Cardiomegaly

Started by jvalles69, March 05, 2014, 07:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

Ok, my team is slowly getting settled so apart from rooks who might change depending on being named or not, please give me some constructive feedback!  This is my team starting round 2...round 1 team is completely different!  8)

Def: McVeigh, Mitchell, Swallow, Suckling, McDonald, S. Shaw (Langdon, Laidler)
Mids: Swan, Rockliff, Masten, Cotchin, Beams, Thomas, Polec, Ellis (Tyson, Dunstan)
Ruc: Cox, Sandi (Derrickx, Currie)
Fwd: Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Pavlich, Caddy, Nahas (Rohan, Kennedy-Harris)

$38,200 left in the bank

thefuzz

Quote from: jvalles69 on March 05, 2014, 07:34:34 PM
Ok, my team is slowly getting settled so apart from rooks who might change depending on being named or not, please give me some constructive feedback!  This is my team starting round 2...round 1 team is completely different!  8)

Mids: Swan, Rockliff, Masten, Cotchin, Beams, Thomas, Polec, Ellis (Tyson, Dunstan)
Fwd: Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Pavlich, Caddy, Nahas (Rohan, Kennedy-Harris)

$38,200 left in the bank
Perfect, except for Nahas, I can't see him getting regular (vest free) games.
I prefer Michie to Dunstan slightly.
I'm really tossing up having Shaw on the field or not hey, saves a lot of cash to be used elsewhere.

jvalles69

Quote from: thefuzz on March 05, 2014, 08:37:29 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on March 05, 2014, 07:34:34 PM

$38,200 left in the bank
Perfect, except for Nahas, I can't see him getting regular (vest free) games.
I prefer Michie to Dunstan slightly.
I'm really tossing up having Shaw on the field or not hey, saves a lot of cash to be used elsewhere.

Cheers mate.  Funnily I'm tossing up between Michie and and Dunstan and looking anywhere to find a replacement for nahas!  Great minds.  With the Shaw issue, I was toying with Brodie Martin instead to free up some cash but it depends on his JS and he's only priced at 150k.

jvalles69

I take it my team is next to perfect and I am going to win DT this year from the lack of critcism apart from thefuzz'?  :P

Seriosuly, trading is going to be so crucial this year, if you have nothing to do with your trades for the week, best option is to trade out your two worst scoring premo's for that week and put in two guys who should score big that week, but I guess that also causes problems with team structure especially around byes.

Boofhead

I would say Nahas is the only glaringly obvious issue...

jvalles69

Quote from: Boofhead on March 06, 2014, 05:28:08 PM
I would say Nahas is the only glaringly obvious issue...

But who???

Boofhead

maybe look to downgrade cox to obtain extra cash to allow you to upgrade nahas to a better foward? Maybe wright?

jvalles69

Quote from: Boofhead on March 06, 2014, 07:25:49 PM
maybe look to downgrade cox to obtain extra cash to allow you to upgrade nahas to a better foward? Maybe wright?

I don't trust Wright and I am considering downgrading Cox to maybe Sauce.  Would like to squeeze in one of Darling or Dahlhaus to be honest as a bit of a high risk high rewards I reckon, but will prob end up playing it conservatively.

jvalles69

Considering making some moves.  Cox -> Sauce, Pav -> Dalhaus, Masten -> Barlow and Cotchin -> Liberatore

jvalles69

My team currently looks like this now.  Changes are in red, plus have $68,700 in the bank to chop and change with rooks depending on who's named.

Def: McVeigh, Mitchell, Swallow, Suckling, McDonald, Giorgiou (Langdon, Laidler)
Mids: Swan, Rockliff, Boyd, Stanton, Beams, Thomas, Polec, Ellis (Tyson, Michie)
Ruc: Jacobs, Sandi (Derrickx, Currie)
Fwd: Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Higgins, Caddy, Dahlhaus (Rohan, Kennedy-Harris)

Comments please.  :)

jvalles69

My current round 2 team, after getting a good start in the free hit round.

Backs: McVeigh, Enright, Birchall, Swallow, Suckling, Langdon (Langford, Giorgiou)
Mids: Ablett, Pendlebury, Watson, Cotchin, Beams, Shiels, Tyson, Dunstan (Polec, Ellis)
Rucks: Jacobs, Sandi (Derrickx, Currie)
Fwds: NRoo, Martin, Parker, Dahlhaus, Caddy, Rohan (McDonough, Ambrose)

59k in the kitty. Ranked #1320 overall.

Give me some feedback people, I'm making a run to the top! :)

Dasherman

Good solid team.....only slight improvement would be an upgrade to Rohan on field but with a 1320 ranking who am I to judge

jvalles69

Quote from: Dasherman on March 25, 2014, 09:34:23 PM
Good solid team.....only slight improvement would be an upgrade to Rohan on field but with a 1320 ranking who am I to judge

Yep, I fixed that a few mins later.  ;)

LF

Nice team
Not sold on Jacobs just yet but he could turn out fine
Might need to rethink McDonough now he isn`t named maybe trade him to McCarthy
And Dahlhaus is a massive risk can you not use some of that cash left to maybe upgrade him?

jvalles69

Quote from: luvfooty on March 26, 2014, 08:21:22 PM
Nice team
Not sold on Jacobs just yet but he could turn out fine
Might need to rethink McDonough now he isn`t named maybe trade him to McCarthy
And Dahlhaus is a massive risk can you not use some of that cash left to maybe upgrade him?

I've managed to upgrade McDonough to Danger so my fwd line is solid.

For Jacobs price I think he will at least rise another 80k and give me a solid 85-110 pts per week.

Dahlhaus is a risk but not as big as some people think, I wanted one of Dahl, Gunston and Darling and have decided on Dahl because out of the 3 he is the least likely to not go missing in games for periods of time.