watson vs rockliff vs fyfe

Started by newguy99, March 04, 2014, 09:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newguy99

im a long time follower first time poster.
which one do you guys recommend  ;D

Jackross10

GoLions

Watson and Rockliff will average around the same I reckon, but ASADA crap still not over so I would prefer Rocky. Fyfe's disposal efficiency is very poor which prevents him from being able to match it with the very best in SC.

North Melbournes Finest

newguy99

what about josh kennedy? not in very many teams could be a good pod

nperera95

Rockliff. Will average above 115  8)

Vinny

Rocky to be pretty much on par with Pendles/Selwood.

tor01doc

Have you seen Rockliff's draw. Ave 104 last year vs first 9 teams they play this year and that is inflated by a 147 and a 166 vs NM and St K respectively.

I guess other teams will pretty much not tag him since he is so good and go to Hanley like everyone says so sure - 120 plus.  ::)

Vinny

Haha it was a huge call Doc and it probably won't happen.

Rich and Hanley will still get tagged ahead of Rocky IMO.

Pretty sure Rocky averaged HUGE numbers after being played in the middle and to think that he can be a Top midfielder playing there for half a year.

I can see him going nuts, he is only 23 aswell.

Tigersmate!

Thanks for the help so far guys :)

RaisyDaisy

I swear I've seen this thread before...  :P

Welcome to FF mate!

Rocky has a huge following here on FF, so prob him :)

GoLions

Quote from: tor01doc on March 04, 2014, 09:54:12 PM
Have you seen Rockliff's draw. Ave 104 last year vs first 9 teams they play this year and that is inflated by a 147 and a 166 vs NM and St K respectively.

I guess other teams will pretty much not tag him since he is so good and go to Hanley like everyone says so sure - 120 plus.  ::)
He spent a lot of time forward against the teams we play before the bye. Fact of the matter is that in the last 9 games (when he was played as a pure mid) he didn't go under 100 once. 3 scores over 145, and would've gone 150+ against the Cats if we had've won the match.

Also, you can't say his average was inflated by those scores as he can go big more than once or twice. Had 7 scores of 120+ last year, no doubt that number would be larger if he wasn't played in the forward line so much.

HotTiges

Quote from: GoLions16 on March 04, 2014, 10:10:13 PM
Quote from: tor01doc on March 04, 2014, 09:54:12 PM

He spent a lot of time forward against the teams we play before the bye. Fact of the matter is that in the last 9 games (when he was played as a pure mid) he didn't go under 100 once. 3 scores over 145, and would've gone 150+ against the Cats if we had've won the match.

Also, you can't say his average was inflated by those scores as he can go big more than once or twice. Had 7 scores of 120+ last year, no doubt that number would be larger if he wasn't played in the forward line so much.

Ya guys a gun. Had a thigh injury last year which slowed him and I think that also caused him to be played fwd. as a pure mid he is a superstar.. Cannot go wrong picking him even against the gun team. Watson I can never be able to pick him for some reason..or start with him.. One year it was after the hammy issues the next was round 24 bye and last year ASADA..

Doggoneit

Tough call on these guys

Watson is the most proven but I am worried with the ASADA shower.

Rocky - I picked him as my Brownlow smokey last year - if only he picked up a few votes early on. He is ready to rock'n'roll. My concern is new coach, new game plan, loss if fringe depth players.

I've actually been tossing the above 2 around for a while and still not sure who I'll lock in.

Fyfe - very good player but not as proven and as stated in previous posts has a low DE

JJK - a consistent premium scorer - battled groin issues last year - expecting him to get back to his 2012 form BUT lots of very good mids in the swans and they share the points around.

If it wasn't for ASADA Jobe would be the safest bet but you cant go to far wrong with any of them.

Tigersmate!

I've been tossing up between these guys for a while. I had Watson but as soon as I heard of the drugs stuff again, I started leaning towards rocky. But who knows yet