Please RATE my AF

Started by rweeks, March 04, 2014, 01:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rweeks

Def: S.Mitchell, P.Hanley, G.Birchall, D.Swallow, M.Suckling, L.McDonald (A.Georgiou, J.Laidler)
Mids: Swan, Ablett, T.Rockliff, T.Cotchin, D.Beams, D.Thomas, D.Tyson, V.Michie (X.Ellis, J.Polec)
Rucks: B.Grundy, A. Sandilands (D.Currie, F.Thurlow)
Fwd: P.Dangerfield. D.Martin, T.Mitchell, L.Parker, S.Higgins, G.Rohan (L.McCarthy,D.Markworth)

Cash left $26,600
Any help would be appreciated

kruzerrr

Great team, one of the better ones that i have seen on here.
Personally im not a luke parker fan this year, and I would prefer maybe Charley Dixon if you could afford him.
broadie Grundy could also be a bit inconsistent at this stage of his career, but i think he can make you some money before you trade him.
A rate back would be appreciated

thefuzz

Quote from: rweeks on March 04, 2014, 01:03:59 PM
Def: S.Mitchell, P.Hanley, G.Birchall, D.Swallow, M.Suckling, L.McDonald (A.Georgiou, J.Laidler)
Mids: Swan, Ablett, T.Rockliff, T.Cotchin, D.Beams, D.Thomas, D.Tyson, V.Michie (X.Ellis, J.Polec)
Fwd: P.Dangerfield. D.Martin, T.Mitchell, L.Parker, S.Higgins, G.Rohan (L.McCarthy,D.Markworth)

Cash left $26,600
McVeigh>Smitchell.
Birchall is slightly injured and hasn't played NAB yet which has me worried, but if he fires this coming game I might put him back into my team.
Try and get S. Shaw over Laidler; he should have better JS I think.
I don't think Grundy is up for the challenge this year (Sandi will smash him in round 1 especially)

rweeks

I will try and find someone else if Laidler doesn't play. I don't see the point of having $197k on the bench for S.Shaw when the money could be invested on the field. I'm not to happy having Grundy on the field, but will see how he tracks and hopefully make a bit of money on him. Dixon is to up and down.

stew42

Parker will get a 90 average, mark my words... Dixon will not ruck much at all this year, and I'm expecting him to drop in average.

rweeks

Thank you Stew, exactly what I was thinking

Alka

Quote from: rweeks on March 06, 2014, 02:33:53 PM
I will try and find someone else if Laidler doesn't play. I don't see the point of having $197k on the bench for S.Shaw when the money could be invested on the field. I'm not to happy having Grundy on the field, but will see how he tracks and hopefully make a bit of money on him. Dixon is to up and down.

Yeah don't overspend for bench players. I wouldn't spend any higher than Laidlers price tag for a D8.

I agree that McVeigh > Smitch though, but it's all rather close to call. Otherwise, I really like your team except... Higgins. I've also got him, but only because I was stumped on other options for F5 under 300k. I'm not sure about the risk - is the pay off really that great?

Boofhead

I think people need to be spending more than they are on R1, Grundy could be a big flop this season i recon..

rweeks

I think the pay off will be great as Higgins can score 100's. Who else is around $300k or under who can score 100's?? McVeigh and Mitchell is very close, so elected to go for the cheaper player. I'm not happy with Grundy and could be a flop, but am taking the risk as don't want to downgrade any of my forwards or midfielders.

rweeks

I have now changed from G.Birchall to K.Simpson.
Thoughts??

Virus

Grundy will run sandi off his feet... Im sure grundy running to FF as a target will mean freo will need to be playing defense from the word go.

rweeks

My Round 2 team:
Def: S.Mitchell, C.Enright, D.Swallow, M.Suckling, M.Jaensch T.Langdon (A.Georgiou, W.Langford)
Mids: Ablett,S.Pendlebury, J.Selwood, T.Cotchin, D.Beams, O.Wines, D.Ellard, D.Tyson(X.Ellis, J.Polec)
Fwd: D.Martin, T.Mitchell, C.Wingard, L.Parker, J.Caddy, S.Higgins(G.Rohan,P.Ambrose)

Cash left $18,400

Mr.Craig

Jaensch is the one that sticks out most there. I have heard the talk about a new role and this and that but I'm not sold.

Not crazy about Grundy at R1 either but if you're comfortable with it that's all that counts.

rweeks

They will make money Mr. Craig. Jaensch averaged over 80 in pre season and scored 89 against Geelong. Grundy i'm not happy with, but will make money as well and will upgrade during the year.