Finally made my first team attempt for the round 1 freebie. Thoughts?

Started by LaHug, March 09, 2014, 05:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

(Thumbs down icon because I have no idea what I'm doing right now...)

Money

Bock nor Taylor will play R1, maybe drop a mid premo and upgrade them

LaHug

Quote from: Money on March 09, 2014, 07:07:31 PM

Bummer. Had a feeling Bock probably wouldn't but hadn't heard the same for Taylor. Just a bit of evidence that I know nothing about rookies...

Any good mid rooks? Could downgrade Ellis to a rook and upgrade one of the forward rooks turning the other into a different forward rook.

Money

Quote from: LaHug on March 09, 2014, 07:30:30 PM

Bummer. Had a feeling Bock probably wouldn't but hadn't heard the same for Taylor. Just a bit of evidence that I know nothing about rookies...

Any good mid rooks? Could downgrade Ellis to a rook and upgrade one of the forward rooks turning the other into a different forward rook.

Lukey Dunstan, Tyson or Michie are all solid options

LaHug

Quote from: Money on March 09, 2014, 07:45:31 PM
Quote from: LaHug on March 09, 2014, 07:30:30 PM

Lukey Dunstan, Tyson or Michie are all solid options

Already got Tyson but I'll look at the other two. Cheers mate!

LaHug

Left or right for free round 1?

Left vs. right:

+20: Hanley hasn't been amazing against the Hawks (although an 83 last year was good) while Hodge kills the Lions.
+45: Watson over Michie could, very realistically, be a +50 gain (around 115-120 vs. 65-70).
-20: Hampson dramatically underpriced as the no. 1 ruck but still much worse than McEvoy.
-30: Higgins obviously a big downgrade from Riewoldt. Something like 80ish vs. a realistic 110.

From my thoughts, should be a 15 point win to the left but I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Mr.Craig

LaHug

Quote from: Mr.Craig on March 12, 2014, 05:48:07 PM
First team and I'd suggest Barlow or Masten ahead of Rocky.
Not liking Barlow for round 1 at all and haven't looked at Masten yet. Was thinking Scooter over Rocky, personally, but not sure.
Scratch that, Scooter's too expensive. I'll look at Masten.

Mr.Craig

Any reason for not feeling Barlow? Average of 113 vs Collingwood with a low of 87, average at Etihad is a little up and down but the last score can be discounted given Freo left most of their team at home, solid pre season...

LaHug

Quote from: Mr.Craig on March 12, 2014, 06:09:00 PM
Any reason for not feeling Barlow? Average of 113 vs Collingwood with a low of 87, average at Etihad is a little up and down but the last score can be discounted given Freo left most of their team at home, solid pre season...

Basically, I don't think he's that great at Etihad. Average of 113 against Collingwood is warped by his huge 146 four years ago. Take out that one and he's only 102 against them in his last three. His huge first year of DT also warps his Etihad record but, even including it, he's only tonned up 5 times out of 12. 6 out of 12 below 90 and 3 below 80 (that's 1/4 of his games there) is just not reliable. So I'm not counting him out entirely, but I'd say there's a slightly greater than 50% chance he misses the ton!