What would be a good first week score

Started by nopies4u, March 03, 2014, 07:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nopies4u

What would be a good first week score? I have conservatively estimated that I will score about 2200 in the first few weeks with the side i have picked. but i have only 3 mid prems with five centre upgrades needed to field a full centre line. I would like to stay up high in the overall (of course). Would i be giving away too big a start starting with this strategy. On the bright side i only have to make 1 forward . 1 ruck and 2 backline upgrades to get a full side. Am i giving away too many points to start off with? My C4 is Dom tyson....

GoldDigger

Everyone else should quit - you have the $50,000 in the bag already!

colmullet

scored 2400 first round last year.......and didn't beat it again till the last round of the season.......if that happens again i won't be happy

HotTiges

Projections  are rubbish.. Very rarely was I near either behind or in front of it.

I think you would want to be scoring over 2200 especially early on

nopies4u

i tend to agree with you tiges but theres no other way of quantifying how good your side is to start off with. I just added the average from last year and gave most of my onfield rooks 70 points as a rough guide. Anything can happen, injuries and bad form, but if i can get a full side with about 6 trades i would be really happy. Lack of forward and back rooks are driving me crazy!

upthemaidens

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: colmullet on March 03, 2014, 07:58:40 PM
scored 2400 first round last year.......and didn't beat it again till the last round of the season.......if that happens again i won't be happy

Very similar to me. Scored 2400ish rd 1 and didn't top it until the end of the season - Disaster

T Dog

Quote from: upthemaidens on March 03, 2014, 08:12:09 PM
   How long is a piece of rope?

100 + average per player in rd1...an extaordinary effort IMO... :-\

Spite

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 03, 2014, 08:14:45 PM
Quote from: colmullet on March 03, 2014, 07:58:40 PM

Very similar to me. Scored 2400ish rd 1 and didn't top it until the end of the season - Disaster

Yep scored 2397 round 1 and didn't beat it until final round last year! Glad I wasn't the only disappointed one! :P

Quote from: nopies4u on March 03, 2014, 08:07:55 PM
i tend to agree with you tiges but theres no other way of quantifying how good your side is to start off with. I just added the average from last year and gave most of my onfield rooks 70 points as a rough guide. Anything can happen, injuries and bad form, but if i can get a full side with about 6 trades i would be really happy. Lack of forward and back rooks are driving me crazy!

6 trades? For 5 mid spots, 1 ruck, 1 forward and 2 backline upgrades??? Maybe 16 trades but that may even be pushing it, my general rule is 3 trades for a mid (two downgrades and an upgrade) and 2 trades for any other position (one downgrade and an upgrade)

Going with quick cash generation can work very well if your rooks perform but if they dont then its hard to come back from that.

To answer the titles question, it depends on what the highest scoring players score (and the usual captains options) but anything over 2200 is usually a success

GoLions

Can't really predict how well your rookies are going to score, and each team will be playing around 6-8 I would imagine. They could flop and score <50 each, or bring out 80+ scores, and maybe the odd 100 in the midfield.

And Spite, I think he meant with 6 trades left (so using 24 trades) :P

shaker

upthemaidens

Quote from: T Dog on March 03, 2014, 08:20:12 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on March 03, 2014, 08:12:09 PM
   How long is a piece of rope?

100 + average per player in rd1...an extaordinary effort IMO... :-\
Sure 2500 would seem to be good, but its all relative.   1800 might be fantastic aswell.

eaglesman

a good score is one that is higher than other coaches ... if ya score 2200 first round you can be content with that ...  I averaged 2300 consistently last year, I am not sure whether i cracked the 2400 mark once to be honest and ranked pretty well

I think the key is scoring as best u can when navigating the byes

Spite

Quote from: GoLions16 on March 03, 2014, 08:31:27 PM

That would make so much more sense! Sorry! haha

GoldDigger

Quote from: Spite on March 04, 2014, 12:21:55 AM
Quote from: GoLions16 on March 03, 2014, 08:31:27 PM

That would make so much more sense! Sorry! haha

I fell for that too! n00b :o