Another combo poll for Doc

Started by Blues Blues Blues, March 04, 2014, 05:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blues Blues Blues

GoLions

Option 2. I can't justify spending 530k on Wingard when there's so many cheaper options like Parker, Mitchell, Buddy, Pav, etc. Also Higgins is very injury prone, as opposed to Caddy who should score solidly and make some cash with not as much risk involved.

auscoyote

GCSkiwi

Nothing personal blues cubed, but if I say this to one person I would say it to all: Posting a poll asking people to pick a combo without putting in your own thoughts really grinds my gears. I'm sure people are tossing up different combo's and that's fine, but there's a reason why you're tossing up these players. Why not say it? There was another user blues123 (coincidently) who was doing the same thing, effectively it became "pick my team 1 position at a time". I have no problem with polls and I think by and large the community here is excellent and should not be intimidating. But, for the love of god, if you're after input from other coaches, why not give yours first?

It's really not hard to put some effort into the post, like "Wingard looked really good last season but I'm concerned that was flash in the pan, on the other hand there is Titchell who also looked really good, is cheaper, but maybe will suffer 2nd year blues. It also affects my F5, if I go with Wingard I would be looking at the perennial heartbreaker Missy Higgins, whereas with Titchell I could afford breakout candidate Caddy. I'm really not sure which is a better combination, thoughts welcomed."

So, with that rant done, I agree option 2 is the better choice, even bettterererrerererrerer if it's Pav/Buddy+Caddy ;)

Danzac

You could offer me an option with Gaz, Pendles and Danger in it, but if it has Higgins on the end I'm not picking it  ;D

Ziplock

Quote from: GCSkiwi on March 04, 2014, 06:25:57 PM
Nothing personal blues cubed, but if I say this to one person I would say it to all: Posting a poll asking people to pick a combo without putting in your own thoughts really grinds my gears. I'm sure people are tossing up different combo's and that's fine, but there's a reason why you're tossing up these players. Why not say it? There was another user blues123 (coincidently) who was doing the same thing, effectively it became "pick my team 1 position at a time". I have no problem with polls and I think by and large the community here is excellent and should not be intimidating. But, for the love of god, if you're after input from other coaches, why not give yours first?

It's really not hard to put some effort into the post, like "Wingard looked really good last season but I'm concerned that was flash in the pan, on the other hand there is Titchell who also looked really good, is cheaper, but maybe will suffer 2nd year blues. It also affects my F5, if I go with Wingard I would be looking at the perennial heartbreaker Missy Higgins, whereas with Titchell I could afford breakout candidate Caddy. I'm really not sure which is a better combination, thoughts welcomed."

So, with that rant done, I agree option 2 is the better choice, even bettterererrerererrerer if it's Pav/Buddy+Caddy ;)