Discuss Andrew Walker!!

Started by Free Kick, March 02, 2014, 09:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Free Kick

Not seeing Walker in many backlines.

Has performed well for a couple of years..

Solid Average..

Any reason people are staying away?

Thoughts coaches?

H1bb3i2d

The idea of returning to the forward line has put many off. wait and see, perfect upgrade target! plus shares a bye with the hawks, simpson, hurn etc...

RaisyDaisy

Only had 1 good year, bad bye, Mitchell and McVeigh much better options at that price

Vinny

Worth considering for sure but at such a high price I'd say no, take Simmo instead.

HotTiges

wait for the price drop. will be in top 5 DEF averages I think..

ubeaut

Happy to have him as a POD. First defender picked and has never been out of my side. As long as he doesn't go forward and stay there. He was so good for them (not just SC) down back why move him. Yarran will be used as a forward more I think.

He's fit as buggery knows how to find the pill wherever he is. 27 I think so prime of his career.  Loves to kick rather than handball. He was awesome last year as a fwd so as a back has even more value.

Checked scores vs early opponents last year and -
v Richmond 137
v WC 109
v Crows 124
v Melb 141
v Bombers 140
v Port 123

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: ubeaut on March 02, 2014, 10:40:01 PM
Happy to have him as a POD. First defender picked and has never been out of my side. As long as he doesn't go forward and stay there. He was so good for them (not just SC) down back why move him. Yarran will be used as a forward more I think.

He's fit as buggery knows how to find the pill wherever he is. 27 I think so prime of his career.  Loves to kick rather than handball. He was awesome last year as a fwd so as a back has even more value

Hard to argue with that

quinny88

He's fit as buggery knows how to find the pill wherever he is. 27 I think so prime of his career.  Loves to kick rather than handball. He was awesome last year as a fwd so as a back has even more value.

v Richmond 137
v WC 109
v Crows 124
v Melb 141
v Bombers 140
v Port 123

Mick has eluded to him playing more forward again this season though, thats what puts me off him. A bit like Bartel I guess.
Would rather just use him as an upgrade target if he does continue his role down back.

Marstar

Quote from: quinny88 on March 02, 2014, 11:41:02 PM

v Richmond 137
v WC 109
v Crows 124
v Melb 141
v Bombers 140
v Port 123

Mick has eluded to him playing more forward again this season though, thats what puts me off him. A bit like Bartel I guess.
Would rather just use him as an upgrade target if he does continue his role down back.

Mind Games maybe? :P

quinny88

Quote from: Marstar on March 03, 2014, 12:05:08 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on March 02, 2014, 11:41:02 PM

v Richmond 137
v WC 109
v Crows 124
v Melb 141
v Bombers 140
v Port 123

Mind Games maybe? :P

Perhaps! but he was quite a handy forward too lets not forget. i think its easier to find people to play that lose half back role than it is to find damaging forwards