Round 1 - Cats v Crows - March 20

Started by Ringo, March 10, 2014, 01:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny

Yeah I might do that man. Not sure. I had a think about it and I figured there is no way they will just leave Simpson out. I think I'll start with Leuy. HMac will probably be up and down.

With NicNat, good pick but they said it's very possible he'll be subbed out so that worries me. With Doggies missing Griffen possibly and their only decent ruck in Minson. Eagles could rape meaning NicNat might be subbed early? Just a scenario.

I'd rather go Leuy but Goldy if currie wasn't named which he is.

Cox will not average aswell with NicNat.

Bully

Quote from: eaglesman on March 19, 2014, 07:15:50 PM
Quote from: Vinny on March 19, 2014, 07:11:43 PM
Do you reckon it would be okay to hold 350k after getting HMac and reassess next week or the week after?

Would it not be better going with a proven scorer who you are confident will post you a decent result each week and then if HMAC fires and is set to soar in price trading down to him  to cash in .... obviously by doing this you burn a trade compared to your idea but you do not lose the potential to score those points by picking a proven ruck ?

I am considering doing this with Nic Nat/Cox ... I duno what do you think ?

By picking Hmac you are buying into the all the mid-pricers. Hickey & Hampson will all come into the equation if he fails to fire.

tor01doc

And vice versa, ie pickey Hickey -> fallback HMac.

Vinny

But say you pick HMac, he doesn't fire. Then that's one trade you go to Hickey or Hampson or whatever.

Maric returns..Hampson scores drop. Another trade.
Hickey drops for whatever reason..Longer comes in or he isn't close to a Top 3 ruck.. another trade.

that's possibly two trades.

I think Sandi will be my risk for now but I'm starting to think he is no risk at all.

But I might change my mind Idk

Anthonyyyy

argh Hmac is coming into consideration arghhhh

Bully

Maric won't be back for another 6 weeks minimum. Plenty of time to make significant $$$$.

Vinny

Well if you have him now then well done and that's good as for you but if you don't.

That's one trade to bring him in then one more later for upgrading him when Maric returns.

2 for that.

Not worth it for me!

eaglesman

Yeah I am just gonna stay with Big Boy

Vinny

Stoked to see Jaensch named, I like him. Also good for XV reasons.

Knowall

Quote from: HotTiges on March 19, 2014, 06:46:13 PM
Brodie Martin named.. Will tempt people more..
He was always going to play.  Those who really have confidence in that pick have had him in the last two weeks. 

cotch9

How good is McCarthy's job security should he pay enough games to get a decent price rise?

Grufflez

Quote from: cotch9 on March 19, 2014, 07:58:17 PM
How good is McCarthy's job security should he pay enough games to get a decent price rise?

McCarthy vs JHK is the question for me...McCarthy didn't score well during nab...hmmmm do i learn from the Laider affair? go with the rookie named?

Ricochet

It's pretty good mate. They really rate him down at Geelong and with Motlop and Christensen out for a while he should play long enough to get a nice price rise

Footyrulz

Quote from: cotch9 on March 19, 2014, 07:58:17 PM
Should have good JS until Motlop returns. Big sub candidate and won't score very well though.

cotch9

For me its Roughy and Aish vs Libba and McCarthy

Although if I go with option 2 I am left with Rohan at fwd 5