Will Trent West affect Leuenbergers ruck time?

Started by BigMac93, March 03, 2014, 08:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMac93

Given the uncertainty around Nic Nat I am keen to get Leuey at R1 but the only thing holding me back is that he might share the ruck load with West which he has not done in previous seasons which I think may affect his time in the ruck, and his scores.

Lions fans, do you think West will fit into the best 22 or is he more of a depth player? Also am I the only one who has doubts over Leuenberger because of this?

GoLions

Leppitch has stated that he wants to play 2 rucks, so West is just about a lock for our starting 22. This will mean less ruck time for Leuey, however he will be rested forward when he's not in the ruck, and usually has a knack for kicking goals up forward. So I think he will actually increase his scores by a few ppg.

HotTiges

Agree. Leuy is a star. Goals, Hitouts, Possies around the ground.. More on the lions, where's Jackson Paine at??

GoLions

Quote from: HotTiges on March 03, 2014, 09:34:03 PM
Agree. Leuy is a star. Goals, Hitouts, Possies around the ground.. More on the lions, where's Jackson Paine at??
Was probably fighting with Lisle and McGuane for a spot in the side, and with McGuane really impressing in the NAB and at training I can't see Paine getting any games early on. Perhaps later in the year if injuries strike or Browny is rested.