Main Menu

Eagle Newman to do time. Would you do the same?

Started by tor01doc, March 08, 2014, 01:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tor01doc

Even though I am a lover and not a fighter, I would be sorely tempted to punch even you if you slept with my missus.

Judd Magic

Quote from: tor01doc on March 08, 2014, 01:14:26 AM
Even though I am a lover and not a fighter, I would be sorely tempted to punch even you if you slept with my missus.

How long did he get?

LF

Spite

They were on a break from the relationship at the time so the other guy probably thought he just slept with a random single girl and then gets all these death threats?

Grazz

To be honest if your girlfriend shags someone else then she aint worth the effort.

Ziplock

Quote from: Spite on March 08, 2014, 02:48:25 PM
They were on a break from the relationship at the time so the other guy probably thought he just slept with a random single girl and then gets all these death threats?

Newman was acting like a child.

elephants

Quote from: Ziplock on March 08, 2014, 07:21:21 PM
Quote from: Spite on March 08, 2014, 02:48:25 PM

Newman was acting like a child.

At 18/19 he basically was one :P unfortunately for him not in the eyes of the court.

There's a lot of truth in what Grazza said everyone. Check it.

Ziplock

Well, she wasn't really his girlfriend at the time.

I kind of wish he hadn't copped jail time for it, and would have definitely preferred an outcome when the guy who got punched ended up kicking his ass :P

Ricochet

Be careful what you say fellas. You won't know the full story and some people might know him

Ziplock

Quote from: Ricochet on March 09, 2014, 11:10:36 AM
Be careful what you say fellas. You won't know the full story and some people might know him

Yeah, I really don't care though.

The way I'm hearing it is that Newman/ gf were on a break from the relationship, so he got pissed off at some guy for sleeping with someone who wasn't his girlfriend and then broke his jaw. That's just a childish response. Even if they had still been dating, you don't own your partner- if they're cheating on you, it's first and foremost their fault (albeit, I don't know the guy who got hit and what his relationship to newman was, or if he was just a random) not who they're cheating with.

Moot point since they weren't dating at the time though.

That being said, I didn't articulate myself properly- a situation like this I would have preferred to have seen resolved between the two guys if it had to have been, some way or another. And it probably would have been, if newman hadn't unfortunately broken the bloke's jaw.

Point is, you don't send death threats to someone for sleeping with a person who you weren't currently dating, then send them to hospital. It was just flowering stupid. 

Ricochet

I'm not going to get into this further but what has come out in the media isn't the complete truth. It wasn't a one punch situation and Newman wasn't unprovoked. I definitely don't support what he did though but the his sentence wasn't fair.

Ziplock

Quote from: Ricochet on March 09, 2014, 01:35:05 PM
I'm not going to get into this further but what has come out in the media isn't the complete truth. It wasn't a one punch situation and Newman wasn't unprovoked. I definitely don't support what he did though but the his sentence wasn't fair.

Yeah, I don't doubt any of that, honestly he's just unlucky the guys jaw got broken, and that he'd sent those messages. If either one of those things hadn't have happened he probably would have gotten assault and a much lighter penalty.