Main Menu

Lynden Dunn

Started by hawkers65, March 04, 2014, 04:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkers65

Thoughts on Dunn? Currently sitting as D4 for me.

Dunn ended last season in terrific form, with only R.Murphy, McVeigh and Simpson recording more Champion Data rankling points of the general defenders from round 16 onwards. After tagging in the midfield earlier in the season, he settled into defense, where he rated elite for spoils, above average for intercept marks, intercept possessions, tackles and pressure applied. He excelled in defensive one-on-ones, with only Chaplin and Taylor recording a lower losing percentage of the top 50. He was also only out marked by his opponent once, which was Ayce Cordy... Dunn was also an elite defensive-half pressure player, averaging the 5th most pressure acts of any player in the league who played at least 5 games.

From Rounds 16 onwards which Dunn featured in this 'general defender' role, he had scores of 109, 78, 113, 56, 87, 119, 129 and 86 for an average of 97.1! In the NAB cup which featured Paul Roos' new possession style footy, Dunn had scores of 97 and 110 for an average of 103.5!

Thoughts on him as a cheap D4 instead of the far more common D.Swallow (showerty bye) and Grimes (questionable durability/role)??? Currently, like i said, i've locked him in at D4 ATM and proud to be apart of the 0.4% to do so!

Would love some opinions on this bloke
Cheers Hawkers!

Jroo

He would be a MASSIVE POD. As a D4, he wouldn't be a bad option. As long as he plays the same role he should score well.

Jezza249

I reckon at D4 either brodie smith or swallow will score better

ben_020285

Could be a really good pick this year. As stated, he has played a very SC friendly role during NAB off half-back. I am expecting this to continue during the season proper.

The good thing about Dunny is he is an elite user of the footy too so he doesn't need a stack of the footy to get a high SC score.

I prefer Grimes as my D4 but wouldn't be suprised if Dunn averages just as much as Grimes or more.

RaisyDaisy

I've mentioned this guy a few times in other threads, and really do feel like he is a legitimate option

I will pick the rest of my team, and if I cant afford a 500k defender, then I will grab him

Happy to take a risk or two - worst case scenario we trade him out, but for me I will pick because I need the extra cash elsewhere. If I don't need the cash I wont pick him

rebird

In my team briefly then traded to Bugg. Will be interesting to see how the Melbourne game plan matures when the two tall leading forwards return - after Roos's comment.