Round 1 - Hawks v Lions - March 22nd

Started by Ringo, March 10, 2014, 01:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel123

6 of my guns played for a mere 493 today NOT IMPRESSED BOYS

Mat0369

You gotta back him in and just hope the coach doesn't get him to tag all season. If Raines comes in you would expect him to have a more offensive role in the side. He also showed you exactly what he is capable of in the first quarter. I would have started with Jobe ahead of him but I wouldn't be bringing in Cotchin or Libba on 1 game

no eye deer

Not a good game for me. Rock 95, Mitch 84, Langford 77 (benched instead of McD) and Suckling 72.

no eye deer

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 22, 2014, 07:46:42 PM
You gotta back him in and just hope the coach doesn't get him to tag all season. If Raines comes in you would expect him to have a more offensive role in the side. He also showed you exactly what he is capable of in the first quarter. I would have started with Jobe ahead of him but I wouldn't be bringing in Cotchin or Libba on 1 game

Talking about Rocky right? Why would you trade out a premium after one game? Surely Leppitch wouldn't waste him tagging every week? Has the whole footy world gone crazy? Round one does this every year.

But I love it! Haha!

Ringo

Interesting - Down on Rocky but very few down on Mitchell who scored less. How many noticed that Mitchell drew Rocky further back after the first quarter an obvious decision made at 1/4 time.

From a Brisbane perspective very encouraging signs for the year. Couple of observations though

1. We still can niot buy a free kick Favoured Hawthorn 18-12 and still yet to win a free kick count when McInerney is an umpire. I observed at lease 5 free kicks in the third and last quarters that should have been paid but were not.
2. Kicking has not improved - We are still very wayward with shots on goal. A couple missed in third quarter were crucial when we may have been in front.

Mat0369

Quote from: no eye deer on March 22, 2014, 07:51:52 PM
Talking about Rocky right? Why would you trade out a premium after one game? Surely Leppitch wouldn't waste him tagging every week? Has the whole footy world gone crazy? Round one does this every year.

But I love it! Haha!

Yup, was in response to this
Quote from: Daniel123 on March 22, 2014, 07:45:31 PM
You think hes worth hes keep of flick him to cotch or Watson or Libba etc

Quote from: Ringo on March 22, 2014, 08:18:21 PM
Interesting - Down on Rocky but very few down on Mitchell who scored less. How many noticed that Mitchell drew Rocky further back after the first quarter an obvious decision made at 1/4 time.

There are 2 reasons for this is that

1. Rockliff is picked as a premium mid and you want him pushing a 110+ average at his price, Mitchell on the other hand would have been picked as a defender. Most premo defenders in years past averaged around the 100 mark, both were about 15 points off that marker but that leads to my next point
2. Rockliff spent tons of time up forward and was tagging. One of the major crosses against Rockliff as a mid only the last couple of seasons was the amount of time spent up forward effecting his scores. Most of that time spent down forward was in a defensive role which is not very SC friendly so I can see why people would be down on his performance compared to Mitchell.  I can't see him tagging Selwood next week and you would expect him to spend most of the game in the middle against the Cats, but if he does play that role again a lot of people would be spewing they picked him.

kilbluff1985

i think Mitchell took Rocky down into defense not that Rocky chose/Was told to player there pretty annoying cost me some $$

Money

I'm now considering trading Rocky to Barlow, do you think he'll keep tagging? Did JL say anything in the press conference about him?

stew42

Flower, what a shower fantasy game. I hope the coaches have a long hard look at themselves  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
:'(