Swallow and Caddy

Started by quinny88, March 02, 2014, 11:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

So these are the 2 guys that everyone is banking on having break out seasons.

Midfielders that can be picked as forwards or backs are gold and they are both looking likely to become full time mids and break out, but for some reason I just cant feel comfortable either way I look at it.
If I have both in, I feel like its risky, if I leave them out I feel like im missing out.

The Nab challenge almost made it harder for me. They both teased us without really setting the world on fire. Caddys 30 possession game against Melbourne that only equated to 94 SC points was a bit off putting, but I didnt see the game.

Whats everyones thoughts on these guys anyway? Who are you going with?

kilbluff1985

the SC scores are lower in NAB due to 8 extra players playing

i have Caddy in forward line but Hansen over Swallow currently

quinny88

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on March 02, 2014, 11:58:43 PM
the SC scores are lower in NAB due to 8 extra players playing

i have Caddy in forward line but Hansen over Swallow currently

Yeah I understand thats the case but the fact that he scored 121 DT and only 94 SC is still not great.
The other top scorers all scored more in SC than DT

Marstar

That's one way of looking at it. The other is a forward for $325k who is capable of bringing home 121 DT points ;) Maybe he is better for DT  :-\

quinny88

Quote from: Marstar on March 03, 2014, 12:16:54 AM
That's one way of looking at it. The other is a forward for $325k who is capable of bringing home 121 DT points ;) Maybe he is better for DT  :-\

Yeah.. But I couldnt give a rats ass about DT  :-X

Marstar

Hehe you missed my point :P But yes, if he's not going to find the ball as often in the season proper and his DE and game impact is not up to par then 85 DT points translating to 60's would be aweful :S

_wato

That 94 in a season proper would've translated to 111 points, so just settle. I was of the same frame of mind until I worked it out properly. I am now very much warming to the idea of sitting him at F4/5.

Definitely not starting Swallow however. I don't see enough in him to justify a spot.

ben_020285

Quote from: _wato on March 03, 2014, 08:15:45 AM
That 94 in a season proper would've translated to 111 points, so just settle. I was of the same frame of mind until I worked it out properly. I am now very much warming to the idea of sitting him at F4/5.

Definitely not starting Swallow however. I don't see enough in him to justify a spot.

This.

Swallow is at a price where you would want him to be a keeper. He won't be.

Caddy is at a price where he can be upgraded later on. Great F5 option that should score well, make some cash and then turn into a premium.

Anubis

Caddy got a lot of +6 DT junk in the last quarter when the cats were chipping it around. His game against Collingwood was a better display of how he'll go in the real season.

_wato

Yeah Ben's exactly right. However I have him at F4 as I can't squeeze him in otherwise.

quinny88

Quote from: ben_020285 on March 03, 2014, 08:30:19 AM
Quote from: _wato on March 03, 2014, 08:15:45 AM

This.

Swallow is at a price where you would want him to be a keeper. He won't be.

Caddy is at a price where he can be upgraded later on. Great F5 option that should score well, make some cash and then turn into a premium.

Tend to agree with this. The closer it gets to the start of the season the more I'm turning off swallow