Main Menu

Round 1 Discussion

Started by quinny88, March 10, 2014, 12:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Haha fair enough. I've been quite impressed with Az though, reckon he's pretty stiff to miss out (even though competition is tight for his spot)... Has shown he can take a mark, kick a goal and his defensive work is pretty reasonable also.

Nige

Quote from: Toga on March 13, 2014, 10:15:01 PM
Haha fair enough. I've been quite impressed with Az though, reckon he's pretty stiff to miss out (even though competition is tight for his spot)... Has shown he can take a mark, kick a goal and his defensive work is pretty reasonable also.
There's definitely cases to be made for a number of players who have missed out.

I'll put my faith in Dimma!  8)

quinny88

Knights isnt fit yet boys, he would be too underdone. Played his first minutes just last week.
Petterd is an interesting one. Think he gets a bit cute with it sometimes but dont mind him.
Pretty happy with the side round! Tiges by 20

Toga

Suns played very well tonight, full credit to them. Cotch & Lids probably couldn't have done much more as leaders of the club, they were outstanding I thought, but I think our small forwards were really lacking tonight.

Wouldn't mind seeing Sammy Lloyd and Jake King come in next week, maybe at the expense of Foley & Petterd... Vickery was flowering hopeless as well, might need a few weeks to get his form back as he was just horrible tonight I thought.

Nige

Subbing off Griff instead of Ty was the wrong move, and Foley didn't work as the sub.

Tank was outstanding though.  8)

Kellogscrunchynut

Maybe Griffiths had nothing left in the tank.

Nige

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on March 15, 2014, 11:12:59 PM
Probably still could have offered more than Ty did.

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: NigeyS on March 15, 2014, 11:14:02 PM
Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on March 15, 2014, 11:12:59 PM
Probably still could have offered more than Ty did.
Could have stood in the square and taken a grab which is heaps more than I can say for Vickery.

Toga

Yeah exactly, could have at least stood in front of his player which Vickery seemed to be unable to do :-\

It seemed like the Suns were just too good rebounding about 30-40m out from our goals, and I think it was a combination of Vickery being unable to contest/play in front of his man and also that our smalls up front were a bit lacking in contesting the ball at ground level.

On another note I really liked Hampson's ruck work tonight!

Nige

Quote from: Toga on March 15, 2014, 11:20:53 PM
Yeah exactly, could have at least stood in front of his player which Vickery seemed to be unable to do :-\

It seemed like the Suns were just too good rebounding about 30-40m out from our goals, and I think it was a combination of Vickery being unable to contest/play in front of his man and also that our smalls up front were a bit lacking in contesting the ball at ground level.

On another note I really liked Hampson's ruck work tonight!
The new ruck rules seem to be good for Hammer's game.

LaHug

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-03-16/coach-report-damien-hardwick

Pretty fair summary from Dimma. Particularly agree with the notion that Ellis and Vickery were poor. Conca seemed ok from what I saw but definitely far from his best too. Very disappointing in a game we really could have won. When we got the lead in the 4th, it was our game to lose... and we lost it.

Toga

Yeah I also thought Conca was alright last night as well, thought he had something like 8 clearances?

But yeah didn't really see Ellis all night which was unexpected as I thought he would be prominent after how he finished last year... And I'll say it again, Vickery was just... Ugh, no I can't say it :P

Does Vickery get a week off? Hampson & Griffiths performed alright so think he was the worst of our talls, open up a spot for McBean to have a go?

Jroo

Quote from: Toga on March 16, 2014, 02:19:49 PM
Yeah I also thought Conca was alright last night as well, thought he had something like 8 clearances?

But yeah didn't really see Ellis all night which was unexpected as I thought he would be prominent after how he finished last year... And I'll say it again, Vickery was just... Ugh, no I can't say it :P

Does Vickery get a week off? Hampson & Griffiths performed alright so think he was the worst of our talls, open up a spot for McBean to have a go?
Don't think McBean is ready as yet, give him more time.
Azza could come in?
I think we need a small crumbling forward in Lloyd or King, for next round.

Toga

Yeah good point Jroo, considering Az kicked 6 in the ressies he is a good chance to come in.

Yeah as I said I think our small forwards were really lacking so wouldn't be surprised to see Lloyd and King in, maybe at the expense of Foley & Petterd who I thought were pretty unimpressive last night.

Nige

Foley for Nippa, pls Dimma.

Az for Ty, should happen... probably won't.