right direction, I just cannot see any way that they can beat a team who they haven't beaten for 8 years at a ground they haven't won for 16 games against a team with the best CHF since Carey.

Saints by 28.